Rocky Mountain NSX!

Anyone familiar with this NSX?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=1&cardist=817

Also any Colorado owners here or Owners that experience a lot of snow? Some advice about their rides in the Mile High State or snowy condition states. Any problem or troubles. If everything is gravy I might drive it back to California. Thanks guys.

R.I.P. Darrent Williams

I lived in colorado for about 4 years. Of those 4 years, the last 3-4 months there I had my nsx there. The only problem I had in colorado was the constant afternoon rain everyday during the summertime. The WORST problem that bothered me the most was how there was sand and small rocks on the road everywhere, every single day of the year. It really rock chipped my car to death and I only went one ONE long 400 mile group drive one day out in the mountains. This was in the summertime and it peppered me up pretty baddly.

About the snow, I can only speak for colorado springs. For that area, it'd only snow a few days a year. I'd say 10 tens days or so a year. Of those 10 days or so, there would be 2-3 times it would snow and the snow would stick to the roads for more than one day. Generally it'd snow one day and the next day it's pretty much almost all gone.

Oh and that link doesn't work.

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this 2000 Acura NSX (JH4NA2163YT000231) show no significant Title events. When found, events often indicate past automotive damage or warnings associated with the vehicle title.

Problems Checked Results Found
Abandoned No Abandoned Record Reported to AutoCheck
Damaged No Damaged Record Reported to AutoCheck
Fire Damage No Fire Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck
Grey Market No Grey Market Record Reported to AutoCheck
Hail Damage No Hail Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck
Insurance Loss No Insurance Loss Record Reported to AutoCheck
Junk No Junk Record Reported to AutoCheck
Rebuilt/Rebuildable No Rebuilt/Rebuildable Record Reported to AutoCheck
Salvage No Salvage Record Reported to AutoCheck

Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck | Vehicle Information | Full History

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this 2000 Acura NSX (JH4NA2163YT000231) shows no historical events that indicate a significant automotive problem. These problems can indicate previous car damage, theft, or other significant problem.

NHTSA Crash Test Vehicle No NHTSA Crash Test Record Reported to AutoCheck
Frame Damage No Frame Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck
Major Damage Incident No Major Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck
Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon No Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon Record Reported to AutoCheck
Odometer Problem No Odometer Problem Record Reported to AutoCheck
Recycled No Recycled Record Reported to AutoCheck
Salvage Auction No Salvage Auction Record Reported to AutoCheck
Water Damage No Water Damage Record Reported to AutoCheck

Vehicle Description | TitleCheck | ProblemCheck | OdometerCheck | Vehicle Information | Full History

Your Vehicle Checks Out! For this 2000 Acura NSX (JH4NA2163YT000231) no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. We calculate odometer rollbacks by using AutoCheck business rules to determine reported odometer readings are less than a previously reported value. Other odometer events can report events of tampering, or possible odometer breakage. AutoCheck's business rules have been created and refined to help identify potential rollbacks from the reported odometer readings. Not all odometer readings are used to determine rollbacks.

Report Date: 11/03/2006
Date Reported Odometer Reading
09/18/2000 41
12/11/2001 16,027
12/20/2001 16,095
03/19/2004 28,112
09/29/2004 30,701
02/22/2006 49,322
03/01/2006 49,593
04/05/2006 50,094
05/02/2006 50,839
05/16/2006 51,247
09/12/2006 51,416

Information Found! AutoCheck found additional information on this vehicle. These records will provide you with more past history for this 2000 Acura NSX (JH4NA2163YT000231).

Accident Data No Accidents Reported Through State Agencies Or Independent Sources
Corrected Title No Corrected Title Record Reported to AutoCheck
Driver Education No Driver Education Record Reported to AutoCheck
Duplicate Title No Duplicate Title Record Reported to AutoCheck
Emission/Safety Inspection Emission/Safety Inspection Record(s) Reported to AutoCheck
Fire Damage Incident No Fire Damage Incident Record Reported to AutoCheck
Lease Lease Record(s) Reported to AutoCheck
Lien Lien Record(s) Reported to AutoCheck
Livery Use No Livery Use Record Reported to AutoCheck
Government Use No Government Use Record Reported to AutoCheck
Police Use No Police Use Record Reported to AutoCheck
Fleet No Fleet Record Reported to AutoCheck
Fleet and/or Rental No Fleet and/or Rental Record Reported to AutoCheck
Rental No Rental Record Reported to AutoCheck
Fleet and/or Lease No Fleet and/or Lease Record Reported to AutoCheck
Repossessed No Repossessed Record Reported to AutoCheck
Storm Area Registration/Title No Storm Area Registration/Title Indicated
Taxi Use No Taxi Use Record Reported to AutoCheck
Theft No Theft Record Reported to AutoCheck

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date: 11/03/2006
VIN: JH4NA2163YT000231 2000 Acura NSX

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
09/18/2000 CA 41 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
10/30/2000 NEWBURY PARK, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL (Leased Vehicle)
11/01/2000 CYPRESS, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Leased Vehicle) (Lien Reported)
12/11/2001 CA 16,027 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
12/20/2001 CA 16,095 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
02/11/2002 ORANGE, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL (Leased Vehicle)
02/22/2002 CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Lien Reported)
03/19/2004 CA 28,112 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
09/29/2004 LAGUNA BEACH, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/29/2004 CA 30,701 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
10/09/2004 LAGUNA BEACH, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
02/22/2006 CA 49,322 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
03/01/2006 PACIFIC SW REGION 49,593 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
04/05/2006 PACIFIC SW REGION 50,094 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
05/02/2006 PACIFIC SW REGION 50,839 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
05/16/2006 DESERT SOUTHWEST REGION 51,247 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS DEALER VEHICLE
07/21/2006 CO Motor Vehicle Dept. PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
09/12/2006 AURORA, CO 51,416 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:10T265460)
09/12/2006 AURORA, CO Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

According to the Carfax. The Carwas in CO not that long correct? Just 6 Months. Anything else you guys see?

Hmmm, it's not a colorado car and based off the carfax, had almost no miles put on it here. Someone's been zipping around in it though if you look at the carfax miles and photo miles.

I think Massa Auto Sales is a pawn shop. I think I recall "Massa auto pawn" and the likes on tv when I lived there.

All you can really do is have one of the Colorado folks go check it out for you. "My1stnsx" lives in denver, pm him and ask to see if he can check it out for ya.

Price is awefully low though. It is said to be "priced low to sell quick" but who knows.... Car's worth a few thousand more than that i think.

I will check it out for you if you are really serious about buying one. Meaning you have the cash in hand or loan approved.

If not, I'm kind of busy with the restaurant.

I buy and sell cars sometimes so I know how to inspect cars. Price is not low considering it is hard to sell a car like this in Denver.

I have a family member, that lives there, but he's with me here in California. I just wanted to save the trouble if My1stNSX has seen it and knows something I need to know.

For the people in CO, when will you think the weather will subside, so if I do choose this one I can drive it out westward!

Thanks for all the help fellow prime members!

Can ne one in CO, take a look at this car? My1STNSX says the exterior is very poor so I really don't like that. But how about the ride quality and motoring and tranny?

My Friend isn't going back for a while.

And how is the weather in CO?

Thanks guys!

I could look at the car for you, but it will not be for a couple of days. We recently got some more snow. Did Tuan drive the car when he looked at it?

I dont think he did. He just looked at the body I think.

But that'll be great if you can take a look and drive it.

My biggest concern is the motor and tranny, and of course if the exterior is real bad, ugh.

I greatly appreciate it, and if i end up getting it, ill treat all the NSX'ers in CO to Thai Food and Stick-E! :biggrin:

Thanks Again!

I just got off the phone with Bill, driving the is going to be a problem. The car is stored inside in the showroom. Are you Brent?

Man did they say you can take it out some other time.

Making me nervous that no one has been in this car while running.

Thanks though, let me know what happens, im craving for some Colorady Thai Food! :wink:

The link to auto trader says this:

This 2000 Acura NSX 2dr T Coupe features a 3.2L V6 PFI DOHC 24V 6 cyl Gasoline engine. It is equipped with a 6 speed manual transmission. The vehicle is Black with a Blue Leather interior. It is offered As-Is, not covered by a warranty. Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Power Locks, Leather Steering Wheel, Power Drivers Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, ABS Brakes, AM-FM, Cassette, Wheels, Leather Interior Surface - Contact SALEEM- RICK for more information. Toll-Free: 866-330-3645 Phone: 847-221-5000 or Email: [email protected] FAX: 847-221-5055

Exotic-motors.com is

Address: 511 S.Vermont St.
Palatine, IL 60067

Toll free: 866-330-3645
Local: 847-221-5000
Fax: 847-221-5055

Has this poor NSX taken another hike across the country?

Furthermore, looking at their inventory I find the car, and can link to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300086166688

I'm not sure, but my inclination would be not to walk away from this one, but rather -- RUN!

Exotic-motors.com is

511 S.Vermont St.
Palatine, IL 60067
I pulled up a map to see where/how far I'd have to go to take a look at it and noticed the same thing (dealership's addy not in CO). I'm confused.

KoolAid said:
That's crazy because Colorado is where I saw ALOT more upper tier cars on a regular basis than anywhere. I think it had alot to do with the super low cost of living vs higher than average household income.
Strange, I figured the opposite (higher cost of living = more exotics)...which is true at least in extreme examples (USA vs. 3rd world country). I saw more exotics in the bay area the three months I lived in Sunnyvale than I've seen living in Colorado for 28 years. I figured there were more in CA because of a difference in sticker shock effect (from difference in cost of living). $100k for a car vs $800k for a house (CA) is much different than $100k for a car vs. $200k for a house.

Strange, I figured the opposite (higher cost of living = more exotics)...which is true at least in extreme examples (USA vs. 3rd world country). I saw more exotics in the bay area the three months I lived in Sunnyvale than I've seen living in Colorado for 28 years. I figured there were more in CA because of a difference in sticker shock effect (from difference in cost of living). $100k for a car vs $800k for a house (CA) is much different than $100k for a car vs. $200k for a house.

Wow, I just noticed this thread. Yeah, you will notice more EXOTICS here in california but exotics are still rare. What I noticed was more new(er) cars like Audi's, BMWs, and Benz as regular daily drivers in colorado springs versus the central valley where I live. I don't think it's sticker shock, but rather that it's easier to AFFORD an expensive car when you're spending $200k on a home instead of $800k. I feel there is atleast equal if not more money to be made in colorado versus california too. So if you make the same money, and have more free, you'd be willing to spend bigger money on luxuries.

Back