S2000 Used Values....

I know many on NSX Prime own or once owned a S2000.

My friend is looking at them and he's located a used S2000. It looks clean and it does have low mileage (11K). Assuming it's really clean and mechanically perfect what would be a good deal?

Thanks in advance.

-Jim

Just sold my '01....Used s2k are starting to saturate the market so he should be able to get a good deal on one. What year is it? I would head over to www.s2ki.com and look at the for sale section. That should give you guys a good idea on what they go for nowadays.

It's a silver/black 2000 model. I was thinking with that relatively low mileage 20K-21K might be a good price if it's clean.

-J

Buy in the winter

I too am looking for an S2000 to go with the NSX. Prices for pre 2002 S2000's are pretty low compared to new. 2002+ had many improvements and cost more. Check out www.s2ki.com. I've been looking at some 2002 2ks and asking is around $24-$25K, which means the deal will probably close at $20-$23K. Mileage was lower than 30,000. For an early model you should be able to get into the low $20K range (or even lower depending on sellers situation). Once piece of advice is buy during the winter. S2ks don't sell well in the winter and buyers lower their prices. As summer months come on, the prices go up and hold. If you don't buy during the winter, then wait during the summer and buy the next winter. California is a good place to get S2000's for a good price - they are almost as common as the Civic out here now.

For those who have owned a S2000, how did you like it? The prices seem really cheap for the used ones mentioned in this thread.

Maybe I'm not looking at the the value correctly, but it just seems that these cool cars are pretty dirt cheap, especially when compared to the NSX.

Back