Recommendation for Shipping out wheels?

Can anyone recommend who I should use to ship out a set of wheels w/ tires mounted on them already?

They need to go to florida, what's the cheapest, safest, and reliable method?

How should I pack the wheels up so the shipping company won't destroy them?

thanks.

Florida from where? Ive seen people ship via Greyhound. Also just local post office is like 160$
+1 on both counts.

I had to send a set of wheels and tires to Connecticut, and it was expensive. Luckily, it was an eBay auction, and the buyer paid for most of the shipping costs.

i tried UPS and they charged me ~$155. Later they charged me an additional $35 each because they weren't in cardboard boxes. I had cardboard covering the face of the rim to prevent damage. Greyhound all the way...

I sent my OEM wheels ( brand new) to Texas via UPS. If I am correct it was about $80 a wheel. I packed them myself. I got an 8x10 sheet of 1/2 thick foam from Home Depot and cut it the shape of the wheel on both sides and then protected that cushion with a circular piece of wood on both sides and then another circular foam piece on both sides. Duct taped it cross sectionally and the then wrapped it with plastic and duct taped it again.

ship 001.jpg
ship 002.jpgship 003.jpg. .

there's a company near your place that can do the packaging and shipping for you. this is the same place i take all my large packages to get ship.

they have all the supplies need for this stuff and it's what they do all day long.

save yourself the blood sweat and tears, and just pay them do package and ship for you. you just cover the bill. their rates are pretty cheap too.

I sent my OEM wheels ( brand new) to Texas via UPS. If I am correct it was about $80 a wheel. I packed them myself. I got an 8x10 sheet of 1/2 thick foam from Home Depot and cut it the shape of the wheel on both sides and then protected that cushion with a circular piece of wood on both sides and then another circular foam piece on both sides. Duct taped it cross sectionally and the then wrapped it with plastic and duct taped it again.

View attachment 58924
View attachment 58925View attachment 58926. .

I did something similar.If you have ever gotten wheels from tire rack,just save thier packing material and use tape.

all that extra packing is what made it cost 80$ a rim.. with those pieces of wood etc..

With tires is always going to alittle more though..

Yet iam sure the question now is how to pack it rather then who to send it through..

But your going to get a few answers for that as well.

Good help so far.

you don't need wood, tire rack ships them with round cardboard cutouts that are flush with the tire thus protecting the wheel and saving on weight.

you don't need wood, tire rack ships them with round cardboard cutouts that are flush with the tire thus protecting the wheel and saving on weight.

+1 on this , If tire rack does this , why would you do anything else?

Back