Sat May 6th is 1st Sat Seattle People

Just tossing that out there....same location, same time?

Brian, is the beast ready yet? John, if you're reading this, get back to work!

So far so good... JohnZ is is furiously ripping apart my engine to install the new CTSC. I have to say, the attention to detail and quality of the kit is really impressive. I just hope it runs as good as it looks. I'll keep you updated - I hope to make it on Sat.

-Brian

ummm, Brian, seems you should sign up a track day in May... it'll be about time to break it in :biggrin: .

I'm still debating if I should go with Alfa club or Speedware... either one, I have to pretend sick at work ... shhhh......

After couple times having the rear end sliding out of turn 2, I'm thinking of getting the non compliance bits...

Regarding the Sat. meet, aren't you guys talking about different location and different time?? As usual, I'm working and won't be able to make it.... Have fun, guys.

NSXDreamer2 said:
ummm, Brian, seems you should sign up a track day in May... it'll be about time to break it in :biggrin: .

Ferrand, you've created a monster with your constant prodding about track days... ;-) For May, I'll be at Proformance on the 9th, BMW in Portland on the 19 and Alfa on the 24th.:cool:

wooh, talking about catching up...... with that rate, you will catch up soon... looking forward when you graduated to A group.

ummm... 6 more days for John completing your car... Now with the added hp, I'm starting to worry wether the Kumho tires would be able to handle it. (you run Kumho MX right?) Maybe some Falken 615 or Goodyear F1??

NSXDreamer2 said:
wooh, talking about catching up...... with that rate, you will catch up soon... looking forward when you graduated to A group.

ummm... 6 more days for John completing your car... Now with the added hp, I'm starting to worry wether the Kumho tires would be able to handle it. (you run Kumho MX right?) Maybe some Falken 615 or Goodyear F1??
Yeah, my goal is to do 10 track days this season and right now driving conservatively (lifting in 3 places, early braking, etc) I am running 1:47s consistently. I'm also setting up a new video config so maybe I can get you to check it out sometime.
About the Kuhmos I was pretty happy with them on the car in its current configuration. I wanted to talk to you about tires and such, you're not gonna be able to make it to the meet? You gonna be free at all this weekend?

I ran the last proformance day last week at Pacific with the Kuhmo V700's- and had a rather difficult time relative to even a street tire like the T1's I ran on for Alfa day the week before. I suspect it was simply because they were pretty spent before I even showed up that day.. as I was trying to stretch just one more track event off the set they were not insirping a lot of confidence for me the whole day. None of the instructors like Dan seemed to like the V700's so I'm going to go to the RA1's or a higher performance street tire like the S03 for the rest of the summer.

I should be free Sunday afternoon after work. Give me a call...

1:47 huh? If it's a consistent lap time, I believed you are faster than me when I had the Kumho then. (but I didn't have any suspension mod back then) If you drove it comfortably at that lap time, I believed you should be in B/intermediate group and maybe about time to get some RA1.

With full tread, the RA1 will not be at full potential for at least couple days. But then I never had any experience driving 17/18 RA1 on track. and it's considerably more expensive than the 15/16.

RT615 sounds like a good tire for you if you decided the R compound is still a little early for you.

Regarding John's comment of comparing street tire to V700, I haven't seen anyone "willing" to drive on street tires after they had tried R compound or racing slicks. Unless in the rare case that they wanted the less performing tires to their specific driving skills education.

Oh wait, you mean the V700 is not even perform as good as T1S? It shouldn't be, but I have heard that they overheat easy on track as it's really designed as autoX tires.

Can't make it...gonna put on my type-r front sway and re-enforcement bar Sat. morning. It's been sitting in my garage too damn long. Now, if my tires would just show up tomorrow, I could have everything done for a bit.

It's been a while since I've attended a lunch at the claim jumper due to work, I have always agreed with Ferran as why we don't meet on a Saturday night (after 7pm) or on a Sunday every other month. I'm sure there are several NSX owners that can not make the lunch due to work or day commitments. I have since moved to Mercedes-Benz Sales in Bellevue, so if anybody is interested in any of the vehicles (i.e. - AMG cars, the new GL450, or anything else just give me a call at work 425-637-5562).

Let's get some night time meetings and get a few more cars together, even some night drives. I am starting to plan the 2006 Mt. Baker drive (tentative date of August 19th - Saturday), with the possibilities of inviting the Ferrari, Porsche, BMW Clubs. After the last 2 years with the S2000 Club and there "need for speed", may just have to leave them out this year. Plus, a few of them and their friends that made the drive couldn't pay the $7.00 donation for the use of the day lodge. This drive should not be a race, but more of a tour through the back roads to Mt. Baker. If anybody wants to make this drive a race or some high speed rally...TAKE IT TO THE TRACK! While I don't mind driving fast, there are several driver's that don't and several driver's that can't.

NSX track date, since we probably would not have enough NSX's to book the track exclusively.
Would love to see several NSXs at one date, either Pacific Raceways or Portland.

Always open to ideas, let me know...

Dean.:cool:

Last edited:
Dean, thanks for organizing the Mt.Baker event, yeah, it'll be fun to have other makes of cars group tag along too.

nsx track day... Now that we have Brian being the regular there, John showing up track day from time to time, maybe we should start posting up coming track day events and find the right track day for everyone.

There were a few guys had ran their nsx at the track before, so they might want to tag along if we are going together.

With a little planning, we should be able to pull at least 7-10 nsx. That will be real Cool.

As to Saturady night meet, we had a pretty good turn out last time at the Kart Track. Dean, since more people know you at the Claim Jumper Mailing list, would you please ask them what they think of different location and time for meet??

I'd love to see more NSXes at the track. Certain clubs allow ride alongs with more experienced drivers so Ferrand and I should be able to take people out. I think a few laps would be exciting to lots of the NSX owners - maybe even get more people interested. I am down for a sat evening 7-8 meet, esp now that it'll still be light out.

Also, this last weekend meet - it was so cool, this random bone stock black 91 NSX pulled in and parked. Nobody knew who it was. Then this older woman gets out of the car and comes over. She introduces herself as Judy and says she was just out running some errands and happened to see a few NSXes at CJ. Turns out, she has owned the car since she bought it off the show room floor in 91 and has put 71k miles on the car. She had a custom lic plate frame that was like :heart: NSX :heart: on the top and the name of her nanny business on the bottom. I was totally blown away, I would have never expected it. She was really nice and definitely an enthusiast - the NSX appeals to many. It was fun!

I'm open for whatever...evenings would probably be better, since in the morning on Saturdays I try to get things done. I was able to get my new tires and rims put on, but still no sway bar...so that'll be next weekend.

I also blew a gasket in my ABS pump at the last autoX, so that's going in for service with John this week...and timing belt to follow. So hopefully by next month I'll be all set to show up for one of these, but lets try a different time?

Hi Dean,
Good to hear from you again. I am in for the "Mt. Baker" touring run, hopefully with different X...

Dan

NSX-D said:
It's been a while since I've attended a lunch at the claim jumper due to work, I have always agreed with Ferran as why we don't meet on a Saturday night (after 7pm) or on a Sunday every other month. I'm sure there are several NSX owners that can not make the lunch due to work or day commitments. I have since moved to Mercedes-Benz Sales in Bellevue, so if anybody is interested in any of the vehicles (i.e. - AMG cars, the new GL450, or anything else just give me a call at work 425-637-5562).

Let's get some night time meetings and get a few more cars together, even some night drives. I am starting to plan the 2006 Mt. Baker drive (tentative date of August 19th - Saturday), with the possibilities of inviting the Ferrari, Porsche, BMW Clubs. After the last 2 years with the S2000 Club and there "need for speed", may just have to leave them out this year. Plus, a few of them and their friends that made the drive couldn't pay the $7.00 donation for the use of the day lodge. This drive should not be a race, but more of a tour through the back roads to Mt. Baker. If anybody wants to make this drive a race or some high speed rally...TAKE IT TO THE TRACK! While I don't mind driving fast, there are several driver's that don't and several driver's that can't.

NSX track date, since we probably would not have enough NSX's to book the track exclusively.
Would love to see several NSXs at one date, either Pacific Raceways or Portland.

Always open to ideas, let me know...

Dean.:cool:

talk about giving ride, my nsx is more like a PR taxi at track days... When I attended Proformance, I really not that used to noone sitting beside me and the car always seem to handle a little differently without passenger.

Speaking of John, any update on his shop opening?? Somehow we must drag him out to the track (perferably rainy days) So that he can stop giving me hard time crusing 90+ on I5 in rain. :tongue:

Maybe the 3rd weekend of every month? (sat evening), at restaurants or coffee shop that have lots of parking available. Seems like that the most of the people who're looking for a change are more frequent on this forum. so maybe we can change location monthly? activities like coffee or dinner at different restaurants, short group drives (3.54per gallon today) :frown: or even indoor go karts.
I know that Florence really want to keep the first Sat meet alive. some members seems to got into a habit of attending for that meet only (hell, it's the only one we have on regular basis!), and just like Brian said, you never know who's gonna show up at that meet.

Back