resale values on nsx

how will the resale values on the nsx hold up over the next several years?....we are probably talking about two subsets of cars....the earily models, pre 97 and post 97 ..and possible a third set of cars, the late models nsx such as 02, 03 and 04....any thoughts???

Try the search, your answer your own question.:wink:

I can say I was willing to pay a little more for a 1995 T just to have the liftoff roof. I assume it will always be that way, with big increments in prices for post 1997 cars and again for post 2002

A couple year ago I expressed this opinion, that it may hold true still now:

Many people agrees that the NSX has a strong relationship to the same year 911 in terms of percepted value, new price and depreciation.

In detail we compare the 993 for NSX older than 1997 and the 996 for 1997 NSX and newer. These cars behave similarly (purchase price, used price).

Would it be possible that this will still hold true in 10 years from now?

And in this case, is it worth checking what happened to Porsche 911 in the past?

20 years old 911 currently ranges at 12k-14k$. Of course the Porsche has more autos around in the market... but it seems that Porsche has matched production to demand pretty well and in general Porsche has a bigger possible base of buyers than the NSX.

Would it be possbile that in 2010, 1990 NSX will be also priced 12k-14k?
Of ocurse *perfect* exemplars will sell at premium, just like for the Porsche. But the normal range could be that.

Just guessing...

I can't picture an NSX with a straight body ever being available for 14k. The cars have more in common with Ferrari than Porsche IMHO. Other than salvage cars, or ones that are absolutely beat to $hit I think they will eventually bottom out in the mid to low 20s and a little better for the later years. The rarer late model cars will never dip close to that low.

nuck said:
I can't picture an NSX with a straight body ever being available for 14k. The cars have more in common with Ferrari than Porsche IMHO. Other than salvage cars, or ones that are absolutely beat to $hit I think they will eventually bottom out in the mid to low 20s and a little better for the later years. The rarer late model cars will never dip close to that low.
I agree.

You can judge by people's opinions.

Just today some kid's jaw dropped when he saw me getting into my car.

He asked me what I paid for it. When I told him, he was shocked at why it was not more expensive. He was thinking "Ferrari price", FYI.

Most people think of the NSX as an expensive car. Perception will help keep up the values of the NSX, as they get more rare.

Back