• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

ScienceofSpeed Reinvents the Coolant Expansion Tank for the NSX - now w/ sight glass

After a half year of R&D experimenting with fittings and tubing to use that will withstand the high temps and high pressures of the factory coolant system, we're excited to release the new ScienceofSpeed Coolant Expansion Tank.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/coolant_tank/

This tank features many new additions and improvements including:

1. exclusive sight glass feature
2. full billet aluminum machined tank fittings & neck
3. internal factory-style baffle
4. hidden mounting tab

silver_600.jpg

silver_side_600.jpg

water_tank_diagram.jpg

1. internal baffle prevents slosh and introduction of air bubbles under aggressive driving. This is the same design as factory, and this is the only aftermarket coolant tank to feature this design.

2. full billet aluminum machined fittings welded from the inside for a clean look & secure connection with the hose.

3. billet aluminum water neck for easy screw-on fitting of the cap and best seal - welded on the inside for the cleanest look.

4. billet aluminum coolant cap with laser etched ScienceofSpeed logo completes the look.

5. exclusive sight glass feature: using specially made high temp / high pressure swivel fittings & tubing, our tanks feature an exclusive sight glass feature that allows viewing the coolant level.

6. hidden mounting tab: compare to your current factory tank - our new design hides the mounting tab behind the tank once installed. We also use an exculsive rubber mount isolator design that prevents vibration to the tank increase the tank's durability. On the opposite side of the tank is a bracket that secures to the fuse box bracket & brake booster line. Unlike other tanks available, no modification is required! Bolts right in to factory location.

The prices listed online are an introductory discount price that will be good until 4/14/06. After this date, the tanks will be $259 - 279.00. We will first be filling our back orders (and I appreciate you all being so patient). If you're interested in getting a tank at the discount, please contact us to place an order. We will not charge your credit card until the item ships.

have a nice weekend,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Re: ScienceofSpeed Reinvents the Coolant Expansion Tank for the NSX - now w/ sight glass

Another great product development Chris! We can't wait to get ours installed soon! :biggrin:

Re: ScienceofSpeed Reinvents the Coolant Expansion Tank for the NSX - now w/ sight glass

great and i just got my one without the sight glass and already installed it....grrr....:mad:

BUT GREAT JOB GUYS:biggrin:

Hi Chris

I've been waiting for mine for months now!!:smile:

I left a credit card # for a polished tank and the sight glass. Don't forget to send the stainless steel steering wheel hub screws for NON type R horn button. Let me know the status of the order Chris.

Thx

Jeff Ling

Looks great Chris... do you have any red in stock? If so, I'll be over this week to pick one up!

Rob

Chris,

I'll call to get on the list for a polished one with the sight glass. I have your polished one without the sight glass that I installed 6 months ago but I want to upgrade. I'll post my current one for sale on Prime after I swap them out:biggrin:

Hi Chris,

Will you offer a core exchange program, for those NSX owners who bought the original SOS coolant tank? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I will call you on Monday to place my order.

Mike

Anybody interested in selling their 'older' version, send me a PM. I was going to get one of these but don't like the 'sight-glass' feature and want one of the older ones.

OneRedNSX said:
Anybody interested in selling their 'older' version, send me a PM. I was going to get one of these but don't like the 'sight-glass' feature and want one of the older ones.

Same, but I would take a good price on a round SS take too.
PM me thanks, Jeff

Thanks guys.

Please note, after this Friday, the tanks will no longer be offered at the introductory price. They will then be offered at the regular price of $259-279.00.

Regards,
-- Chris

does anyone have a picture of the polished finish tank or black tank installed. I am trying to decide between the two.

Chris@SoS said:
Thanks guys.

Please note, after this Friday, the tanks will no longer be offered at the introductory price. They will then be offered at the regular price of $259-279.00.

Regards,
-- Chris

I ordered my tank a couple of days ago for the SOS web site advertised price of $229.00 plus shipping. Great deal! The web site says the price will go up by $15 after 4/14/06 which I think might be a typo based on the about info that indicates a $40 increase after 4/14/06 which would seem to be more in line with the added sight glass feature.

My only point in mentioning this is that $40 is significant savings for early order over the $15 savings the web site suggests it will be.

Jump on this now to save.

NSXSOON said:
I ordered my tank a couple of days ago for the SOS web site advertised price of $229.00 plus shipping. Great deal! The web site says the price will go up by $15 after 4/14/06 which I think might be a typo based on the about info that indicates a $40 increase after 4/14/06 which would seem to be more in line with the added sight glass feature.

My only point in mentioning this is that $40 is significant savings for early order over the $15 savings the web site suggests it will be.

Jump on this now to save.

Thanks for the note. The $15.00 was a typo on the website that we've corrected. The price of the tanks is normally $259.00 for satin silver, satin black, $269.00 for red wrinkle, and $279.00 for full show polish. They are available with an introductory special until this Friday. This increase in pricing is due to the additional costs of the sight glass feature and changing all the fittings & filler neck to billet aluminum. Thanks again for your support.

take care,
-- Chris

Last edited:

If you paid/ordered on The Introductory date/Post, how long is the wait to get one of these units?
Are they on the shelf? In my case the Normal satin finish.

Chris, I spoke to Jeff today about getting a wrinkle red. He said they won't be in until next week at the earliest. I'm local so was going to pick it up myself. Will you honor the intro price until you have the reds in stock or do I need to pre pay by tomorrow and pick it up when it gets in?

Thanks,

Rob

orbusrex said:
Chris, I spoke to Jeff today about getting a wrinkle red. He said they won't be in until next week at the earliest. I'm local so was going to pick it up myself. Will you honor the intro price until you have the reds in stock or do I need to pre pay by tomorrow and pick it up when it gets in?

Thanks,

Rob

hi Rob --

You will need to pre-order by Friday in order to get the discount. Your card will not be charged until it is ready for pick up.

Regards,
-- Chris

len3.8 said:
If you paid/ordered on The Introductory date/Post, how long is the wait to get one of these units?
Are they on the shelf? In my case the Normal satin finish.

Do you mean order tomorrow? We have a couple left on the next batch, but there's no way to know if they will be sold out tomorrow. If you'd like a tank, please let us know. We won't charge you until it ships.

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
Do you mean order tomorrow? We have a couple left on the next batch, but there's no way to know if they will be sold out tomorrow. If you'd like a tank, please let us know. We won't charge you until it ships.

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris, sorry for not being clearer, I ordered through your website on 4/07 the day you posted these.
I was just trying to get an idea of how long it would be before they were shipped.

len3.8 said:
Chris, sorry for not being clearer, I ordered through your website on 4/07 the day you posted these.
I was just trying to get an idea of how long it would be before they were shipped.

Gotcha. You had a silver unit correct? You are on the second batch, which ships on Tuesday.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
-- Chris

DaveG said:
Chris:

Intro price on the tank and free install works for me. Deal.

DaveG

hi Dave -- Please give me a call.

Regards,
-- Chris

No free install for Northern CA? :)

Is the glass strong? The only fear I have is that it might break while driving over a bump.

NRG said:
No free install for Northern CA? :)

Is the glass strong? The only fear I have is that it might break while driving over a bump.

The tube used is a specialized nylon tube. No worries no breaking it.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back