salvaged title nsx?? whats it worth

"why never sell it?"

Because 90+% of all NSX buyers will not consider it.

Value, as well as actual integrity will always be in question.

Price? IMHO
1/2 of what similar year/miles a currently selling for. Call your insurance company and see if they even insure NSX's and if they will insure a salvage titled car. Find out exactly what happened to the car and get pics, details and cost of repairs (for now and if you ever decide to sell it). If he doesn't have anything to back up the gate fiasco or says it was not a big deal and trys to brush it under the rug, then run........just like forrest gump

In California, repairs need to excede 85% of their value before they are salvaged (not seeing what state you are in - YMMV). KBB Values a 2002 with 60k at 48-56 thousand (as much as people don't like KBB, it comes into play when trying to determine values for replacement purposes). That being said, the damages would have fallen between 40-47.6 thousand dollars. I'm not sure how big that gate was or how intoxicated he may have been, nor do I want to know.

No one ever plans on selling their cars. Put yourself a few years down the road and you'll get asked the same questions everyone is telling you to ask this guy and you'll need pics, details, etc. If you don't have that info, you may have to keep it for longer than expected or decide not the buy at this point.

Dealership rule. 1/2 of the retail price!!!

see if you can find pics from insurance or seller of damage before the fix. If thats not possible than its anyones guess at the extent of the repair. My car does not have a salvage title but the seller told me that it had been rear ended. Upon closer inspection I found that the front bumper had been bondo repaired. Personaly I would not buy a salvaged title, but if your going to keep the car for ever or make it into a track car than salvaged title doesn't mean a thing. JMHO

because if you buy the car back from the insurance you keep your clean title.
when the insurance total the car ant take it they will put it on auction and order a salvage title

in California, if you buy it from the Insurance Co it will have the Salvage title...as long as there was a payoff on the car.

speaking from experience.

Back