• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

ScienceofSpeed releases new 3.4l, 3.6l, & 3.8l stroker packages

ScienceofSpeed is excited to release our new 3.4l, 3.6l, and 3.8l stroker packages. These packages are based around our new 88mm stroke forged billet crankshaft with pistons designed to maintain a high rod ratio while decreasing rotating mass by nearly 100 grams to maintain high rev capacity. This crankshaft allows a 3.4l displacement while using an unmodified factory 3.0L block or 3.6l & 3.8l displacements with a re-sleeved block.

Please come see our display engine at NSXPO at our booth on Saturday. Additional information will be provided after NSXPO.

Thanks for your support,
-- Chris

strokerbrochure.gif

For 3.2L?

This is great - for about the same dough as a CTSC, you seem to be producing about the same NA HP. Is that right?

I like that idea - a lot!

SPA_S2000 said:
For 3.2L?

This is great - for about the same dough as a CTSC, you seem to be producing about the same NA HP. Is that right?

You are forgetting the Labor costs. Chris, Any idea on that for each setup?

Oh no Im not - the SC for a 3.2L is significantly more than $6200, and it has labor costs on top also. While I bet this kit has higher labor, will it be $2500 MORE to install than an SC would be? I wouldnt think so.

nsxtacey said:
Can those be applied to 97+ 3.2L?

In theory, assuming the proper forged pistons were offered, and since the 3.2L block is "sleeved" from the factory, such a package would be limited to the 3.6L version only.

rk-nsx said:
me too. will this worl on the 3.2L cars? is the 360 rwhp?

rk

it looks like the estimate is bhp instead of rwhp

actually their built 3.3L conversion dynoed at 311 rwhp. which would be about 357 bhp.

rk

Last edited:
Considering a Carrera S is a 3.8L motor and it makes 355 HP, it sounds reasonable that the 3.8L NSX would be around 360.

NetViper said:
You mean 357 bhp.

well i guess if you took stock 270 bhp configuration, and increased the displacement only (without the additional modifications) then this .8 litre increase would generate about 360 bhp, not bad at all :biggrin:

i believe the quoted horsepower is just for the stated mod only, the 3.3 litre built engine had other stuff like the new Cams, Chip, Throttlebody, and other goodies, if you had all of this stuff done in addition to the increased displacement i think it would be even more goodness...

hi guys --

1. The 3.2L block uses a special cylinder liner that is not compatible with aftermarket pistons that are available. It can however be resleeved for a 90-95mm bore.

2. Yes, this package is compatible with forced induction. We recommend the 90mm-93mm bore for anything lower than 450 bhp. Higher horsepower numbers will require custom rods as large piston wrist pins will be required. This crank has been used for several years by a professional race team making more than 1000 bhp in a highly developed 3.2L engine.

3. We recommend AEM EMS which we now have available for all NSX years. However, even the stock computer can support the injector sizing required for this power at a slight compromise of peak performance.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Great great great news Chris. Look forward to hearing more after NSXPO...

Frick, why am I not at NSXPO.

Which Team

Chris@SoS said:
This crank has been used for several years by a professional race team making more than 1000 bhp in a highly developed 3.2L engine.

Would this be O. S. F. or Adam?

Probably Steph

Steph and Adam are both using aftermarket connecting rods...actually they are both using the same brand of aftermarket rods also :wink:, The SOS rods are bushed stock rods,Crankshaft could be same spec as one of theirs, but should be good none the less, good stuff should be some fun :biggrin:

Last edited:
SPA_S2000 said:
Oh no Im not - the SC for a 3.2L is significantly more than $6200, and it has labor costs on top also. While I bet this kit has higher labor, will it be $2500 MORE to install than an SC would be? I wouldnt think so.

The SOS SC is only $6495. I would think the SC route is going to be about $1000 cheaper when all is said and done. Then again, you can always add either a stroker package or SC after you go either route to start! :biggrin:

Nice job SOS, I can't wait to see some dyno's on these packages!

Back