Received a fraudulent check for My NSX.

I knew it was a scam when the sender was representing himself or herself as agent for a customer who made a check out for more than my selling price. They would send the full amount expecting the seller to send back the difference.

They would only make contact my email and wouldn't give out any #'s

I’ve heard of this scam and wanted to play it out. Received the cashiers check yesterday and it's a fraud. What should I do with the check? Call the police or just throw it away?

I think I would call the police. That said, with all of the other things they are dealing with, you probably won't be at the top of the pecking order.

Give it a shot rather than dumping the thing. Good luck.

Seriously, the FBI is the one who investigates these scams. They WILL want to know about this.

White92 said:
Seriously, the FBI is the one who investigates these scams. They WILL want to know about this.

Actually, they probably won't. This scam is quite old, very popular and hard to track. It's happened to more than a few on this site alone. When it happened to me none of the authorities cared.

White92 said:

Actually its the Secret Service that investigates fraud of the federal gov. I know because I was caught in the same position a few years ago. I called the Police and they directed me to the SS office here in Houston.

loNfastNSX said:
Actually its the Secret Service that investigates fraud of the federal gov. I know because I was caught in the same position a few years ago. I called the Police and they directed me to the SS office here in Houston.

Do you still have the #? The scammer just emialed me agian.
I have an address, the check and an email address.

Malibu Rapper--

That link is soooo funny. I had tears running down my face as I was telling my wife about it. Thanks for the laughs!

vintagecarman said:
Do you still have the #? The scammer just emialed me agian.
I have an address, the check and an email address.

What your going to want to do is call directory assistance for the local office in your area. They may want you to accept the payment and then they will set something up for when you make the transfer. Give them a call and see what they say. Keep us posted.

Called the S/S

"They stated" This is a serious situation and I will be hearing from an agent.

Hmm, I'm glad I played it out. It's starting to looking interesting. I thought of posting his email address to ? Any idea's?

Do as the Agents say. But I would keep the crooks on the line and real them in. Hope you help to catch those bastards. Fraud is the most F'ed up of all non violent crimes. I was a victem of ID fraud 6 yrs ago and I still have problems to this day. Thaks for doing your part

Good luck

Back