Recommended Acura dealership for timing belt/water pump service.

You do realize the date of that FAQ entry is 10/18/99 as in 9+ years ago?

My local dealer quoted $2200. I went elsewhere.

Maybe the dealer quoted you for other items along with your tb/wp service?

I spoke to a local member a few weeks ago and he recently had his car serviced done at Cerritos Acura. Had a couple of individual items done along his wp/tb service, but the break down on pricing was inline with the FAQ at about $1400-1500.

Cerritos Acura is where I've decided to take my car as well.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Cerritos Acura is where I take my nsx. They are very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. They do quality work. Ask for Jon Martin or Fred Thornton.

Last edited:
is this a job that can be done quickly?? like if i make an appointment.. drive out there... have lunch and come back and car will be done?

5 hours is hauling :biggrin: i think for a TB you want the tech to have enough time to wrench to the job at their pace.

Drop the car off, leave it over night or even for a day or two. I like working on it 1/2 one day with the WP off and the second day finish it up.

With that said, a cooperative car takes me about 6 hours with a lunch break. Cars that are fighters or have been worked on where the previous tech put thread locker on every single bolt possible takes much much longer. :biggrin:

Lots of options in town. Economy is bad, should be a good time to get your car repaired. :wink:

btw ever considering trying it yourself? its not very technical. if you follow the book, its a good dyi for people with some automotive back ground. You should start Sat morning and should be done by Sunday night. Always takes longer the first time around.

Knowing you Rob, you'll try to fix other stuff that messed up without charging the customer :wink:.

try to do what is right. Dont mind putting in a little extra free wrench time for a cool customer.

btw ill be down for a month. Moving to a bigger 4500 Sqft shop and this time in LA. Tired of being out in the boonies! :smile:

should by up and running by the start of next month.

where about is your new shop?

shooting for San Gabriel area.

working on finalizing lease nxt week. Have a few options and all of them are awesome :eek:

everyone is going out of business. great time to expand and lease

That would be great... Hope you will be closer to the western part of San Gabriel valley like Arcadia, Alhambra etc...

everything signed. been moving my business for the last week. What a pain.:mad: im not big on automotive repair right now.

Parts business is doing great and i have a hard enough time keep up. The other factor is economy is bad and $ is tight and people are getting desperate to save a buck or two.

Attitudes have changed and people can get ugly. Its not their fault, cash is tight, i understand. I was doing the automotive repair for fun. I enjoy working on nice cars and meeting cool people and saving them a buck or two in the process. Since attitudes are unpleasant, there is no point for me to work hard to save others $.

Still have the shop lifts and dyno for my own personal enjoyment. Life is good. With that said, people who are cool are always welcome. I don't mind working hard, putting in uncharged hours of work for the right people. I understand, times are tough, money is tight and every bit saved counts. :wink:
Not responding to this because i'm looking for a free place to wrench or some free service. quick disclaimer! haha

Let me know where your final location is. I work/wrench more than probably half the ppl on this board so every once in a while it's nice to get a second opinion from someone close by! Welcome to the SGV!

The NSX has been ignored lately since i'm desperately trying to finish up my LS1 swap in the Chevelle. Will you be setting up your own personal "shop" in SGV; lifts and everything?

Back