• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seats reupholstered by Premier in Santa Clara--your opinions?

My '93's driver's seat is shot (holes in three places), and the passenger seat is showing wear. Premier Auto Tops & Interiors, which has been around for decades and has gotten good reviews in Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-aut...DnfsTUp-ERV0v6uD38vA/src:search/query:Premier upholstery), quoted me the following:

• Reupholster driver's seat: $1496
  • Dye passenger seat: $250-$350 (an outside guy does it)
  • Re-cover the engine cover (I'd started using a carpet brush to clean it and after just a couple swipes I'd created a "bald spot," so they'll put a similar looking heat-tolerant cover on it, given that a new engine cover costs $800 or thereabouts): $288

They assure me that both seats will match and will look like new. Anyone have an opinion on this firm or on the prices?

--Bob

Do a search Bob. There are a number of threads about seat cover options and there have been several group buys for them. Good luck.

Doug

Seems high to me too $1500 for one seat, plus patch the other one for another $250-$350. Another NSX prime member got both seats done for $1000 and it's one of the best aftermarket reupholstery jobs I have seen.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1121643&postcount=20

Here is the info for the store he got the work done at and price. I would jump all over this if someone in my area did similar work for the price.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=978723&postcount=34

COUNTY AUTO & BOAT UPHOLSTERY, 714-530-5873 .

1100.00 included leather covering complete backside, pref suede, and door inserts

Last edited:
I picked up a set of covers from Leatherseats.com then had Cook's install them. Turned out great. upgraded to perforated leather and also had the door inserts done to match.

Everything, including the doors ran me about $1500

Most of the time the price is based on what kind of car. I bet you if you take the seat out, bring it to the shop in a truck, and tell them it is just a seat for the prelude and I guarantee you it will be a lot cheaper.

PM me and I'll hook you up with a great guy right in your backyard. He does work for at least one Acura dealership as well as Lexus and others. I'm going to meet him about my TSX on Saturday or Sunday, so if you can send me pix or more details, I can forward to him and have him contact you or send you his contact info.

Carlos (NSFRBLX) was nice enough to meet me and show me his seats with their covers from Leatherseats.com. From that and other feedback on that firm from this site I've decided that I'll order the seat covers from them and have Premier or Cook's (the shop that did Carlos's) install them, for hundreds of dollars less than Premier would have charged me to do the whole job from scratch. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

--Bob

Yeah, I'll try to take "before" and "after" shots and post them (though viewer warning: the "before" picture will be pretty horrifying).

I called Leatherseats.com and they say that my original ivory factory leather is not available so they're sending me a swatch of "ecru," which is the closest match. Price is $959 total for the two seats.

Dan, thanks for the PM'd referral to your upholstery guy. I just talked with him and will show him my car once I get the swatch. Looks like I have three well-regarded options for installation now.

--Bob

Yeah, I'll try to take "before" and "after" shots and post them (though viewer warning: the "before" picture will be pretty horrifying).

I called Leatherseats.com and they say that my original ivory factory leather is not available so they're sending me a swatch of "ecru," which is the closest match. Price is $959 total for the two seats.

Dan, thanks for the PM'd referral to your upholstery guy. I just talked with him and will show him my car once I get the swatch. Looks like I have three well-regarded options for installation now.

--Bob

They sometimes have group buys on here, you might want to see if you can get in on one of those if they have one coming up soon:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120112&highlight=leatherseats.com

They also sell their stuff on ebay for around $650 or so, but you will be limited to what they have on there and that might not be the ecru, maybe just black. I believe some other members have done ecru and it's pretty close.

HTH.

Back