Recommend a Body Shop for CF Hood

Hi,

I'm looking to pickup a VIS CF hood that's been slightly damage and will need a repaint and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good body shop to do the work? I'm in the East Bay so the closer the better, but will to driving to a good shop.

I've searched and found a couple shops but it's from an hold thread (2006):

Autobahn Body & Paint
778 Yuba Dr
Mountain View CA 94041
650/966-1840

Bodystyle
524 E Brokaw Rd
San Jose CA 95112.
(408) 436-1616.

Brooks Motor Cars
9829 Bigge St.
Oakland, CA.
(510) 632-8901

Was wondering if there are anything up-to-date or are these shops still good places to go to? Any additional suggestions are also welcome. Thanks in advance!

David

Last edited:
Brooks is still one of the best in the Bay Area. There are others that are recommended but Brooks is the only one I have first hand experience with. Top notch outfit. If it comes down to just a couple and you can't make up your mind, know that they sponsored the Bay Area chapter's picnic last year and provided food as well a the trophies for the car show.

There are few places that are as good, and even fewer (if any) who reward their customers in this way.

J

Thanks James, I'll give them a call and check them out.

David

Brooks is still one of the best in the Bay Area. There are others that are recommended but Brooks is the only one I have first hand experience with. Top notch outfit. If it comes down to just a couple and you can't make up your mind, know that they sponsored the Bay Area chapter's picnic last year and provided food as well a the trophies for the car show.

There are few places that are as good, and even fewer (if any) who reward their customers in this way.

J

If you're willing to drive a little bit, TNT Autobody in Sacramento does great work. I just had my front end and sideskirts painted and can say the color match and quality is spot on.

TNT Autobody
3210 51st Ave
Sacramento, CA 95823
<NOBR>(916) 455-3063</NOBR>
<NOBR>http://www.tnt-autobody.com/</NOBR>

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I'm just not sure if I'm willing to drive all the way out to Sac just yet - it's a long drive (relatively). :biggrin:

David

If you're willing to drive a little bit, TNT Autobody in Sacramento does great work. I just had my front end and sideskirts painted and can say the color match and quality is spot on.

TNT Autobody
3210 51st Ave
Sacramento, CA 95823
<nobr>(916) 455-3063</nobr>
<nobr>http://www.tnt-autobody.com/</nobr>

If u dont buy that hood let me know ill take it the seller didntreply to my text.

And tnt is very good. I would recommend bringing it there

Well I didn't get the hood since the seller sold it before I got a chance to go out and look a it :frown:. Oh well...the search continues.

David

If u dont buy that hood let me know ill take it the seller didntreply to my text.

And tnt is very good. I would recommend bringing it there

nsxbay07.jpg

nsxbay08.jpg

nsxbay09.jpg

The Works Autobody in Santa Clara has done numerous NSXs.

1640 Grant St
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 748-1367

Just about at ANY given time that I visit The Works I will see exotic cars like Ferraris, Lambos, Porsche, etc.

I've had them do 3 of my cars:

1993 RX7
1993 NSX
2005 GTO

EVERYTIME the work exceeds my expectations. As a matter of fact I'm more worried about the repainted/re-worked area not only looking newer, but better from the factory as if that's how the car should have come outta the factory if they had unlimited budget.

Here are the key take-aways:

- No overspray (they use this water-soluble protective spray that covers the entire car to prevent "overspray" that happens at the lessor body shops)
- No tape marks/texture
- They even match the factory "orange-peel" or smooth glass finish.
- They paint the metallics so well that there are no need to blend into perfect panels (saves costs)

I've sent friends and even some VERY anal-retentive car owners of some fine cars and have yet to hear a complaint about The Works.

Thanks for the reply and info. will keep them in mind if I ever get my hood - might hold off for other mods instead.

David

The Works Autobody in Santa Clara has done numerous NSXs.

1640 Grant St
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 748-1367

Just about at ANY given time that I visit The Works I will see exotic cars like Ferraris, Lambos, Porsche, etc.

I've had them do 3 of my cars:

1993 RX7
1993 NSX
2005 GTO

EVERYTIME the work exceeds my expectations. As a matter of fact I'm more worried about the repainted/re-worked area not only looking newer, but better from the factory as if that's how the car should have come outta the factory if they had unlimited budget.

Here are the key take-aways:

- No overspray (they use this water-soluble protective spray that covers the entire car to prevent "overspray" that happens at the lessor body shops)
- No tape marks/texture
- They even match the factory "orange-peel" or smooth glass finish.
- They paint the metallics so well that there are no need to blend into perfect panels (saves costs)

I've sent friends and even some VERY anal-retentive car owners of some fine cars and have yet to hear a complaint about The Works.

Back