RHD vs LHD

There are also other things to consider. Where in Canada are you located? I believe in Quebec they have banned RHD imports. Also, insurance may be harder or more costly to obtain. Are all the parts interchangeable between RHD and LHD cars? In my opinion there is no good reason to import a RHD car when there are plenty of nice LHD examples available.

Just don't bother. Some parts are not interchangable and sourcing parts from Japan is difficult + Shipping = crazy expensive. If you don't know, Japan is implementing more taxation soon as well for sales, exportation, as well as environmental (logistics are going to take a hit) in the following years ahead. Also, the currency isn't helping either with the Japanese Yen still significantly high.

ALL IN ALL, if they're not selling it for less than <$20k, don't bother. Also, unless you want it to be a garage queen or a dedicated track car, RHD just does not make sense. Lastly, Keep in mind importing you'll still have to pay sales tax + duty (which is 18.1% in BC). Just head south across the border and you'll have lots of selection =)

Happy Hunting for one!

Sennansx81

What is a Gen 1 NSX?

The second generation car won't be out until 2014/5
Aren't all NSX's on the road today first generation?

Jim

Oyagi

For years I've been following the Prime Forum topic called Second Generation NSX/HSC etc. leading me to believe the term second generation referred to the new car coming in a few years.

I've heard the terms NA1 and NA 2 for years and understand that terminology.

Thanks for the clarification. Thought I was missing something.

Jim

Back