Red or White?

I've always been a fan of Forumula Red as my favorite NSX color, followed by yellow. Recently, however white has caught my eye like many NSX fans before me inspired the R. Stock vs stock, I think the red is more visually appealing. But if you modify the white one--I'm talking black wing, black rims, and black roof/pillars, the white looks exceptional. I have not seen one in person.

Hopefully at some point in the future I will be looking into 2003+ NSX's and have realized white is a rarity. Are they available and if so, are prices relatively inflated? The choice here would be to go for red (and I have not honestly seen too many modified--are they equally eye popping?), or hopefully find a white one. Alternatively, if I wanted white I could buy a less sought after color and repaint. I have never repainted a vehicle and am sure that devalues the car quite a bit.

I would be interested in other opinions or solutions. Like I said, I've always loved red but seems like when you modify it, white takes over. As an aside, I am not a modder per se but NSX is an exception.

If you want to repaint, then start with a black car so all the compartments are black to begin with. I have read that a good paint job will cost around $5-$7K. Doing that will limit its resale appeal since a lot of buyers want original paint. It all depends on how long you plan on keeping it.

Perhaps start with an older car and install the 02 update to save some money.

Everyone knows red is faster.:biggrin:

Red is lightest paint.llol

91-94 Formula red is brighter than new formula red 95+cars. On the NA2 facelift I say white on NA1 Red.

Honda's belong WHITE!!

white. plain sick, not many white ones i see either.

"Refrigerators are white, sports cars are red"
Colin Chapman

If you want to repaint, then start with a black car so all the compartments are black to begin with. I have read that a good paint job will cost around $5-$7K. Doing that will limit its resale appeal since a lot of buyers want original paint. It all depends on how long you plan on keeping it.

Perhaps start with an older car and install the 02 update to save some money.

I presume if I were to buy, I would like to keep it for awhile. What are general thoughts on repainting? I would probably avoid it unless the white bug really catches on and there is no availabliity.

If it were me I would avoid painting at all costs. I hear that the NSX had a nice 24 step paint process from the factory, I wouldn't want to take this away for anything.

You know what's rare?

2002+ Red NSX's modded! I can't remember the last time I've actually seen a red +02 model that is lowered, wheels, etc. Lot's of NA1's converted to +02 look but no actual 02-05 red cars done up.

If I were the OP I'd buy a Berlina Black NSX and re-paint it white if that's what he likes. Only because the base platform of the NSX-R is black in the engine compartment area, etc.

^^^ I've always thought it be kind of cool to repaint an Imola Orange to black .:tongue:

white power!!! ...i had to settle for red :frown:

picture.php

There are 3637 Red NSX's
There are 486 White NSX's
only 484 whites left cause I have 2 :biggrin: get them while u can!

If you want white 2002 and up good luck easier to do what I did

Buy a White 91-01 and do the 02 conversion for $6k

Plus the only way to get a White coupe 02-05 is by doing the conversion on a 91-94 since there were no coupes after 2001 and only 2 White coupes 97-01

22 white 02-05 Targa only
43 White 97-01 Targa only
57 White 95-96 Targa only 3.0
354 White 91-94

I have had both. My first NSX (92) was red and seemed to be the color a exotic car should be. Decided to upgrade to a NSX-T and considered Red again, but once I saw the white I knew that one would be it. I think both colors show the lines very well of the car and both turn just as many heads. Actually have received many more compliments on the color on the white one.

Would I go back to red...nope.

Back