• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

ScienceofSpeed Introduces New Sliding Seat Rails

ScienceofSpeed has developed a new innovative sliding seat rail kit that allows side-mount aftermarket seats to be installed in the NSX. Previously, only narrow seats could be installed into the NSX on sliding rails. These new seat rails allow both wider seats such as the Recaro Pole Position as well as narrower seats such as the Recaro SPG and Sparco REV to be installed.

The Recaro Pole Position is very similar to the Recaro seat used by Honda in the NSX-R and Type-S versions of the NSX in Japan. This seat is now available in black leather in addition to black, red, and blue fabric. The center cushions can be customized in different colors to replicate the NSX-R and Type-S seats. This seat is perhaps one of the most comfortable bucket type seats, and allows larger sized people to fit comfortably in a seat that allows much more support than the factory seat. These rails allow near-carpet level positioning of the seat bottom for maximum headroom clearance.

Anyone attending NSXPO is welcome to view the seats in our car.

After using other rails for several years, our goals in developing the seat rails were as follows:
1. better design - more versatile for larger seats to be installed, easier sliding operation
2. better quality - durable powdercoat finish, ball bearing sliders
3. decreased weight (decreased to 14.2lbs vs. 16.0lbs)
4. ease of installation - no slotting or drilling required for installation, no cutting of factory seat belt retainer required, all-metric better quality hardware used

We were able to accomplish these objectives, however, the more complex design results in a $25.00 difference from existing sliding rails. The quality is far superior with a more durable finish and easy sliding rails. The rails are more complex (each one consists of over 50 pieces) but have a design which allows much easier installation and operation. We are offering a pre-order discount of $40.00 when the rails are purchased as a pair before the ship date (Oct. 15th).

thank you,
-- Chris

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...oducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/sliding_seat_rails/

Recaro Pole Position (black leather):
leatherpoleposition.jpg

ScienceofSpeed Sliding Seat Rail:
seatrailsingle.jpg

Can't wait for them to arrive!
Looks awesome just what the 6'+ 200lbs+ needed.

If anyone was looking into a first hand account with the Pole Position seats... I am about 6'3", 220 lbs, 38 waist size and have been using the Pole Positions for over 6 months now with the SoS sliding rails and could not be more pleased. My observations have been:
-Very comfortable and supportive, even after driving multiple hours on long drives. My mom even got some seat time, and I heard no complaining at all :eek:
-Great clearance between my head and the roof, with my helmet on I still have over an inch clearance.
-Wide range of adjustment; not only do the SoS rails have flawless sliding adjustment front to back, you can also dial in exactly what kind of tilt/height setting for your suitable driving position. I have had the Taitec rails in the past, and the new SoS rail kit is far superior in every way (quality,adjustment,etc).
-And lastly I have found that during spirited driving (track/hard cornering) the Pole Positions have great upper body support, and demonstrate a good amount of rigidity.
All in all, best setup I have ever experienced for my body type in an NSX (other then the real NSX-R/NSX-S seats). Also, If money was not a major limitation I would go for the full leather versions...these are VERY nice!

I hope maybe this helps some of you out there that were wondering how the setup was. :D If anyone has any more questions please feel free to contact us.

SHOCKED.gif

Man those leather ones are sex on a stick! Anyone have pics of those installed on an NSX or pricing?

sjs said:
Thanks Seth. Is there a seat you would recommend as better for someone a bit narrower, say 6'3" 180 with 34 waist, or do you think the PP is still the best choice?

Steve, 34 waist SPG. larger waist PP IMHO having been in both.

sjs said:
Thanks Seth. Is there a seat you would recommend as better for someone a bit narrower, say 6'3" 180 with 34 waist, or do you think the PP is still the best choice?

I still think the Pole Position would be the best bet for your size, especially if you will be seeing seat time often or for long periods. The regular SPG you would probably fit in, but it would be very snug and could get uncomfortable possibly after extended periods of time. Hopefully that helps...Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris and Seth,

How much for both for a pair of the PP and rails? If I order, I would like to have both the seats and rail deliver at the same time

awsomr1 said:
Chris and Seth,

How much for both for a pair of the PP and rails? If I order, I would like to have both the seats and rail deliver at the same time

You can find some information on seat packages here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/seat_packages/

There is a $100.00 discount if a pair of seats and rails are purchased together.

Here would be the pricing (as of 10/5) for a pair of two seats and rails:
Recaro Pole Position (black velour): $1676.00
Recaro Pole Position (red or black velour): $1776.00
Recaro Pole Position (black leather): $2976.00

Cheers,
-- Chris

Hi Chris,

I would like to order them with black fabric with center in red. How long would it take and would the cost be different

Thanks

James

hi James --

We can not order the seats this way from Recaro, however, you could have an interior shop easily recover the center cushions as they are removable. The seats are in stock, so delivery would be right after we return from NSXPO.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
-- Chris

awsomr1 said:
Hi Chris,

I would like to order them with black fabric with center in red. How long would it take and would the cost be different

Thanks

James

Casper91 said:
Chris/Seth,

Sent an e-mail to your shop about seats/rails, steering wheel/harness set up.
Drop me a line when you return from NSXPO.

Just wanted to make sure you had your questions answered. Please give us a ring or drop us a line via e-mail if you have any others.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris, do you received my e-mail ? just confirm me that. Thanks.
Regards,
Paulo

hi Paulo --

Replied to your e-mail yesterday morning. If you have not received it, please let me know.

Cheers,
-- Chris

NSXLUZ said:
Chris, do you received my e-mail ? just confirm me that. Thanks.
Regards,
Paulo

Hi,
Chris

i didn`t receided your answer.
send me it again,please.
[email protected]

Regards

Paulo

Seth@SoS said:
I am about 6'3", 220 lbs, 38 waist size and have been using the Pole Positions for over 6 months now with the SoS sliding rails and could not be more pleased.
Thanks for the info, Seth and Chris. I might actuallt pop for a set of leather PP's, but I want to ride in them first. Maybe a stop in Phoenix is in order this fall/winter.

chrisgearing- UK shouldnt be a problem.. I ordered one for my RHD.

Chris@SOS- what is the status of the rails have they been shipped yet ??

hi guys --

We used measurements off a RHD NSX when developing these rails. So yes, you can install the rails in a RHD NSX.

The seat can be placed to actually rub along the carpeting. I am 6'0" and have the seat placed 1 notch above the lowest setting. I can sit in the seat with my helmet, and there is no contact with the roof liner. The seat can also travel backwards much further than the factory seat.

The next batch ships tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris- did they get shipped yet ??

Are the seatrails street legal?
They look kind of tiny and small. Will they be holding the seat fastened in case of a crash?

What excactly is the height bottom of seat to roof in the lowest setting. Even two people are 6'4", their upper and lower body may be of different lenght.

Thanks.

hi NSXBOX -- let us know how you like them.

The seat rail are designed using fasteners and materials that exceed OEM Honda standards.

I'm sorry, I do not have that measurement. However, using the Recaro Pole Position seat, the base of the seat is less than a quarter inch from the floorpan. This results in an approximate 1.5" headroom gain over stock seats (about the width of your pointer and middle finger if you want to try it in your car while seated).

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back