Removed engine cover, question

^This is normal when you remove the engine over. Their is a strip of rubber molding that runs the perimeter of the engine cover. That forms a seals between the body of the car and the glass engine hatch. Alot of people here have no issues with it except for the occasional thump going over large bumps or slight rattling at very high speeds. Just be careful not to slam or drop the engine hatch or go over large bumps at high speeds.

Personally, I didn't like the idea of having a seal missing on my car when I removed my engine cover, so I picked up a Downforce Carbon Engine Cover. Most of the engine is still visible and the seal is retained. It also looks very cool..

Last edited:
looks new or looks like its ready for a white glove inspection.

Thunder... your engine bay is beautiful.
I thought mine was pretty clean, but I say yours is awesome.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Thunder... your engine bay is beautiful.
I thought mine was pretty clean, but I say yours is awesome.

picture.php

picture.php

Thank you friend, yet my NSX has 170,000 km :smile:

I also removed the hood and I did not find noise knocking or pinging, I think it is possible to adjust the closure of the rear window, the "U" on the glass and the lock closure in the engine bay

It's definitely an adjustment because my cover is off and the hatch does not clunk or thump or anything at all. However.... It is definitely not sealed and at high speed you can look in the mirror and see a slight flutter there. It's not ideal. Just removing it and not replacing with anything is a little hokey but I haven't quite found a cover I like that fits the targa cars yet. I should have just kept my Comptech one and made my own mesh cover. I painted my milk jug red to match my valve covers. I do also have tinted rear glass, 5 years now no issues.

E3792935-1CD9-4BFD-8782-B6FCE3E9D751-5700-00000304A3147199_zpse6c32dbe.jpg

When I removed the expansion tank, I found three cracks at the back, even in the absence of UV light, the plastic is 20 years too old, moreover, it is subjected to very high heat and cold (engine off), hot and cold causes cracks and this is compounded by the UV radiation when the lid is removed, I also replaced all my vacuum hoses for 2 were drilled, I simultaneously replaced my coolant hoses: Cool:
I took the opportunity to check all the fasteners with a torque wrench and I found that the rear door was loose on the 4 nuts, 2 were not tightened and the window moved slightly by hand, same for the case the air filter, it is important to check the bindings for the NSX engine vibrates a lot, I think Honda made ​​a mistake by placing the engine transversely, the balance would have been much better with a central engine positioned longitudinally, in the axis of the car (like Ferrari or Lamborghini), I've always wondered why Honda did this, it is unfortunate: Confused:

Thanks guys for confirming that was it. I will see what i can do to it.

@rbilder
Is that a front prop upside down on your e-cover?

Mike

Back