• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

ScienceofSpeed Releases ScienceofSpeed Supercharger System for NSX

hi Dennis --

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I uploaded some photos of your car to share. Building Dennis' car has been a very rewarding experience for all of us at ScienceofSpeed. This car is a prime example of a perfect low mileage early coupe and has been a real treat to be able to work on. We couldn't has asked for a better challenge, a more supportive customer, or a better outcome.

Cheers,
-- Chris

NSX-sc-aftercooler-sidequar.jpg

NSX-sc-aftercooler.jpg

NSX-sc-aftercooler-rearwind.jpg

NSX-Dennis.jpg

That looks pretty nice. The intecooler really does raise the supercharger a lot. Looks like the airbox barely fits. Would the comptech CF air box cover fit easier with the intercooler? Either way, it looks like I have found my project for 2010!

Chris-

I'm interested. Is this kit bolt-on where someone like myself with a trained mechanic can install sort of like plug and play?

Living in Dubai its very humid (60-80% regularly) and we get near insane temperatures in the summer months (+40C). Are there considerations someone like I would need in terms of tuning?

I've heard of issues with running in cold and warm seasons. Does this setup automatically correct for temp's?

My concern with running this setup is the fine sand and dust that can potentially be sucked into the engine via airbox. Am I able to run the stock airbox or do you need to run something aftermarket? If aftermarket is there a filter setup that avoids the potential for sand or grit being sucked into the engine?

For people like myself who run the Taitec GT Lightweight can I keep using it with this setup?

Sorry for the newb questions but I'm trying to understand all concerns related to installing this setup. I'd like to know everything in the event I keep my car here instead of bringing it home to Canada.

That looks pretty nice. The intecooler really does raise the supercharger a lot. Looks like the airbox barely fits. Would the comptech CF air box cover fit easier with the intercooler? Either way, it looks like I have found my project for 2010!

The aftercooler raises the compressor 2". However, it does not interfere with rear visibility as shown in the photo above. That being said, on factory engines, we feel that the aftercooler is not needed. The standard system fits under the factory or any aftermarket engine covers.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris-

I'm interested. Is this kit bolt-on where someone like myself with a trained mechanic can install sort of like plug and play?

Living in Dubai its very humid (60-80% regularly) and we get near insane temperatures in the summer months (+40C). Are there considerations someone like I would need in terms of tuning?

I've heard of issues with running in cold and warm seasons. Does this setup automatically correct for temp's?

My concern with running this setup is the fine sand and dust that can potentially be sucked into the engine via airbox. Am I able to run the stock airbox or do you need to run something aftermarket? If aftermarket is there a filter setup that avoids the potential for sand or grit being sucked into the engine?

For people like myself who run the Taitec GT Lightweight can I keep using it with this setup?

Sorry for the newb questions but I'm trying to understand all concerns related to installing this setup. I'd like to know everything in the event I keep my car here instead of bringing it home to Canada.

hi Cam --

Thanks for the questions. Installation is quite easy and requires no special tools. We wrote the installation guide specificly for our system which includes photos of each step. However, you must have access to a dyno and someone who is familiar with tuning. We supply the system with a calibration directly from a car with your exact engine and electronics. However, each car varies slightly, so the tune must be checked and fine adjustments made if needed. The AEM F/IC software is very easy to use, and anyone with prior tuning experience should be able to handle this.

Regarding temperatures, this should not be a problem. The tuning solution retains the factory ECU which will adjust for cold and hot starts, just like a stock car does (based on coolant temperature) and will adjust the mixture based on manifold pressure (the hotter, the less dense the air, and the less boost that will be produced) and inlet temperature (the system retains the factory inlet temperature sensor).

We use the factory air box. So, filtration will be exactly like the car is now. Regardless of if the car is stock or supercharged, the factory recommends an increase in air filter change intervals for sandy conditions.

Using the GT Lightweight will not be a problem.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris, does this set up have a bleeder from the snout or blower or is it a sealed system? Looks great.

The charger uses a breather hole through the drive shaft. The manufacture does not recommend a sealed chamber due to expansion.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Is comptech going to stop producing these? Did you stop carrying CT SCers?

Chris can you fill us in on the differences between a comptech SC and yours?

What adavantages do you see in your SC vs Comptechs?

CT Engineering continues to offer the CT Engineering supercharger system. In fact, we have a kit shipping this week to a customer. We definitely offer both, as they each have their advantages. You can find the CT Engineering Supercharger system here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/CT-Engineering/supercharger/

The major difference of the CT Engineering supercharger system is that it offers CARB exemption for CA customers. It also uses a more rudimentary fuel system, which is a good thing for customers looking for a bolt on solution. Although we still always recommend dyno testing after installation - tuning can be done with adjusting the fuel pressure regulator stud.

The major difference with our supercharger system is that it uses a larger more efficient supercharger. Due to this, we had to greatly expand the type of fuel system used. Our system uses a programmable fuel and ignition computer which directly controls the included larger injectors and provides ignition control as well. This system is delivered already programmed, and requires you to also put it on the dyno after installation, but requires someone familiar with tuning to make any fine tuning adjustments if needed. Due to the tuning capability, this does not allow a system like ours to be CARB exempt.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
-- Chris

hi Cam --

Thanks for the questions. Installation is quite easy and requires no special tools. We wrote the installation guide specificly for our system which includes photos of each step.

Hey Chris,

OT:How possible would this write up be for the lovefab kit? Thanks,

-Jim

Hey Chris,

OT:How possible would this write up be for the lovefab kit? Thanks,

-Jim

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you're looking for an installation guide for the Lovefab turbocharger system, you should contact Cody at Lovefab as we do not have one.

regards,
-- Chris

Hey Chris,

Sorry about that I was just hoping that since you guys did local installs that you might have the energy/time to make a write up. I'll get with Cody though when the time comes.

-Jim

so you can't use the 3 point strut bar with this kit? how does this affect rigidty of the targas?

That billet shock tower bar is no longer offered by CT-E unfortunately. A new tubular model is being worked on. We're waiting for these to be available for us to test fit.

Cheers,
-- Chris

That billet shock tower bar is no longer offered by CT-E unfortunately. A new tubular model is being worked on. We're waiting for these to be available for us to test fit.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Honestly, the tower brace probably doesn't do all that much :)
I'm curious as to why it doesn't fit anymore. Is it because it sits higher? Is it blocked on the right, the left, the bottom etc..

Honestly, the tower brace probably doesn't do all that much :)
I'm curious as to why it doesn't fit anymore. Is it because it sits higher? Is it blocked on the right, the left, the bottom etc..

Neither our system or the Comptech/CT-E supercharger systems work with the factory brace as it conflicts with the compressor housing.

Cheers,
-- chris

Neither our system or the Comptech/CT-E supercharger systems work with the factory brace as it conflicts with the compressor housing.

Cheers,
-- chris

.. I was responding to the comment that the CTE bars aren't being made anymore and it seemd to imply that those don't work.

Are you saying that only the stock bars wont' work, but the CTE bars should be just fine, for those that have them?

.. I was responding to the comment that the CTE bars aren't being made anymore and it seemd to imply that those don't work.

Are you saying that only the stock bars wont' work, but the CTE bars should be just fine, for those that have them?

Sorry, we have not had the chance to test fit the discontinued CT-E shock tower bar. However, a 2004 that is coming in next week for our supercharger kit has one installed - well let you know how this fits.

Cheers,
-- Chris

some clients are wondering if something can be heard, beyond the improved exhaust note that is!

hi DJ --

Sorry, I missed this question. The supercharger can only be heard at wide open throttle. It's a slight high pitched growl. The sound is very pleasing - it is much quieter than other Whipple or Autorotor compressors used in the past. We have two cars in the shop for superchargers now - we'll get a couple sound samples soon.

Cheers,
-- Chris

We had a chance to test fit the old billet shock tower brace for targa models, and it does fit with our system if you are interested (see photo below). This brace is discontinued however. A new prototype tubular model is being test fit now.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Attachments

• comptechbrace.jpg
    comptechbrace.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 210
Hi Guys,

installed this SC, will revert with comments and more photos in "Forced..." topic, yet let me inform you:

finally tuned with Total Race, Moscow on Pro EFI EMS, AEM FI/C dismantled and will be either accepted for trade in or soon will be on sale.

here are DYNO:

4th gear
picture.php

3rd gear
picture.php

550cc injectors, walbro pump.
MODS - please look in profile.

All the best!

Back