Red NSX-R (NA2)

I was under the impression that all NSX TypeR's are Grand Prix White.

Are you asking to photoshop one in red to see what it would look like?

The primary color for the na2 nsx-r is white but can be special ordered in many other colors. If you go to the honda web-site you can see the color choices. I will also post pictures of mine when it is finished.

The traditional color for Type-R cars is Championship White, which is sort of an off-white. It's the color of the winning 1961 F1 car, and that is what the off-white paint and the red "H" emblem pays homage to, as that car was one of the first, if not the first car to carry the red "H".

It's a subtle difference, but if you see it side by side with Grand Prix White, you can definitely tell a difference.

As another poster said, NSX-Rs can be ordered in a variety of colors, including red and yellow.

I don't know the history behind it, but it would be really funny if, back in 1961, they just took some old white paint (that had shifted colors) that they had sitting around the garage, and painted the car that color. Little did they know it would become the color of Honda's race inspired models for years to come. :)

I thought the Japanese racing cars were white because that is the racing colour of Japan. In the old days of motor racing, Britain had British Racing Green, Germany had Silver, France had Yellow and Italy of course had Red.

Also White and Red for Japan, may have something to do with the national flag colours?

attachment.php

Back