SE/Mid-atlantic NSXpo roll-call

ARYNSX said:
Sig, I need direction to get to your place. What time we will start driving on thursday ?
Thanks

Hey Ary-

It's just off the beltway near Tyson's Corner Mall. From Fairfax, the simplest way would probably be:

1) 66 east
2) Exit on 495 North
3) Exit on Rt 7 West towards Tyson's Corner
4) Turn Left on Gallows Road (just past the McDonalds about 2 lights down rt. 7)
5)Turn Right on Madrillon Road (next to the DMV)
6) Turn Left on Merry Oaks Lane (it's the second left off of Madrillon)
7) Turn right on Madrillon Creek Ct. (it's the 1st Right off of Merry Oak)

Go down to towards the end of the Court and park just before you get to the houses. There should be lots of available parking. I will put up a sign our something in front of my house and leave the NSX in the driveway that day.

the I-81 route is faster, but longer -as you noted. Route 15 has many slower areas, though. When we drove up last year, I-81 had a back-up due to construction (in the middle of nowhere). So, I guess it's a crap shoot.
If you like high-speed cruising, take the interstate. For more local scenery and the chance to blast past slower-moving traffic, take Route 15.

from MapQuest: 6 hrs. 23 minutes 305 miles

1: Start out going North on GALLOWS RD/VA-650 N toward MADRON LN. 0.4 miles Map
2: Turn RIGHT onto GALLOWS BRANCH RD. <0.1 miles Map
3: Turn LEFT onto OLD GALLOWS RD. 0.1 miles Map
4: Turn RIGHT onto LEESBURG PIKE/VA-7 E. 0.2 miles Map
5: Merge onto I-495 N/CAPITAL BELTWAY toward ROCKVILLE/BALTIMORE. 8.6 miles Map
6: Merge onto I-270 SPUR N via exit number 38- on the left- toward ROCKVILLE/FREDERICK. 1.9 miles Map
7: I-270 SPUR N becomes I-270 N. 30.0 miles Map
8: I-270 N becomes US-40 W. 1.2 miles Map
9: US-40 W becomes US-15 N. 67.5 miles Map
10: Merge onto PA-581 E/HARRISBURG EXWY toward I-83/HARRISBURG/HERSHEY. 2.1 miles Map
11: PA-581 E/HARRISBURG EXWY becomes I-83 N. 8.7 miles Map
12: Merge onto US-322 W via exit number 51A- on the left- toward CARLISLE/LEWISTOWN. 15.6 miles Map
13: Merge onto US-15 N toward SELINSGROVE. 69.3 miles Map
14: US-15 N becomes ramp. 0.2 miles Map
15: Merge onto US-15 N. 75.5 miles Map
16: Merge onto NY-17 E/SOUTHERN TIER EXWY/I-86 E toward CORNING/ELMIRA. 2.7 miles Map
17: Take the RT-414 exit- exit number 46- toward WATKINS GLEN/CORNING GLASS CENTER. 0.2 miles Map
18: Turn LEFT onto NY-414. 19.6 miles Map
19: Turn LEFT onto NY-14/NY-414. 0.6 miles Map
20: Turn LEFT onto NY-409/STEUBEN ST/W 4TH ST. <0.1 miles Map
21: End at Watkins Glen NY Map

Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 23 minutes Total Est. Distance: 305.39 miles

ak said:
Maybe someone from DC area who has been to Watkins Glen can comment...?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36764
scroll down towards the bottom of the thread to the map

Or, take the beltway to 95 north, go around Baltimore on 695 and on the North end of the B'more beltway shoot up straight north on the road that connects to the route highlighted in green in the link above. On the map, this would appear to be the shortest route.
Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
I went to the same route last month, 270 and RT-15 all the way to Harrisburg continued to Hershey-PA.
The conditions of the road is pretty good (no rock chips) and rare of cops :)

Anyway, what's the deal with wednesday night ?
Are we gonna get together for dinner with other guys from FL / South ?

DC Caravan + NY hotel info.

This message is from Scott Silverman:

Dear Fellow DC NSXers,

I would like to start a dialogue concerning our caravan to NSXPO in October. Who is going? What day are you leaving / returning? Do you have a club radio?

If you have not made reservations for a room yet, I am not sure if the official NSXPO hotel in Corning, NY is already booked up, but I booked this 5 bedroom Glen Manor House B&B in Watkins Glen. I booked the whole house months ago for NSXPO. It is located in "Downtown" Watkins Glen, a block from resteraunts, bars, the Glen waterfall, Seneca Lake, etc. I have a room booked at the Official hotel. I booked these rooms just for NSXers that decided to come at the last minute. There is a generous parking lot, room for trailers etc. We go up to the track about once a year and usually stay there. I am going to cancel my reservations soon. If someone is looking for a room, let me know and they are yours.
Scott Silverman
Rockville, MD
[email protected]

Here is a link to the Glen Manor House: http://www.wgvillagermotel.com/b&b.html

My wife and I will be leaving from Richmond, VA in the AM of October 7th. Where can we pick up the caravan to meet up with you guys?! Anyone coming from VA Beach or that area must go right past us, so we can jump on then and pick up the NOVA folks an hour or so later. What do you think?

G-man

ak said:
I'm curious, how many of you from SE have signed up for nsxpo and for how long? I just signed up online but have not gotten hotel yet...

name, arrival date, leaving date, hotel status
ak, 10/7, 10/12, not yet
sig, 10/7, 10/12, yes
VBNSX, 10/7, 10/12, yes
nsxnut , 10/6, 10/12, yes
wei-shin, 10/6, 10/12, yes
Jeff A, 10/6, 10/12, yes

G-man, 10/7. 10/12, yes

Re: NSXPO Caravans from SE and NE

VBNSX said:
I am leaving virginia beach on the 7th and intend on picking someone up in philly then going straight to nsxpo... we may be able to work something out here..

Hey, you have to go right by Richmond, VA on your way up 95N. Let me know and we can hook up on the 7th. :)

G-man said:
My wife and I will be leaving from Richmond, VA in the AM of October 7th. Where can we pick up the caravan to meet up with you guys?! Anyone coming from VA Beach or that area must go right past us, so we can jump on then and pick up the NOVA folks an hour or so later. What do you think?

G-man

G-man-

As of now, we are going to try to leave from the Tyson's Corner between 10 and 11am on the 7th. Hopefully you can make it up around those times. Direrctions to my house from the Beltway (495) are listed about 10 posts up in this thread.

Look forward to seeing you guys.
Jason

Sig said:
G-man-

As of now, we are going to try to leave from the Tyson's Corner between 10 and 11am on the 7th. Hopefully you can make it up around those times. Direrctions to my house from the Beltway (495) are listed about 10 posts up in this thread.

Look forward to seeing you guys.
Jason

11AM would make it easier for other folks to join in, but make sure we set a firm time and we will be there. I assume you mean Tyson's II on the other side of the Ritz Carlton. Clearly, you guys will be the only swarm of NSXs in the parkinglot. :)

Edit: let me clarify... leaving Tyson's at 11AM would be good. Meeting between 10AM and 11AM and leaving at 11AM sounds good.

Last edited:
Going up for Vendor Day. Will be there with a truck full of Taitec and New Kawagen Aero parts. The X will stay in FL.

G-man said:
11AM would make it easier for other folks to join in, but make sure we set a firm time and we will be there. I assume you mean Tyson's II on the other side of the Ritz Carlton. Clearly, you guys will be the only swarm of NSXs in the parkinglot. :)

Edit: let me clarify... leaving Tyson's at 11AM would be good. Meeting between 10AM and 11AM and leaving at 11AM sounds good.

Meant to say leaving the Tyson's 'area'... not Tysons:) My house is in the Tyson's 'area'. The directions to my house are above in post #26 of the thread. As for the dinner the night before at Legal Seafood... that is in fact in Tyson's II by the Ritz. Hope that clears it up a bit.

So, we will meet between 10 and 11.... and leave as close to 11am as possible on Thursday morning.

Scott and Robyn Silverman Staying at Raddison Thursday 10/7 through Wednesday 10/13. Caravaning with the DC group on Thursday. Looking forward to a Great Event

Michael and Allison Fitzpatrick
we will be attending dinner and joining group thurs morn for departure at 11am
Has anyone planned any stops or back road detours for the trip to WGlen?
Mike

Scott in MD said:
Scott and Robyn Silverman Staying at Raddison Thursday 10/7 through Wednesday 10/13. Caravaning with the DC group on Thursday. Looking forward to a Great Event

Gordon and Kisa Miller, Staying at the Raddison Thursday 10/7 - Tuesday 10/12. Caravanning with the Tyson's Group out of DC on Thursday. See you guys between 10AM - 11AM. :)

We should think of some basic stuff that we all may want/need access to for the long drive and collectively bring the items on the list for community use.

Some things I plan on bringing for group use:

-tool kit that has most basic tools needed for cars.
-A pair of two way Audiovox radios
-Torque wrench
-tire pressure guage

I will bring:
More radios,
Jack,
Various tools, sockets
Tire plug kit

?? anything else??

For the track: helmet and driving gloves (sig I have these already in my NSX for you for delivery at dinner tomorrow night.) Extra oil and brake fluid. ...and duct tape. also- blue painter's masking tape. it is cheaper than 100mph "racing tape" and can save your paint in hi-wear areas. tire gauge.

Well, we all made it here in one piece. It was a great drive and a fast one at that. Gotta love the windy mountain roads when there are few cars on them except for a pack of NSX's.

Hey guys. Look what you missed!!! We had 7 cars going up for caravan. It was a fantastic(i.e. very fast :eek: ) ride.

3868P1010045-med.JPG

3868P1010046-med.JPG

3868P1010047-med.JPG

3868P1010048-med.JPG

3868P1010049-med.JPG

3868P1010050-med.JPG

Back