Samsung GS4

Like to get people's opinion... If I own a GS3 is it really worth the money to upgrade to the GS4? It seems the only noteworthy upgrades of use to me are the quad core processor and memory....

Like I told my friend, unless your gs3 is too slow or too small, I would stick with it.

I really don't see anything exciting to upgrade for. I'd like to hear why people are upgrading from a 3 to a 4 as well, feature wise.

From what I read it just sounds like upgraded guts, which doesn't do much for me personally.

I've played with the GS3, and the Note II, and the interface is still atrocious with that horrible Samsung skin they put on top of AOSP Android. The scrolling lag is minor, but overbearing at the same time.

The HTC One, on the other hand, has me drooling. If it had a Razr-Maxx like battery, LTE, and was on Verizon, I would be all over it.

I really don't see anything exciting to upgrade for. I'd like to hear why people are upgrading from a 3 to a 4 as well, feature wise.

From what I read it just sounds like upgraded guts, which doesn't do much for me personally.

I've played with the GS3, and the Note II, and the interface is still atrocious with that horrible Samsung skin they put on top of AOSP Android. The scrolling lag is minor, but overbearing at the same time.

The HTC One, on the other hand, has me drooling. If it had a Razr-Maxx like battery, LTE, and was on Verizon, I would be all over it.

There's very minor lag except for immediately after you clear the ram of temporary files etc... I've been hearing really good things about the HTC One X in terms performance but I was also told that HTC build quality and reliability wasn't that great. The part regarding the battery would definitely be attractive... The GS3 has to be charged at least once before the days end for me as I use it for work and often do a lot of my email on it. I believe the GS4 is getting a battery upgrade too but not sure...

I'm actually more excited for the 1080p screen than anything else. Trust me, you can tell the difference. The HTC One, no expandable storage and removable battery is a no go for me. I like having to just swap batteries after the end of my work shift and not be tethered to a wall.

HTC is also having some quality control issues with the ONE which is very typical of HTC. Cameras having pink dots, screens with clusters of dead pixels, non uniform gaps on the body, sensitively problems with the capacitive buttons etc. There are many people on xda-developers that have 3 replaces and each one actually got worse.

It seems to me, major phone version changes are around every 3 years.
The in-between yearly changes are minor revisions to make people off-cycle people feel okay about an older gen phone.
IMO, the S4 is the same Gen phone as the S3, but with a faster processor. If you have the S3, I would wait IMO.

it seems to me, major phone version changes are around every 3 years.
The in-between yearly changes are minor revisions to make people off-cycle people feel okay about an older gen phone.
Imo, the s4 is the same gen phone as the s3, but with a faster processor. If you have the s3, i would wait imo.

agreed.

Back