• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SCW Performance NSX Aluminum Coolant Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was directed this way by several members about producing a limited run of our Aluminum Coolant Tanks for the NSX. We have the ability to produce these with exceptional quality and reasonable pricing compared to other companies out there. As I mentioned before in another thread, if there is a need for this by the prime community, we can push forward and design one specifically for the NSX that will have a factory fit, no leaks, and a warranty to back it up.

Below are tanks pictured we have already produced, and still produce. You can see the quality of our design, craftsmanship, and finish options.

As for pricing concerns, I have no firm numbers but just know our goal is to provide the NSX community excellently priced, affordable parts, while maintaing a high degree of show quality. I can say that in order to produce a specific tank for the NSX we will need to meet a minimum quantity to recover initial material costs, development time, etc. (maybe 15 units min.)

Here are a few of the tanks we already produce for other cars...Please note, most of our tanks are both Oil Catch Can + Coolant Tank in 1 unit, some are all coolant, some are all catch can.

Additional options: Custom Powdercoat Finishes, Brushed Finish, Polished Finish, Laser Etching (maybe NSX logo?)

For Nissan R35 GTR: (note, this complicated tank is over 18" in length, fully baffled, water + oil) + Laser Etch
yhst-39961695802916_2225_4474034

For Hyundai Genesis Coupe:
yhst-39961695802916_2223_198566593

For Integra, Civic, S2000, Prelude:
yhst-39961695802916_2223_197908431

For S2000 06+:
yhst-39961695802916_2225_4245005

These are what welds SHOULD look like...
yhst-39961695802916_2225_4366392

In Black edition:
yhst-39961695802916_2225_3845212

In Polished edition:
yhst-39961695802916_2225_3992732

For 06+ Civic Si Tank / Coolant + Oil Catch Can:
631f53cd.jpg

If there was a strong demand by Prime members for a need of this type of item, we could produce it and make a show quality piece at an affordable price, no doubt about that.

Some pics of our tanks installed in peoples cars all over the globe...

The GTR tank in Black Edition - Was in Import Tuner Magazine and numerous blogs
_MG_0026.jpg

Civic Si Tank Kit installed at JoTech Motorsports:
003c1387.jpg

S2000 Black Edition Tank in the UK:
comp_IMG_1170.jpg

S2000 Silver Tank:
f66a6e37.jpg

GTR Tank on JoTech's GTR...
IMG_8077.jpg

Genesis Tank Installed:
65bf2e3d.jpg

S2000 Small Tank:
699e59eb.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be in for one if it looks good and in black , if not I'll just buy a jdm cover but I'll hold off on that to see how this will look

You talking about the cheap little rubbery thing on the stock tank? Lmao...J/K...for $225? Ya ok.

Lol yeah that's why I'm holding off to see how this tank will look. O I got my lugs in , gg on that

Prolly aluminum for me, but Im really open to options.

I'm more concerned that it works, goes with the NSX theme, has oem fit (or near), and lasts.

Count me in for a polished one with NSX logo in it. Let's get this done guys. We need more vendors to step up and develop great products such as these. Cheers

You talking about the cheap little rubbery thing on the stock tank? Lmao...J/K...for $225? Ya ok.
Lmao? Really...? You guys are on a really high horse.

Dali has been producing quality alum tanks for the NSX for years. You guys are not new to the NSX game here.

Also, have you ever thought that some of us may want the coolant tank to be the weakest link in the chain? If something needs to bust a leak i'd rather have my plastic OEM tank leak vs. my hoses, my radiator, or anything else that's much more of a pain in the ass to change.

Btw.. the black little rubbery thingy is a NSX-R OEM part used as a cover for the OEM clear/white tank because the sun's rays cause the tank to yellow and crack prematurely. The "black rubbery thingy" prevents that from happening. The NSX-R uses a mesh engine cover that's lightweight but allows the sun in.

Dali stuff.. SOS makes these too.
coolant-tank-ironside-round-diagram.jpg

dali-ironside-coolant-tank-catch-black.image.jpg

dali-coolant-tank-ironside-features.big.jpg

DSCF0391sm.jpg

and many more....
https://www.google.com/search?q=dal...WUiALjvYDYBA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=653

Last edited:
In in pending looks and price. I prefer the triangle looking ones like SOS and STMPO vs the round can ones. And polished.

EZdoesit,

I understand your point, and we have been told that SOS discontinued this product, and many Prime members are not in the Dali circle of friends, there are numerous people that have been stiffed or brushed aside with poor customer service to get tanks from him even after paying in full. I also found myself getting the same run-around treatment from them. I've done a fair amount of research, we are not new to the game when it comes to products, we run a full time race shop & fab parts on the side, I have a pretty good idea what parts are out there already. New to NSX, sure. New to Hondas', absolutely not. I personally worked for Honda for almost 7 years before coming to the performance scene.
As for the black coolant tank cover, I know full well what that is, does, and why it's important you don't need to educate me. All joking aside, $225 for a molded rubber jacket is a bit insane in my opinion...NSX surcharge markup? no way!

Last edited:
i'm interested if it coms in wrinkle red and design looks similar to the GTR tank.. Looks like a very complicated but nice design

Hopefully you can see that there is definite interest from the Prime community, and also that we will pay good money for great product and service.

This thread is a nice tease, but I won't be paying much attention until you come back with a firm design, price, and list of options available.

Last edited:
Hopefully you can see that there is definite interest from the Prime community, and also that we will pay good money for great product and service.

This thread is a nice tease, but I won't be paying much attention until you come back with a firm design, price, and list of options available.

No intention of teasing, but giving credit to the products we have already produced and testing the market if there is a desire for this again after others have already produced it. Most companies today operate on minimums, and it doesn't make sense to make a product that doesn't fill a gap in the the market. Yes, price is important. Yes, Quality is important. I can assure you that if we made a NSX tank, it would be less $400. Quantity at that point would drive the cost down further (the more, the cheaper)...

I think if you made a prototype and introduced it to the NSX community that would spark a lot of interest and you would get some good responses. I dont know about the rest but I dont think there is a coolant tank/catch can combo in one peice out for the NSX yet and that would be pretty badass to have. Either way, I will keep checking in.

I'd be in for one if I didn't already have one.

I think if you made a prototype and introduced it to the NSX community that would spark a lot of interest and you would get some good responses. I dont know about the rest but I dont think there is a coolant tank/catch can combo in one peice out for the NSX yet and that would be pretty badass to have. Either way, I will keep checking in.

I have one.

attachment.php

I have the Dali red one but it has no sight tube which I think is very important. It's well built but I like seeing my coolant level even when my engine is hot so I'm intrested also.

We will be working on a template next week, been too busy with fiberglass molds and carbon fiber dashboards lately... Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back