• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

ScienceofSpeed releases new 3.4l, 3.6l, & 3.8l stroker packages

AutoVation said:
The SOS SC is only $6495. I would think the SC route is going to be about $1000 cheaper when all is said and done. Then again, you can always add either a stroker package or SC after you go either route to start! :biggrin:

Nice job SOS, I can't wait to see some dyno's on these packages!

I heard it is $15,000 if you have a 3.2 to go to a 3.8 stroker. So much for your theory.

Of course, for the money you are getting a NA motor in a NSX with 360HP. It should be incredible and hopefully more reliable than a SC application.

Last edited:
chris,

can you give us an approximate estimate on what this would truly end up costing to go from a 3.0/3.2 to the 3.8? and what extras would you need/rec.?

thanks,

rk

Can we get a custom CR like 11.5:1 or 12:1?

Sleeving and rebuilding the motor will easily be another $3-4k on top of the parts they are offering, BTW.

I see you guys are selling the motors developed by Jon Martin.....congrats many people will be happy with the 3.8L.....I know I will be........;)

NetViper said:
I heard it is $15,000 if you have a 3.2 to go to a 3.8 stroker. So much for your theory.

If you have a 3.2L it would be cheaper to sell it and buy a 3.0L before doing this project. The theory stands. It would actually be even cheaper than a 3.0 if you sell the 3.2L for more than you buy a 3.0 for (which is a definite possibility). :tongue:

Also, who did you hear this from?

AutoVation said:
Also, who did you hear this from?

i asked Chris W. directly at NSXPO what the "out the door" price would be. APprox $15k is what I was quoted. Still not too bad, assuming the custom parts are pricier than stock spec parts, where a rebuild is $10k+... That, I believe, is all inclusive.. i.e. i drive my car up, drop it off, and pick it up later..

NetViper said:

Of course, for the money you are getting a NA motor in a NSX with 360HP. It should be incredible and hopefully more reliable than a SC application.

A tuned properly tuned CTSC will run over most of these packages, even a 3.8L stroker. As far as reliability the CTSC is tough to beat. In terms of the NA packages, who knows, that will greatly depend on the specifications and tolerances that have been calculated by SOS for this package and more importantly the experience of engine builder and tuner. Its good to see these kind of fun options for the community.

Factor X Motorsports said:
Its been a while since we have said wow on this forum. Very impressive. What kind of power has been put into these configurations and at what length?

Thanks for the compliment guys. The crankshaft has been used for longer than 2 years in race engines developing in excess of 1000 hp. Using the crankshaft in a street car application is new, however, the quality of materials and tolerances designed in should equal or exceed factory crankshaft life.

Cheers,
-- Chris

satan_srv said:
Can we get a custom CR like 11.5:1 or 12:1?

Yes, custom compression rations from 9.0-12.5:1 are available. Anything beyond we'd need to do design work with the heads.

Regards,
-- Chris

Dave Hardy said:
Remind me what the stock CR is? I run 11.1:1 with 26 degrees of initial advance in my Civic and it does just dandy on 93 octane. Any reason not to expect the same in the NSX 6?

10.2:1. Many factors will have an effect on compatibility of a certain CR with a certain grade of gas including piston dome design, head design, and ignition timing. Our NA pistons have a unique dome design for maximum burn efficiency. We've ran 11:1 on pump gas with out problems. Several high end production sports cars motors exceed even this (Porsche 996 at 11.3:1 comes to mind).

Regards,
-- Chris

Thanks. I figured as much, but you're the expert on these cars. I've spent hundreds of hours playing with Civic engine internals but have yet to turn the first wrench on an NSX. I do love the more cubes option. I'd also love to see if you could squeeze 400 HP out of a 3.8 with 11.5:1 or so on 93 Octane with the stock induction - you know - if you need another project :)

Back