Saw the 04 TL today!

The car is sharp in print, but even better in person! It is weird to see Honda's actually coming stock with big rims now. It should be a great seller. I like where Honda is going with their styling on the 4 doors.

I saw it on 10 between Phoenix and Tuscon.

Last edited:
I like the new TL styling as well. Finally a more aggressive and appealing exterior and interior styling from Acura. Now if they only make a RWD sedan...

I stopped by Hoehn Acura in Carlsbad today for a couple of NSX parts. Talking to a salesperson before I walked in, I was offered the chance to head to the back and see a few 04 TLs that they had in stock before the official sell day.

It looks so much better in person!! NICE!!! :eek: The first pics I saw left me a bit unmoved. After a while, I started to like it. Seeing it right in front, you realize it's definitely bigger than the TSX. Interior looks to have a bit more rear leg room than my UA4 99 TL. I can't wait until the blue 6-speed comes. (December? January? I dunno. :( )

-Randy

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Im waiting for the 6 speed ...just hope the delay wont be too long.
The salesperson I talked to mentioned perhaps even January. I wouldn't really know. Acura seems to keep pushing the date back. I had originally heard November, then December. :(

I too saw the new TL yesterday. I tried to place a deposit but they do not accept deposits. First come, first serve. (Cush Acura KM/SD).

The guy I talked to knew more about the TL than I expected! It's good to see Acura sales reps getting more knowledge and training on their new cars.

While I sat in the car in the showroom, I turned it on (not the engine) and just played with the accessories. All of the sudden, the car started ringing and the MID showed callerID information! It was awesome! The salesperson was across the building... it was hillarious. I should have answered the phone.

The interior lighting is nice. Especially the LED display. Much nicer than the Accord or TSX. The blue guage "stakes" look mean when you open the door. The overhead panel is the nicest I've seen. The moonroof controls are now located near the HomeLink buttons right next to the moonroof. That whole section is very nicely designed.

He also showed me how the low/hi-beam HID worked. Very nice.

The engine compartment is well packaged. The strut tower brace is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked him for the release date of the 6speed, HPT and A-Spec packages.. He said 6-speeds were estimated for November release... but who really knows except American Honda.

I too want the Abyss Blue Pearl with Quartz interior. I'm waiting for his call back!!!

I got an invite on nice stationery from my local Acura dealer yesterday. The envelope stated "you are invited to a 270-hp party." I'm thinking "dammit, they've lowered the hp back to 270 for the new NSX?!?" Turns out it's for the new TL.

Even the Odessy has 240 hp. The clock is ticking, Acura.....

Back