Restaurant Recommendations for Christmas Dinner

Heck what happened to this new look and feel club of ours.. I thought it was supposed to be a laid back informal bunch. Why the need to go to such formality for this dinner. How about just getting together at Harry's Hoffbrau (San Jose). They have a room in the back... plenty of parking and for a few of you....Garden city is across the parking lot!!!

Last edited:
Alexander's you can probably squeak by for $60 a head, but that would limit the menu choices to a few items.

For reference, here's the dinner menu.

http://www.alexanderssteakhouse.com/dinner_menu.pdf

Parking is plentiful, which is a plus.

Alexander's would probably be a good choice other than the fact that the Banquet Menu is different than the dinner menu and they require a $3500 food and beverage minimum for a group over 35. If we manage to have 50 people the cost would be $70 per person not including a 20% tip and tax bringing the cost per person up to $91 each. We are working on another alternative and will send out shortly.

Yolanda

You may have already selected a place for xmas dinner?
I received an email yesterday from a restaurant in Cambell. It is nice place and not to expensive.

Hope this helps.... Yea yea yea past the deadline...

Hello,

Are you looking for the perfect place to host your holiday party? Come to Olio. We're able to host small and large parties. Choose from our menu or work with our event coordinator to build your own. Give us a call and we'll be happy to help make your holiday event a memorable one.

We will be open both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Call us to make your reservation.

Happy Holidays, we're looking forward to seeing you.

Olio is located at:

384 E. Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008
Phone: 408.378.0335
Fax: 408.378.0795

For more information (dress code, parking, map, etc.) or to make reservations at
Olio:
http://www.opentable.com/restaurant_profile.asp?ID=12034&restref=12034

Heck what happened to this new look and feel club of ours.. I thought it was supposed to be a laid back informal bunch. Why the need to go to such formality for this dinner. How about just getting together at Harry's Hoffbrau (San Jose). They have a room in the back... plenty of parking and for a few of you....Garden city is across the parking lot!!!
i am surprised and disappointed there has been no response from a club officer on this post / question.

Is that the one off Saratoga Avenue?

I like that parking space. Vast.

Chill.

Organizing a large party at xmas time is challenging.
The organizers have day jobs as well...

Cut them some slack. I'm sure it will be good.
If not I'm sure they will be happy to let you organize it next year.

Later,
Don
"chill"

hahahaha, let me write that down... that's funny!

you did notice the post acknowledging another post after the one i'm referring to, right? so if there's time to acknowledge that post, why not a courtesy reply of, say... "we want to go upscale and harry's ain't the place" or "we want something more centrally located / convenient to draw more people" or "we'll post a poll of suggested places and let the members vote on it" or "management has decided to..."

still laughing over the "chill" thing - thx for that!

Is that the one off Saratoga Avenue?

I like that parking space. Vast.

Yup, that's the one I was referring too..

Chill.

Organizing a large party at xmas time is challenging.
The organizers have day jobs as well...

Cut them some slack. I'm sure it will be good.
If not I'm sure they will be happy to let you organize it next year.

Later,
Don

Hi Don,
I just asked a simple suggestion. It's gone unanswered

Personally I think we don't need to make this such a big deal...I rather keep money in my pocket given the climate of the economy. I'm sure others out there would agree with me. Lets not forget the purpose is to come together to contribute to charity. The more affordable this event is the more likely to have more participation.

If Mike is asking for suggestions from us via this this forum it shouldn't be to much to ask of him to respond to questions presented here.

I was involved with last years event. Something I found invaluable was to keep everyone up to speed on the progress being made.

Assuming we don't have other plans for the evening "I'm checking with the boss"
we will go.

I don't really care where it is.
It is hard to please everyone. It is great if you can.
The purpose is for all of us to get together.

Sure... may be nice to know what all the choices are but than people want to vote.
Some will be disappointed there place didn't get picked..?

I was pleased with last years dinner... Looking forward to this year.

Later,
Don

Im just wondering why a tue, wed, or thu? Why not on the weekends when more people could attend? Not a big deal, just currious. Sac area did a dinner during the mid week also, i just find it odd.

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the nsxca-ba group:

How much do you want to spend per plate for dinner for the Christmas event?
Remember we are also trying to raise donations/money for Toys for Tots.

o $20 to $30
o $30 to $40
o $40 to $50
o $50+

To vote, please visit the following web page:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/<wbr>nsxca-ba/surveys?id=2569865

Note: Please do not reply to this message.

Last edited:
Im just wondering why a tue, wed, or thu? Why not on the weekends when more people could attend? Not a big deal, just currious. Sac area did a dinner during the mid week also, i just find it odd.

Getting lower pricing and locations on weekends is harder and based on what I'm reading on this thread, people are asking for lower pricing. The Sac weekday monthly dinners get good turnout. We normally get between 15-30 people every month on a Tuesday. Weekdays just seem to work for us.

Assuming we don't have other plans for the evening "I'm checking with the boss"
we will go.

I don't really care where it is.
It is hard to please everyone. It is great if you can.
The purpose is for all of us to get together.

Sure... may be nice to know what all the choices are but than people want to vote.
Some will be disappointed there place didn't get picked..?

I was pleased with last years dinner... Looking forward to this year.

Later,
Don

Don,
Well said. The point of the club is to have fun and I think no matter what the logistics of the dinner are, you all will have a good time.

based on what I'm reading on this thread, people are asking for lower pricing.

We can ask but it doesn't mean this Board listens.....

Getting lower pricing and locations on weekends is harder and based on what I'm reading on this thread, people are asking for lower pricing. The Sac weekday monthly dinners get good turnout. We normally get between 15-30 people every month on a Tuesday. Weekdays just seem to work for us.
Cool, thanks for the respons, hopefully there will be some more weekend meets in the near future that i may attend

We can ask but it doesn't mean this Board listens.....

It doesn't seem that difficult to me. If you feel it's too expensive to attend, then don't go. All too often people wish to expend funds to celebrate the holidays. If you don't feel the same that's fine. You have the option to opt out. Nothing personal but people like to do special meeting at the holidays. If you don't agree you can always meet up at scheduled meetings.

Again, this is nothing personal and I appreciate your situation.

It doesn't seem that difficult to me. If you feel it's too expensive to attend, then don't go. All too often people wish to expend funds to celebrate the holidays. If you don't feel the same that's fine. You have the option to opt out. Nothing personal but people like to do special meeting at the holidays. If you don't agree you can always meet up at scheduled meetings.

Again, this is nothing personal and I appreciate your situation.

Hi Doug,

It never escaped me that this is the Holiday season. My initial comment brought up the point that the Board stated this club would take on a more casual approach to things in the future. I don't see how this dinner is in line with that.

Given the economic climate I felt we could tone down the event a bit and try to raise more for charity (thats where money/donations are really needed this year) and in the process make it a bit more affordable for those that may have been hurt this year economically. Several in the club this year...

I just asked a simple question but no one on the Board had the courtesy to respond.

Fascinating!

Carlos

PS Are you attending this years Hoverround Holiday Affair? I heard the the all terrain model will be on exhibit.
disabled_seat_on_tracks.jpg

Hi Doug,

It never escaped me that this is the Holiday season. My initial comment brought up the point that the Board stated this club would take on a more casual approach to things in the future. I don't see how this dinner is in line with that.

Given the economic climate I felt we could tone down the event a bit and try to raise more for charity (thats where money/donations are really needed this year) and in the process make it a bit more affordable for those that may have been hurt this year economically. Several in the club this year...

I just asked a simple question but no one on the Board had the courtesy to respond.

Fascinating!

Carlos

PS Are you attending this years Hoverround Holiday Affair? I heard the the all terrain model will be on exhibit.
disabled_seat_on_tracks.jpg

Carlos,

That photo is hilarious.:biggrin::biggrin: I bet Hal will be putting his order in once he get a look at that baby.

Thanks for the laugh.

Doug

Back