S. Fl. Turbo -group buy!

Any south florida NSXrs interested in a group buy as beta testers for turbos!
I will get in touch with Lee at Cybernation, if there is enough interest!!!
send me your names, email's, phone numbers - i can be reached at :

[email protected]

Thanks,
ernest

If that would've come about 9 mos ago I would be all over it. As it is I'm VERY happy with my BBSC
smile.gif

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Think of it like a high end PC, which requires continual upgrades to stay at the cutting/bleeding edge - yesterday's CPU/FI solutions are now obsolete...

Originally posted by Dr. Gums:
Any south florida NSXrs interested in a group buy as beta testers for turbos!
I will get in touch with Lee at Cybernation, Thanks,
ernest

wasn't Cybernation the people that couldn't tune Ben turbo nsx? if so i would be alittle scary of them doing the work
having said that i have never been to the shop or meet Lee

Originally posted by Number9:
Think of it like a high end PC, which requires continual upgrades to stay at the cutting/bleeding edge - yesterday's CPU/FI solutions are now obsolete...

So, does that mean you're ready for a 15lb kit??
wink.gif
- you really should have made the meet last Sat. I thought your car was awesome (it is!) but pales next to Gerry J's 500 horser. It's all relative.
Now one of our Bay Area SC'ers is talking about 20lbs TC for his - your PC analogy is perfect! Where does it end?
BETA is an interesting term, often used a little too loosely. In my industry, (semiconductor fabrication equipment)& most others Alpha is in-house prototype & BETA is initial external validation (not development) before general sale. From what I've seen some FI products have not really passed BETA before being released for general sale.
I can't speak for Cybernation, but as far as Performance Autoworx goes, I would have no doubts about their program - would consider it ready to go - I think Turbo's might seriously displace Comptechs as the De Facto std in FI for NSX in the very near future.
p.s. Is Cybernation actually offering a turbo beta program? It appears from the original post that Dr Gums is looking for support of numbers to approach Cybernation for such a program

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 11 October 2002).]

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
So, does that mean you're ready for a 15lb kit??
wink.gif
- you really should have made the meet last Sat. I thought your car was awesome (it is!) but pales next to Gerry J's 500 horser. It's all relative.
Now one of our Bay Area SC'ers is talking about 20lbs TC for his - your PC analogy is perfect! Where does it end?
BETA is an interesting term, often used a little too loosely. In my industry, (semiconductor fabrication equipment)& most others Alpha is in-house prototype & BETA is initial external validation (not development) before general sale. From what I've seen some FI products have not really passed BETA before being released for general sale.
I can't speak for Cybernation, but as far as Performance Autoworx goes, I would have no doubts about their program - would consider it ready to go - I think Turbo's might seriously displace Comptechs as the De Facto std in FI for NSX in the very near future.
p.s. Is Cybernation actually offering a turbo beta program? It appears from the original post that Dr Gums is looking for support of numbers to approach Cybernation for such a program

Hi Ken!

Yep, need another round of upgrades. Thanks for helping me with the M3. I'll get it back next week with the built bottom end and the 3.2 which should be good for around 350 RWHP. Per your suggestion, the NSX does need to visit with Gerry when the M3 is back!

Originally posted by Number9:
Hi Ken!

......when the M3 is back!

Ted, does that mean the Zanardi is the daily driver right now??
biggrin.gif

I'm probably going over there (Modesto)next week - wanna tag?

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 11 October 2002).]

Until you have several people with different mods, different years, different experiences, and a LOT of track weekends - I would consider all of these BETA at best.

Will any vendors replace your engine after a FI application goes bad?

How many miles have they logged on it?

Have they tested it in the mountains, in the desert, in the upper north, in the humid south?

Have they flogged the crap out of it at the track and torn it apart to look and analyze what happened to the engine? Do they have the material testing equipment to know?

If the answer is no - you are in Beta at best.

Not to say that you (or I) are not buyers and very interested - just that nobody is saying the obvious. That less then .01% of the development time that went into producing the engine goes into any FI kit and you are assuming some level of significant risk that the thing might blow your car up early or suddenly and you can expect no help from the vendor (although some might offer help).

So if all of this is enticing to you and you are willing to let someone use your car for testing and additional risk - great - step up to the plate - your HP is waiting...

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

One thing I can say about Cybernations. They DON'T understand the concepts of returning emails. Will not do any business with them for sure.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
Ted, does that mean the Zanardi is the daily driver right now??
biggrin.gif

I'm probably going over there (Modesto)next week - wanna tag?

Yep, it's the commuter car for the moment. Weird thing is, after driving it regularly, it's starting to feel slow. Looks like the go-fast crack has snagged another victim. So when are you headed over to Modesto? If late in the week, I would be interested.

Originally posted by smoore:
wasn't Cybernation the people that couldn't tune Ben turbo nsx? if so i would be alittle scary of them doing the work
having said that i have never been to the shop or meet Lee

smoore,
Yes, it was Cybernation Motorsports of Ft. Lauderdale who were unable to "tune" Ben's NSX. Unfortunately for Ben, his car ran MUCH better before it ever went to Cybernation. After failing to get his car running properly the first time, they shipped it back to their shop, from Missouri, and spent another MONTH trying to tune it. I drove Ben to Cybernation to pick up his car both times and each time I was amazed at the lack of professionalism. Lee and the guys at Cybernation are very nice and certainly personable. However, those qualities are no substitute for professionalism. Heck, they even managed to lose his gas cap the second time around! Sadly, I don't see any reason to do business with them. It sure would have been nice to have a quality vendor in the sunshine state.

Back