RipOff! Con-man in Florida.

This story is making its way rapidly around the internet, mostly in car forums. This is the epitome of Murphy's Law when it comes to car-buying.

Watch your backs. Please!

Click

That's a very good read, but a very scary story (especially when it got to the end). Buyer beware...

How does it end? I can't see the ending. Does he get his money back? does Montoya go to prison?
ARRRRGGGGGGG I have to know.

This guy is an idiot and I haven't finished reading part one of his story yet. Three cars and a truck already and he is going cross country for a BMW?

Last edited:
spartan2-3 said:
scary... Florida sure is notorious for these fraudulant activities.

Not everyone down here is pulling scams, although it sure does seem that way. But now that I think about it, every patient that walks into my office is going to need root canals and porcelain crowns on every tooth! I can even photoshop their radiographs to make it look like they have cavities in every tooth and bill the insurance company for work never done.

I think I have just found my new calling; digitalized cavities! :D

Brian2by2 said:
(cali too...cali's the anus :))

Yeah you're right, the "State of California" is anal when it comes to these things. The fraudulant title and the temp tags would have never gotten past our DMV. That M3 would have never gotten a clearance without the smog and safety requirements.;)

Someone from this board (Cali resident) had a Yellow NSX that rolled and received a "Salvage Title" several months/ year later that same car showed up in Florida with a clean Title:rolleyes:

Tony Montoya said:
This guy is an idiot and I haven't finished reading part one of his story yet. Three cars and a truck already and he is going cross country for a BMW?

Hmmm. You and Francisco Montoya (the crook in the story) have the same last name. Coincidence? ;)

You wouldn't happen to be related to him are you?

mikec said:
How does it end? I can't see the ending. Does he get his money back? does Montoya go to prison?
ARRRRGGGGGGG I have to know.

Mike,

That's it. That's the end of the story. Everything's hanging in the balance right now because it's been left to FL authorities to deal with it. I smell a lawsuit in the air.

Read some of the comments by people below the story to keep up with the events.

too bad for that guy, but cash no reciept??? :rolleyes:

Also, I just passed on a nice, clean E30 M3 for $5700.00.
$10,500 was waaaaaaay too high to begin with,
almost 50% too high!
Aaron

This guy is a fool. He didn't even run a CarFax or have the car checked by a qualified mechanic BEFORE he handed over the money. He begun to notice all the problems with this car only after he bought it. He could have easily had these checks done before paying for the car. If the owner refused any part of the inspeciton, he should have walked. He also gave into the sellers assertiveness not to sign a bill of sale and didn't question why the seller's name wasn't even on the title! Yet, he kept on going with the transaction. It's like he knew this mess could happen but went through the transaction hoping it wouldn't but it eventually did. He got himself into this big mess and it will be a very valuable and costly lesson for him to learn.

That was like reading a novel.
He now has a crazy story to tell his grandsons when he gets older.. :( :( :(

Not that he deserved this, but he needed the lesson. I feel bad for his wife, but not too bad for him since he was a certified ASE mechanic but let his impulses get in the way of rational thinking. I mean really, he had so many reasons to back out based only on half the things he DID discover on his own, BEFORE the purchase. But he went on ahead and sold himself on the thought that he wasn't going back w/o the car. In fact he sold himself on it mentally by buying a ONE WAY ticket from the get go. Ironically, despite his own mechanical prowess and desire to have a stock M3, the damn ugly ass MOMO rims was his deciding factor to dismiss other M3's on the market. As he put it, he didn't want to spend any more money on replacing rims that he didn't like on the other M3's he'd been looking at. Meanwhile he admitted to his wife that this needed a repaint, how much was he alotting for a paint job?! Just makes no sense!

AaronR said:
too bad for that guy, but cash no reciept??? :rolleyes:

Also, I just passed on a nice, clean E30 M3 for $5700.00.
$10,500 was waaaaaaay too high to begin with,
almost 50% too high!
Aaron

5700 is waay too cheap for an e30 m3 unless it has seriously high miles/problems. 10-15k is just about right which sucks for e30 m3 buyers because they get stuck with knowing that they are putting the same amount of money that would biy them a 95 m3.

but yeah, montoya should be hung. the guy who bought the m3 doesn't sound like a very smart person.

I think we all saw this coming froma mile away.
This story reminds me of when my girlfriend tried to convince me that she wasn't cheating on me when she spent the night at a "guy" friend's house.

I once flew to Chicago with a one-way ticket to buy an 8K mile black NSX. I knew it wasn't the right car from 20ft away. I informed the guy what he misrepresented and took a cab back to the airport.

how does it end?

"This piece of human waste has not only robbed me of an extremely large sum of money, he has cost me an additional $2000 in expenses and wrecked my"

This is the last line I can see in the story. How does it end?

Back