Salvage NSX

:eek: Wow, I hate to see this happen to any car, especially a NSX. Do you have the VIN #? I'm sure we'll see it on Ebay with a clean title within a few months!! :p
- Z

mikec said:
wow... hard to believe the airbag didn't go off.

The car does not look like it was hit in the front. Most airbags are designed to go off only in a frontal collision.
All the damage on the drivers side is due to the fire dept. and the jaws of life. I would have to see the car in person, but from the picture there really is not a lot of damage. Its hard to tell if there is damage to the suspension or not. Also was the passengers door ripped off and the door pillar is all torn up or was the door unbolted. For the right price this car could be a moderate rebuild if it were not made from aluminum.

oh, that is a sad sight. :(
anyone know what happened to it? Looks like a tree fell on it. :(
i'd buy one of the seats: convert it for use in my lounge. :D

<B>NSX FoYoAss</B> : rofl... yeah, maybe... along with Vanilla Ice / ICE-T / MYNSX photos which everyone uses on eBay. ;)

looks like a jackie chan stunt car......something huge and round made hard impact with the targa top.....:D

POWERED by HONDA said:
Looks like Eddie Whitman's old car. If it is, this car has been rebuilt and is currently being driven by someone.

I thought Eddie had a red NSX-T.....what happened to him and his car?

It's not listed in either of their next two auctions so it's probably gone already. Might be worth a call to get the VIN.

Edit: Nope, still there and not yet scheduled for auction. They are not willing to give out the VIN until it is scheduled for auction. Apparently they are still waiting on title issues etc.

sjs said:
It's not listed in either of their next two auctions so it's probably gone already. Might be worth a call to get the VIN.

Edit: Nope, still there and not yet scheduled for auction. They are not willing to give out the VIN until it is scheduled for auction. Apparently they are still waiting on title issues etc.

So they don't want the vin associated with the car in its current condition. I bet they are hoping for a clean title to be returned.

I just emailed the branch manager at that auction in Springfield. (It helps to be an insurance adjuster.) He gave me the stock number and this link for the car with all the info. The only bad part, is that there is only a partial VIN listed at this time. He wouldn't give me the entire VIN. Sorry guys, I tried.

http://www2.iaai-bid.com/veh_detail.asp?auctionid=0&itemid=2465854

The VIN on Eddie's old silver 2000 is JH4NA2167YT000166 and this matches the check digit listed by Springfield for the car in question. A few seconds in Excel is all it takes to see that the only other serial numbers that would match that check digit are:

So we have a pool of no more than 8 possible serial numbers. How many of those 8 cars are likely to be Silver and have a Comptech supecharger, Tecnomagnesio wheels and an aftermarket stereo like Eddie's old car?

If it is Eddie's old car, I guess it's been seriously totalled again. Here's the thread discussing Eddie's old car the last time it was offered for sale after being rebuilt: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4039

Wow, so it most likely is the same car. Didn't occur to me that it might have been re-totaled. Rough life!

Good work Lud!

Ha, ha, the link to Presitge is still active with a picture of the car and a date of March '03. At that time the price was $62,995. It is also listed in the Previous Inventory section at that price.

steveny said:
So they don't want the vin associated with the car in its current condition. I bet they are hoping for a clean title to be returned.

I'm not sure that's the reason. Anyone buying the car at auction will do so fully aware of the condition and know all about washing titles, so they aren't fooling anybody. Not that I have a better explanation, but people make up all kinds of rules and policies.

It would be interesting to see what the current CarFax looks like for Eddie's car.

Back