River Run 2004 - Photos and Thanks!

jadkar said:
Bailey,

I really want to check those out. I have FTP access set up on my server. I'll create a user name for you. You can FTP them directly to me. If your not familiar with FTP I can show you how to do it from DOS or I can email you a GUI FTP client. Let me know.

In the meantime I will PM you a user name that you can use :):)

Thanks,
John

Ok just call me and talk me thru it when your ready.

End of the River Run Era - Anecdotes...

RSO 34 said:
What a great day and turnout for the Final River Run. 32 NSX's showed up and thanks to the Gallos and The Don, everyone had a great time. Too bad the Gallos will be moving to Colorado because this is an annual event that will be missed by everyone.

Well, I've been traveling since the River Run and haven't had a chance to post till now.

Thanks to all who came and made this final River Run an event to remember! And of course special thanks to TheDon for managing event logistics so brilliantly. For those of you who've not organized something like this, it takes a surprisingly large amount to work to pull off, even though it may look pretty simple. That said, I heartily encourage anyone who likes events like this to organize one - there are a lot of "best practices" from which you can borrow. Team up with another club member or two and make it happen. Remember, somebody had to plan the first River Run (me), and its early popularity spawned other events as well (I can't believe I organized TWO Banzai Blasts!!). Remember Jay Levine's NSX New York Fall Classic? It WAS a classic! And of course don't forget Larry Bastanza's Poker Rally and all great track events...

Thank you to all who came up to me to express your sorrow - and gratitude - at the end of the River Run era. I've thoroughly enjoyed these gatherings, to the point where for me, the car has become almost incidental to the fabulous camaraderie we enjoy when we get together. I've made many friends and had a lot of fun. I hope that when I move to Colorado I'll find an NSX community as great as this one has been. Heck, I'm getting all choked up!

There are too many fond (and many amusing) memories to recount them all, so let me leave you with one, and I ask that each of you take this opportunity to post your favorite NSXCA Northeast Event anecdote, as a small token of appreciation for the end of the River Run era. OK, so I'll get it started with this one:

On one of the earlier River Runs a certain club member (haven't seen him in years!) brought what I could best describe as a professional lady (no she wasn't an accountant, if you get my drift) to the event. He had the brilliant idea of letting her drive a short way. Well, on a particularly challenging twisty near Van Sant airport in Bucks County PA, she put two wheels off-road and nearly spun. We all got a good chuckle out of the the mishap (and wondered privately what else might have been going on in the car to provoke this!) when he parked his mud-clad car at the airstrip!

OK, it's your turn now. What's your favorite event anecdote?

Best regards, Don

PS - this wasn't REALLY going to be the last River Run, but I now quit because of all the harrassment you guys gave me about my Ferrari. Sheesh! I'm renouncing my NSXCA membership and going to a place I'll be appreciated - FCA! My Colorado plate for the F-car will read NSXNV4RE.... LOL!:D

Welcome to Colorado!!

Don, I was just admiring your tread and event pictures. Please take a look at our first Colorado based event coming this weekend.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32311

I am working towards getting the NSX owners active here and have set the first get together this Saturday. Your experience will be appreciated to help with future events if you are willing after you get settled in. This is my first to get together to organize, however, I will be doing this regularly from now on.

Drop me a PM with the area you are movong to and when. I'd be glad to welcome you to Colorado, if schedules permit!!

Brian D
Littleton, Colorado

Scary discovery

I was browsing through my pictures from the River Run and I discovered this very disturbing image after looking closely at the pictures...:eek:

5229052-O-1.jpg

Wow...that was so disturbing it was X'd out:D:D

Whoops, I shouldn't have said anything, Peter said my posting privileges have been revoked.

Yikes,I'm barely human looking!lolPerhaps an X-man,,call me lingulo.:D

Back