• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Science of Speed Engine

As some of you are aware, Science of Speed is selling a custom 3.3L engine. If not, check out http://scienceofspeed.com/products/...ScienceofSpeed/custom_engine_package/3.3L_NA/.
All I want to know is does it make sense to put this engine into a 3.2L NSX and add a Comptec Supercharger to give it a extra boost or just to stay with the 3.2L engine currently in the car and add the Comptec Supercharger. I would appreciate any help on this.

This package is designed to be naturally aspirated. The pistons used are 11:1 compression ratio which would not be very compatible with the supercharger. Those who do engine mods in conjunction with forced induction normally reduce the compression ratio from the original 10.2:1 to perhaps 9.5:1. With this setup they can run higher boost levels without detonation yielding more power. The comptech unit is designed to run on the stock bottom end at 6psi of boost. Best of luck to you!

As noted, the engine package is designed for natural aspiration. It could be built for forced induction, however, with the Comptech Supercharger, your factory block will be sufficient. There are ways instead of improving the fuel and engine management for more power. I'd suggest contacting Shane @ Autowave (Tele: 714-841-2433) if you are in the Southern Cal area. They are doing impressive things with the CTSC.

best of luck,
-- Chris

Ick gad. Read the description on the SoS web site. If you don't know what a340+rwhp engine will do, you're hopeless. :rolleyes:

Back