Recommend me some performance mods?

Are you joking? this is your idea of bang for the buck? $800 for maybe a horsepower?

Dave,

Don't be mad cuz the Lakers won it.....;)

Anyways have you dynoed the gruppe m intake? That one has shown out of many intakes to improve some hp.....This is from someone who went to AEM and dynoed a bunch of different intakes on the NSX and no it wasnt me.

Otherwise if you really want power man for that money then the only thing that will really increase your hp is NOS for the money.......otherwise 1500 is not gonna really get you much.

E

And another thing ...
A lot of people have recommended using an aftermarket intake. An equal number of people have remained uncharacteristically silent when it comes to pointing out that HP gains with the intake mod is debatable, provided you are still NA.
It might change the sound, if you don't mind your motor sucking hot air out of the engine compartment.

Bang for the buck winners;
Downforce intake scoop.
Loose the exhaust manifolds. (what was Honda thinking ?)
Used exhaust or the Zerotek exhaust. Despite the name (fire the marketing department) actually a great product. Zerotek makes a nice header system as well.
The quality is there.
http://www.zerotek.net/acura.html

But bing, bing, bing, BEST BFTB is a used Basch supercharger set up. Feel lucky punk ? Keep the SS box.
Or add $1500 for tune and AEM and drive without sweat poring down your forehead waiting for kablammo

Last edited:
Downforce scoop;

http://www.downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16198&cat=270&page=1

Other cheapo mods if you can DIY are Tein S springs $200 (?)
and used lightweight flywheel.
No-one mentioned NOS so I will;
NOS
;)

Edit; ^
DOH!
Otherwise if you really want power man for that money then the only thing that will really increase your hp is NOS for the money.......otherwise 1500 is not gonna really get you much.
And check out the weight reduction thread. Priceless. Literally

Last edited:
Go forced induction for power. If you want better handling or better sounds, looks, etc. then mod as you please. The C responds decently to N/A modifications but the costs are difficult to rationalize. For 5k++ spent on taitec exhaust, a pointless intake, clutch/flywheel, lighter wheels, you have 25-30whp. For 12-15k for a supercharger, you can compete with any exotic under a quarter million new.

You can accuse me of being guilty of ignoring your question, but:

I've had my NSX for 10 years now (happy anniversary to me) and I have made a few modifications such as lowering springs, air intake, headers, exhaust, wheels and tires and a few other things.

For the last few years I've been undoing a lot of them. The car is now back to stock ride height, stock intake, and probably about to go back to stock exhaust since I am on my second Comptech exhaust which apparently has also failed. The headers cracked and had to be repaired - if they fail again it's back to the Honda manifolds for me. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just bought the wheels and tires (made-to-order Kinesis K20 in 17" and 18") and called it a day. I fully admit the only reason I did the wheels was cosmetic, but I still stand by that decision. They look great :-)

I guess what I'm saying is, why not save your money and enjoy this great car for what it is. That $1500 might best be put into an emergency repair fund for when something breaks.

Again, I know I didn't answer your question but perhaps I've given you something to think about.

Brad

I appreciate the honesty

Dave,

Don't be mad cuz the Lakers won it.....;)

Your trophy-holding days are numbered buddy. Enjoy while it lasts.

I have yet to see any dyno figure showing any real worthwhile gain on an intake, but they do sound great. I think the only one I saw with the GM intake was Vance's, and he gained a couple up top and lost a few down low. The new DF intake shows some gains is all I have seen, but I am not sure at $900 that is "bang for the buck" either.

TURBO2GO,

You may have a point on this.... We made the FCB to stiffen up the front end for targa and coupe models...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109360&highlight=stmpo

however... we never made the claim for cowl shake on this product..

The Rear Strut tower bar is what we made to stregnthen up the targa chassis.... it would also be a great compliment to the front bar (turbo... a little hint to give me a call man...LOL... I have a silver bar in stock)

No go Ross, I have a CTSC on the car.

Last edited:
Back