References Needed- JH4NA1159MT002545- $24K, 75K

Does anybody know of this car? Most of the cars listed with this milage are $29K +. That said, I'm not sure how well maintained the car is as the post was not very descriptive.

"Completely stock, always kept covered in garage, all scheduled maintenance, looks and runs great, low mileage."

Does anybody know of this car? Most of the cars listed with this milage are $29K +. That said, I'm not sure how well maintained the car is as the post was not very descriptive.

"Completely stock, always kept covered in garage, all scheduled maintenance, looks and runs great, low mileage."

I have a post for this car. Did you check it out in person?

If you buy the car, you will need to do the following.

1. Timing Belt
2. Water Pump
3. Clutch in the near future
4. Alignment
5. A/C not working
6. Window molding piece on passenger side
7. TCS, ABS, and BRAKE lights are ALL on
8. Change all hoses
9. Driver side window regulator

On the bright side, the car has a clean carfax, paint and body appear to be in good condition, and seller is a cool guy.

1. Timing Belt
2. Water Pump
4. Alignment
5. A/C not working
8. Change all hoses

On the bright side, the car has a clean carfax, paint and body appear to be in good condition, and seller is a cool guy.

Can any of you pros/vets chime in on approximate costs on all this maintenance? Thx in advance.

$4-$7k... Depending on what all the lights mean and who is doing it... Not enough info to be closer...

1. Timing Belt
2. Water Pump
4. Alignment
5. A/C not working
8. Change all hoses

If it needs all of these items it does not sound to me like "all scheduled maintenance, looks and runs great". I guess if I wanted to play semantics "all scheduled maintenence" would be accurate with the "needs lots of unscheduled deferred maintenance" being hidden.

I don't know if this is really what cool guys do. :frown:

To Moderu and NSXhopeful:

First of all this is not what cool guys do - cool dumb like a fox guys that are out to sell you a bill of goods they can't afford to fix do this kind of thing.

So let's just pretend that 24k is a real starting point and the fact that the Carfax is clean really does mean that it's clean in this case and run the numbers ok. I'm going to consider that there will be some shared expenses with proximity of repairs in some cases:

1. Timing Belt & 2. Water Pump = let's give you a break here 1200
3. Clutch in the near future - let's add the master and slave = 2400
4. Alignment= 75
5. A/C not working = this could be serious and most likely is and will take more than a "send my board to Brian K" fix - like parts as in Evaporator and some other stuff like maybe a compressor (just sayin) AC stuff can be awfully sticky and troublesome - 1500
6. Window molding piece on passenger side = let's just say 100 ok
7. TCS, ABS, and BRAKE lights are ALL on (this is a master cylinder and who knows - let's say another = 1000
8. Change all hoses = 1000
9. Driver side window regulator = this is a pain in the ass even if you buy the fix from one of our prime members - 300

All this totals $8275 - and it could be worse or maybe a little better - depends on who you have in your local area as in dealer or really good independant you can trust! If you are a DIYer - well that's up to you - parts ain't cheap either - at least 3k or so maybe more and lots of time fiddling with the brake system and most likely you can't do the AC anyway. Doubtful that the ABS needs replacement, but with the lights on all inteconnected stuff - it could be a bunch of stuff and a lot of work no matter how you cut it.

So now for the greand finally - you spend maybe 24k or let's say this cool guy gives you a break at 23k - who knows - what'll you have in the car when done - minimum 30k - for a fully up to date car with maintenance listed done!

Now all you hopeful, cool guy lovers - think about what you'll end up with in the end. OK - now let's look at something I tell everyone - you are going to pay now or pay later - just depends on how prepared you are to own an NSX. This is not the scene for those looking for a "deal" - cause here's your deal - right! Is this a deal??? Hell no - it's not a deal. 75k miles isn't a lot but now let's look at the interior??? mmmmm anything in there besides a little passenger side trim needing anything - how bout a side bolster looking grey or white from wear - how bout a seat cover or interior repair - how bout carpets? All this and you haven't done one fun thing to your car - this doesn't get you mod one - no headers -which you need - how bout the tail lights - any moisture? Not that moisture is a big deal - cause the car won't rust.

I don't know any body here that would think this is a good deal at 24K - how bout 22k??? I've got a silver one that really is up to maintenance with some nice little unseen mods (headers) and 49k miles I'll sell that really is a good deal! Personally unless you will do much of your own work and are prepared to do a lot of it my advice to you is to start saving and start thinking of changing your name to NSX"realistic" or Maintaineru before Moderu. No dis guys - been there, but you need to really understand what a list of stuff like this means in dollars and realize there ain't no free lunch and the deals on these cars don't look like this. You'll know it when you see it - THIS AIN'T IT imho. Not sayin there isn't a price point that would make this ok - I just don't think 24k is it.

My 2 cents and then some, all the best and good luck!

Last edited:
Back