Recommended Acura dealership for timing belt/water pump service.

Just turned 40k miles on my '98, I think its about time for a 60k service. Can someone recommend a local Acura dealership around San Gabriel/L.A. for reliable, honest service, and fair pricing?

According to the FAQ, a water pump/timing belt service would cost about $1300? Does this price sound about right?

[RA - 99/10/18] I just had my '92 timing belt replaced at Stevens Creek Acura, Santa Clara CA. Costs:

Labor 547.
Belt, Timing 151
Adj, Timing Belt 109
Water Pump Assy 206
Belt, Alternator 28
Belt, Compressor 14
CVR, Timing Belt 148
misc ...
total parts: 676
total labor: 547

I ended up taking my NSX to Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura. Pain in the a$$ driving there but I didn't feel Sierra here in Alhambra had enough experience. I even paid Sierra for a checkup ($100 boooo) but after interviewing the rep and the tech I just wasn't comfortable with thier experience level.

At any given time you will see a customer's NSX at Cerritos being worked on. You'll end up paying a little more but if you plan on keeping the car for a while and you want peace of mind... I recommend them. Only Sergio will work on your car. He's got some seniority there esp with NSXs.

Can't vouch for the non Acura shops like Ramon, Autowave, or ORacle. Heard good things about them but they're really faaaaaaar.

BTW... I had a lot of things worked on and change. Cam plugs, all new seals, spark plugs, all coolant hoses, TB/WP, exhaust/headers, etc... it was a small fortune but i'm pushing 80k miles. I'd say you'd be around $1500 for a TB/WP. I can't give you a line item price because my labor charge was a one-liner.

Last edited:
call around for prices before you go.

there are more than enough feedback here on prime about the various shops.

I haven't been to Cerritos Acura yet, but the parts department was the nicest one over the phone and they found what I was looking for with less effort.

I was a master acura technician certified to work on NSX. I worked for Acura for 13 years. I will going to the C&C at the end of the month. I drive a 04 yellow NSX with 19 and 20s. If you are going there look for me. I can take care of your car if you want.

I was a master acura technician certified to work on NSX. I worked for Acura for 13 years. I will going to the C&C at the end of the month. I drive a 04 yellow NSX with 19 and 20s. If you are going there look for me. I can take care of your car if you want.

Cool! another NSX in the SGV. I think I've have seen you cruisin around.

I'll be sure to look for you.

Thanks for all the replies. I missed out on this WB/TB special :(

Last edited:
So where do you work?

I worked at 3 different Acrua dealers over the years. I started at Huntington Beach Acura which is now South Coast Acura. Then worked at Sierra Acura in Alhambra and Pasadena Acura. I left the dealer about 3 years ago. I dabble in Real Estate, repairing cars and taking care of my rentals now.

I worked at 3 different Acrua dealers over the years. I started at Huntington Beach Acura which is now South Coast Acura. Then worked at Sierra Acura in Alhambra and Pasadena Acura. I left the dealer about 3 years ago. I dabble in Real Estate, repairing cars and taking care of my rentals now.
You sound just like me except about being the Acura expert part!

You're so close to me so that's great. I'm also assuming you're half doing this because you need something to do and not necessary because doing TB/WP jobs is what keeps food on the table ;)

You should come by the SGV meets!

do you have your own shop or work from your house? Where about are you located in SGV?

So then I've seen you/NSX before. If I'm correct, I use to see your NSX parked in Brightwood MP? Good to see that you still have your NSX.

Last edited:
South Coast seems like a nice dealership, ask for Matt Moloci...he's the owner and a cool guy.

you've seen everyone's NSX in SGV. lol

my car is sometimes parked on Brightwood. i wonder if that's me.

it's funny that I see NSX's but not all the time. my work requires me to drive from city to city. the nsx I use to see in Brightwood was Yellow parked in the garage. we talked about seeing your cruising down MP road.

it's funny that I see NSX's but not all the time. my work requires me to drive from city to city. the nsx I use to see in Brightwood was Yellow parked in the garage. we talked about seeing your cruising down MP road.

I used to live there, now I am up in Arcadia. I do all my work at home. I have all the special tools, scanners etc.

Not sure If I was being specific enough, I asked for a "recommended Acura dealership" for my tb/wp service and received a few unwanted PMs with ruthless remarks and childish name calling; What gives?

Is there not enough drama on TV? Or are times so slow in the service industry that, some, find it amusing to spend their time annoying people on the internet?

Unless I have mistaken, but the person with the money ultimately decides where they want to spend it? :mad:

My NSX has bounced around between Autowave, South Coast Acura, and Niguel Motors. Never had an issue with any of them.

2 cents.

Not sure If I was being specific enough, I asked for a "recommended Acura dealership" for my tb/wp service and received a few unwanted PMs with ruthless remarks and childish name calling; What gives?

Is there not enough drama on TV? Or are times so slow in the service industry that, some, find it amusing to spend their time annoying people on the internet?

Unless I have mistaken, but the person with the money ultimately decides where they want to spend it? :mad:

buddy, you haven't finished the tread you started yet. Don't bad mouth then run, its no fun. Im still waiting for the answer to your apples and oranges comment.

Last edited:
[RA - 99/10/18] I just had my '92 timing belt replaced at Stevens Creek Acura, Santa Clara CA. Costs:

Labor 547.
Belt, Timing 151
Adj, Timing Belt 109
Water Pump Assy 206
Belt, Alternator 28
Belt, Compressor 14
CVR, Timing Belt 148
misc ...
total parts: 676
total labor: 547

According to the FAQ, a water pump/timing belt service would cost about $1300? Does this price sound about right?

You do realize the date of that FAQ entry is 10/18/99 as in 9+ years ago?

My local dealer quoted $2200. I went elsewhere.

Back