Remus Exhaust - Where are the cats?

I just bought the car, and the previous owner had it successfully inspected recently. However, I don't see any catalytic converters:confused:(see attachment) It barely passed HC emissions(Emissions test results attached).

1. Is it possible to pass emmissions without cats?
2. Does Remus hide them somewhere I can't see?
2. If there arent any, is this system designed to patch in the stock cats?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF10671.JPG
    DSCF10671.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Inspection.jpg
    Inspection.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 104
Are these the test pipes?
Will the stock cats fit the space when the test pipes are removed?

Attachments

• Cat bypass.JPG
    Cat bypass.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 84
You passed emissions with no cats?!? :eek:

That's what the seller told me. And he's given me no other reason not to believe him. See the emissions test results attached above. Barely passed HC though.

My buddy up at the inspection station gave me some good info here. You can technically pass the emmissions test without cats installed (depending on your car, and local emissions standards). However, they are supposed to do a visual inspection to ensure they are installed.

They must not have done the visual on mine.

midlifecrisis said:
My buddy up at the inspection station gave me some good info here. You can technically pass the emmissions test without cats installed (depending on your car, and local emissions standards). However, they are supposed to do a visual inspection to ensure they are installed.

They must not have done the visual on mine.

Wow! Brave man taking a car for an inspection/emmissions test without CATS installed!!! :eek: :eek:

In Australia it is a $10,000 fine for an owner and like $100,000 for the shop for removing the CATS...

Passing an emissions test depends on the test itself. My previous FX500 NSX passed the test with flying colors. Why? Because the manager had a policy to not put exotic sports cars on the treadmill, and instead simply insert a probe in the exhaust and run a static test. The static test does not test for NOx, thus I passed.

Back