Red or Silver?

I am sorry to bring this topic again. I have mainly looked at red ones and silver ones so far (for years after 93+, only red ones, but if it's silver, I don't mind taking 91 or 92). I went through all the topics regarding "color" using a search option, but could not really conclude anything for myself. I saw them both in person, and loved them both. The difficult part is that they just have completely different image: one being hot, the other being cool.
I am not really concerned about silver being hard to find -I will track them down if I want them
smile.gif
. My biggest concern is whether I will be bored more quickly with one color over the other. I have never owned a red car before (only black, silver and white), and am not sure if I can take the stare from people (does it not matter which color? is it inevitable for any NSXs?). Nevertheless, I love the richness of red, and NSX looks so good in red. Silver looks very sophisticated, cool, yet sporty (and haven't seen anyone who complains about the color). Dilema, dilema...

If anyone went through the same deilema, I would appreciate any comments or suggestion.

Please note that I truly believe all colors are beautiful on NSX (not so sure about lime green in Japan, though), and would love to have them all.

When looking for my first NSX, I was primarily searching for a black or silver (since I had several red cars before as was looking for a change plus something more "sleek" / less "flashy"). I actually ended up with a red 92. I ended up really liking that color. Like you pointed out, the NSX red is much nicer than the red on most other cars (in hue, depth, and "smoothness").

My current NSX is a silver 91. It gets noticably fewer looks than my red. Like you, I like the sophisticated look of silver. IMHO, the silver makes the car looks less dated since it's more monochromatic (silver body & wheels, everything else is black)... again, just my opinion.

Then again, when my bud parks his red next to my silver, his just looks sooo much more sporty.

------------------
ojaspatel.com/nsx

I wasn't really specific when I went searching for my car. I wanted red or black, but silver would have done. I ended up getting a white 93 and it is Gorgeous! I do get the stares, but I think if it were red I would get A lot more. That isn't a bad thing though. Most cops never even look at me when they pass by.

Originally posted by Tiger740:
I love the richness of red, and NSX looks so good in red. Silver looks very sophisticated, cool, yet sporty (and haven't seen anyone who complains about the color). Dilema, dilema...

There are those who have a strong preference for each of these colors.

Because you find both of them attractive and intriguing, I would be willing to bet that you would be quite happy with either one.

Originally posted by MiamieNeSeX:
What about white?
smile.gif

Red: 10/10
Silver: 10/10
White: 9.9999999/10

I love whites, too. Why do I love everything??

When I was looking for my NSX, I originally wanted a '94 green/black. At the time it was too pricey for me and decided to wait. After getting a power ride from Doug Hayashi at Laguna Seca, I wanted an NSX NOW! Since the earlier cars were the same mechanically, I decided to forgo the green and go for a '91-'92 model.

Since I had four colors to choose from, it was easy to pick silver. I didn't want red since every NSX you see is always red (ticket magnet too), black is a pain to keep clean and I didn't want a white car. I went on a mission to find a clean silver/black and six months later I found one. I like the sophisticated look of silver. I sold my daily driver maroon colored Accord for a silver GSR. I've wanted to get a GSR in the last couple years but it didn't come in silver until 2001. I basically bought it since it was offered in silver (didn't like red, black, white or green). I guess the silver of the NSX has really rubbed off on me.
biggrin.gif

When I went to get the car smogged for the first time, the owner of the shop was saying how classy the silver color looks on the NSX. He also said his buddy is a CA Highway Patrol officer and he too likes silver NSXs. One thing he does hate about silver NSXs, they're much harder to spot on the freeways. No tickets yet!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Vytas (edited 04 September 2002).]

Originally posted by gobble:
You can't get a deep shine out of a white car.

It's interesting - last year I bought my first light-colored car (in this case, yellow). Detailing it is different from my previous cars (mostly red). Applying wax is much more difficult because it's harder to tell which parts of the surface you've covered. I agree that you don't get the same impression of a deep, rich, lustrous shine as you do using the exact same products on a red (or darker color) car. OTOH it doesn't show swirl marks or light scratches at all. So, there are pluses and minuses.

Originally posted by MiamieNeSeX:
but you could loose your red in a parking lot with 10 nsxs

Oh yeah, that happens to me all the time.
rolleyes.gif
Okay, maybe once a year, at NSXPO - but the same thing could be said at NSXPO for your silver, or your white, or...
biggrin.gif

Illhave to agree with you on what a pain in the a#$% it is to wax the car, since you cant see where it is applied. I I guess the best color for the car would be the color that you buy. Good luck
Armando

I suppose that it's a happy dilema!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Vytas:
I guess the silver of the NSX has really rubbed off on me.
biggrin.gif

Yup, when we went to buy our new CLK we started with white, but somehow ended up with Silver
biggrin.gif
The Silver NSX and it's magical powers of influence...

Originally posted by tabasco:
BLUE

Sorry, but I still think Monaco Blue Pearl looks like PURPLE-BLUE. However, Monte Carlo Blue Pearl and Long Beach Blue Pearl both look like "true blues" to me!

Sorry.. to my opinion.. the silver on nsx looks raw and looks " unpainted" like bare aluminum.

If I got a chance to buy a NSX again. .I will get a midnight pearl or spa yellow...

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
...Because you find both of them attractive and intriguing, I would be willing to bet that you would be quite happy with either one.

Get a silver one and paint the canopy red!
biggrin.gif
(very "James Bond-bad guy- secret hideout" looking)

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I agree, I think the best US market colors on the NSX are probably:

GPW (of course)
Monaco Blue Pearl
Brooklands Green
Kaiser Silver

If I ever 'trade up'/purchase a 2nd, I think it will probably be to a Kaiser Silver.

Back