• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

rear CF bumper beam by AxisPower Racing

Would you happen to have pics of how the washer bottle was installed or the bracket your body shop made to install it with the ProCar Alum front beam?

I also have installed the Procar front alu beam part.
My body shop installed the washer bottle too, remember they added a small bracket.

I love how every Joe Shmoe on prime has has something to say. Contrary to what a real race car builder has to say.

Why are people even questioning this guys parts, who is in business because of people who trust him to make safe race parts.

Why compare this guys functional parts to bling - Procar auto boutique crap. Might as well put chrome on your nsx.

This guy makes race parts, safety is practically his middle name. Anything this guy makes is 10x safer than your street driven NSX needs. And procar is for poseurs. I have no clue why this whole site talks up Procar who rapes NSX owners all day for more than Gemballa does for Porsches. People on here think their driving a F40 or something.

I love how every Joe Shmoe on prime has has something to say. Contrary to what a real race car builder has to say.

Why are people even questioning this guys parts, who is in business because of people who trust him to make safe race parts.

Why compare this guys functional parts to bling - Procar auto boutique crap. Might as wel l put chrome on your nsx.

This guy makes race parts, safety is practically his middle name. Anything this guy makes is 10x safer than your street driven NSX needs. And procar is for poseurs. I have no clue why this whole site talks up Procar who rapes NSX owners all day for more than Gemballa does for Porsches. People on here think their driving a F40 or something.
You have thicken the skin a little, WE don't know your guy like you do. And except for the very high end(and maybe your guy is)car builders are generally not engineers or even designers, hell why do you think they fall apart half the time? You HAVE to question ALL aftermarket parts if your smart IMO. When you said your guy does not autoclave, well that tells us he's still in the early stages of carbon fiber work. And 1/8" thick for the rear beam is way too thin.

Patricio,

joe schmoe here... I have almost every honda OEM nsx-r part on my nsx and i have personel first had experience with Procar, downforce and a variety of vendors. I don't appreciate or understand your negatiive attitude about procar. what did procar do to you? My experience has been that detlefs parts are of the highest quality and he has been very prompt and professional to work with. -- With fewer then 10K made and fewer then 1000 02-05 we need to welcome and support vendors that are producing good parts and are efficient to deal with. When you look at the market for aftermarket nsx parts, any vendor that produces them is either doing it as a labor of love, as you wont get rich selling parts for such a low volume car.

Guys:

Its too easy to criticize/comment on an unknown vendor quickly about his parts without knowing the company history and how the part is made. IMO, there are just too many flight by nite wanna be's out there making junk. I love Detlef's parts and he is very professional. He focus mainly on NSX parts and that is his labor of love. The frt beam I bought from him is well designed for its purpose even w/o the washer bottle mounts. I am glad he is doing what he is doing.

I peppered AxisPower w/ many questions 2 yrs ago when I first found him. I did not know John. He gave me many referrals and I still drove 12hr. to see him first hand and check out his operation. If i am gonna spend thousands on parts with him, its my job to be sure he knows what he is doing.

I spent a few years as a design engineer with Nissan GTP program in Vista CA and we designed and made our cf/kevlar parts. It was a big factory effort and we had an oven but not an autoclave. I am not a composite engineer but I knew what we had to do to make cf race parts. An autoclave is a serious investment and I doubt many, if any, aftermarket cf vendor can afford that and find willing customers to pay for the parts that mainly gonna be used on the streets. Prepreg is good enough for me. I just can't afford many NSX-R parts.

Some people may think its stupid to spend that much money on bumpers:confused: and with zero hp gain. well, We modify our cars with different approach and lighter wt. and lower PMI is important to me more than hp. I am simply bring another valid vendor on the table as an option, not to put other vendors down. Plz refrain any juvenile comments....it gets old.

You have thicken the skin a little, WE don't know your guy like you do. And except for the very high end(and maybe your guy is)car builders are generally not engineers or even designers, hell why do you think they fall apart half the time? You HAVE to question ALL aftermarket parts if your smart IMO. When you said your guy does not autoclave, well that tells us he's still in the early stages of carbon fiber work. And 1/8" thick for the rear beam is way too thin.

He's not my guy I'm just of seeing many reputable vendors deciding to let NSX go F itself because of the pompous pricks on here that think there NSX is an F40 - And procar is the holy grail of parts, Its bull sh*t, theres is no CF process on earth that warrants the ridiculous prices they charge.

Yes I want race parts, not auto boutique parts, all I wish is that the people looking for pretty parts to stay ON the pretty parts threads, and OFF the race parts vendors threads and avoid non-relative questions.

This thread started with mentioning parts that are not pretty, but functional built by someone who specializes in race safety technology, unless the qualifying opposing poster is a safety engineer himself, shut-up.

I hope this company does make non-pretty functional parts, because I will buy lots an lots of stuff along with many other people that you wont hear from on NSX prime because they gave up chiming in long ago.

I'm tired of the race car builders leaving prime. there most all gone.
Patricio,

joe schmoe here... I have almost every honda OEM nsx-r part on my nsx and i have personel first had experience with Procar, downforce and a variety of vendors. I don't appreciate or understand your negatiive attitude about procar. what did procar do to you? My experience has been that detlefs parts are of the highest quality and he has been very prompt and professional to work with. -- With fewer then 10K made and fewer then 1000 02-05 we need to welcome and support vendors that are producing good parts and are efficient to deal with. When you look at the market for after market nsx parts, any vendor that produces them is either doing it as a labor of love, as you wont get rich selling parts for such a low volume car.

I don't have any thing against procar I have a problem with the attitude that other vendors get when compared to a high priced fancy items from procar. They have there purpose don't get me wrong and if its perfect to the last millimeter you desire than go head procar is your guy. There parts are of the prettiest quality.

But for us duct tape, and run it again guys, I could care less how many tight your seems are, and whether or not the under part of my CF hood is shiny. We need vendors that understand that there is huge market for parts that serve purpose and look good enough to be on a street car. Procar is for show quality cars not street/track cars.

you are making it seem as if theres no interest for making parts for 02+ NSX's and thats a labor of love, thats crap, the real problem is that everyone on this site thinks they are qualified to "test" every vendor that shows an interest and then make the same repetitive nonsense arguments. Eventually many reputable vendors just give up, and tell you guys to shove it. If I was to spend 5k for a hood it better be on a Carrera GT.

As far as OEM type-R goes, what is that supposed to mean? Who cares if its OEM type-r? Type-r is Honda's mediocre excuse for a dealer optioned race version, thats where Honda drops the ball over and over. Audi, BMW, Porsche, MB, heck even Ford, and GM all have real development that goes into there "Race" version along with a specifically designed engine and drive train, even Subaru shows real effort in what there cars can do when in race trim. Honda did not understand that blueprinting an engine, losing 300lbs and tightening the suspension, was not on par with what "race" version of Exotic cars are supposed to do. I love the look of the type-r because I love the NSX, but Honda dropped the ball, everyone knows it. Type-r should have been a 50% power increase and with its own engine & drive train, and a little more than a front lip, comon, not even a unique bumper? they added a front and rear lip, thats cute...:rolleyes: thats the main reason Honda could not steal the Ferrari & P-car guys. What I'm trying to explain is that OEM Type-R means "mediocre OEM attempt at a styling upgrade". My point is that type-r does not warrant extravagant OEM pricing and pricey replicated parts from procar. Seibon and VIS can do it for a 1/4 of the price, you telling me it takes 5k to make a nice hood? I really sense some labor of love when the guy is profiting 80% of that. In the meantime lets give every other vendor that comes here a hard time and protect the overprice vendor. I would not be surprised if the actual vendor himself uses multiple Prime profiles to manipulate and raise question to the integrity of other vendors to control the market.

I see more and more why Dali racing dose not even bother with prime anymore. He charges 3/4 of the price for most services and products and gets bashed constantly because its seems he refuses to brown nose all the know it alls on here, who think they know something.

Last edited:
patricio

your seibon and vis are not even carbon fiber. they are fiberglass with a carbon fiber top layer. These parts are purely for looks only and don't fit as good as stock oem and weigh more. So if you just want the CF look, and don't mind putting a worse quality part on your nsx, these parts are for you. Being the "duct tape" guy you proclaim to be, i guess that is fine.

Understand, there are some of us here that want parts that fit as good and function better then OEM. That is why some of buy from Procar, OEM honda nsx-r or perhaps axispower racing. We are looking at quality of construction, quality of fit and don't mind paying extra for it.

As far as your comments about the nsx-r... i totally disagree. if you have ever researched the actual performance of the nsx-r you would understand that it performed quite well versus the f360, 996 gt3 etc. Point being people didn't buy the nsx-r becuase it wasn't even available (if it was i would have) OR becuase they preferred to spend there money on either italian or german cars. (nothing wrong with that). if you look at what ferrari did with the challenge stradale (loss of 200lbs and minimal hp gain) as well as lamborghini with the superleggera (loss of 200lbs with 15hp gain). then honda was ahead of itself with what it did with the nsx-r.

Agaiin, i have no problem with axispower racing, i bought a procar front bumper beam but have not yet purchased a rear cf beam and i'm considering the axispower beam due to the fact that so far it appears to have a cost advantage and offer the required quality. Please don't start comparing it to vis or seibon.. becuase it is actually quality and those brands are for looks only.

Last edited:
Ok girls.....any yahoos can open a shop and call it "xyz-motorsports or abc racing". There are too many of them in Calif. Its fine with me as they have the right to make money and charge any price they desire but once you turn the 1st page, most of them are bling meisters. It makes a good tv show but nothing to show on the track.

There are magazine racers, bench racers, and real racers....you know who you are and you should do your homework before you spend.

Last edited:
patricio

your seibon and vis are not even carbon fiber. they are fiberglass with a carbon fiber top layer. These parts are purely for looks only and don't fit as good as stock oem and weigh more. So if you just want the CF look, and don't mind putting a worse quality part on your nsx, these parts are for you. Being the "duct tape" guy you proclaim to be, i guess that is fine.

understand, there are Some of us here that want parts that fit as good and function better then OEM. That is why some of buy from Procar, OEM honda nsx-r or perhaps axispower racing. We are looking at quality of construction, quality of fit and don't mind paying extra for it.

As far as your comments about the nsx-r... i totally disagree. if you have ever researched the actual performance of the nsx-r you would understand that it performed quite well versus the f360, 996 gt3 etc. point being people didn't buy the nsx-r becuase it wasn't even available (if it was i would have) OR becuase they preferred to spend there money on either italium or german cars. (nothing wrong with that). if you look at what ferrari did with the challenge stradale (loss of 200lbs and minimal hp gain) as well as lamborghini with the superleggera (loss of 200lbs with 15hp gain). then honda was ahead of itself with what it did with the nsx-r.

Agaiin, i have no problem with axispower racing, i bought a procar front bumper beam but have not yet purchased a rear cf beam and i'm considering the axispower beam due to the fact that so far it appears to have a cost advantage and offer the required quality. Please don't start comparing it to vis or seibon.. becuase it is actually quality and those brands are for looks only.

My main point was that this guy makes race parts, not pretty parts. Procar makes very high quality pretty parts. Axispower makes very high quality Functional parts. TWO entirely different markets.

Your CF beam is a nice item not offered by anyone else which procar came up with on their own, and I too have considered buying one, I personally don't have a problem with procar what I have a problem with is the people that buy their POSEUR parts. Not every thing procar makes is for poseurs they do make some very useful track driven parts such as your CF beam and their Tein lighter springs among a couple other parts. Its the people on prime that talk about carbon fiber and their perfect overpriced procar hoods and spoilers in the same sentance that just screams poseur.

In my eyes function has more value than fitment. CF in not intended to be pretty and the desirability of owning a "pretty" CF part makes someone "poseur". CF material is not perfection friendly. Its very uneconomical to make perfect and basically pointless.

And yes FRP w/ CF top is 30% lighter than aluminum given the same thickness, contrary to you claiming a VIS hood is heavier than stock, that is untrue. and fitment is 90% as good as stock if you think paying 6x more to gain that extra 10% or even claiming procar makes better than stock fittment parts? wow that is very very wrong, better than OEM? thats one hell of a claim that no one will back up

Last edited:
Pratrio
I havent called you any names and would appreciate the same.

1) you seem to be under the impression that race quality cf needs to look like crap. Quite the contrary in the real world race quality cf is typically pre-preg or "dry" cf. this is the material in the following: mugen s2000 hood, oem nsx-r hood, 360 challenge door panels, mirrors, rear window trim, etc, and almost the entire carrera gt and ferrari enzo bodies. the point is race quality cf is made to be light and strong, this is done using pre-preg cf and an autoclave. these parts look like art when completed. if you want to see something nice look at the inner door panels (exposed cf) on a ferrari enzo, 360 challege or 430 scuderia. these clearly aren't poser pieces, they are light strong and expensive to be sure but they are done properly. the poseur pieces are the low quality vis and siebon pieces that are fiberglass with cf layer.

2) i'm sure the axis power racing bumper beam is high quality as well.

3)your assertion that a vis or seibon fiberglass / cf hood is lighter then aluminum is false. on my s2000 i weighed both an the stock s2000 aluminum hood was lighter by 3 pounds. I haven't done the same test with my nsx, but i did save 8lbs from the stock aluminum hood going to dry carbon on the nsx.

again these hoods are low quality (not bad-- just low quality) and not a performance part. they are also not race parts. they would propably be dangerous in an accident. if you want to see the best CF i have ever seen you should look at a dry carbon mugen hood for a honda s2000.

Some people want function and fitment which I don't really see a problem with.. Here's a perfect example.. looks like art to me, but it does fetch a pretty penny. :wink:

auto-show-photos1.jpg

Pratrio
I havent called you any names and would appreciate the same.

1) you seem to be under the impression that race quality cf needs to look like crap. Quite the contrary in the real world race quality cf is typically pre-preg or "dry" cf. this is the material in the following: mugen s2000 hood, oem nsx-r hood, 360 challenge door panels, mirrors, rear window trim, etc, and almost the entire carrera gt and ferrari enzo bodies. the point is race quality cf is made to be light and strong, this is done using pre-preg cf and an autoclave. these parts look like art when completed. if you want to see something nice look at the inner door panels (exposed cf) on a ferrari enzo, 360 challege or 430 scuderia. these clearly aren't poser pieces, they are light strong and expensive to be sure but they are done properly. the poseur pieces are the low quality vis and siebon pieces that are fiberglass with cf layer.

2) i'm sure the axis power racing bumper beam is high quality as well.

3)your assertion that a vis or seibon fiberglass / cf hood is lighter then aluminum is false. on my s2000 i weighed both an the stock s2000 aluminum hood was lighter by 3 pounds. I haven't done the same test with my nsx, but i did save 8lbs from the stock aluminum hood going to dry carbon on the nsx.

again these hoods are low quality (not bad-- just low quality) and not a performance part. they are also not race parts. they would propably be dangerous in an accident. if you want to see the best CF i have ever seen you should look at a dry carbon mugen hood for a honda s2000.

Socalx,
Sorry we wasted each others time here. I got to prepare for the Cannonball Run next week. Enjoy your parts.

I have driven all the cars you mentioned on the track and replaced a 16k bumper on a friends carrera GT myself couple months ago.
I know overpriced parts when I see them. All the cars you mentioned are 10x the price of a NSX. 360 challenge door panels are 7k a piece

Good luck vendor, I hope your parts come through as intended.

First I Would Like To Thank Everyone For The Support So Far. And Right I Build Real Race Car Parts. Even Thought There Race Car Parts The Parts I Produce Still Fit Very Well And Last For Years And Years Without Worry. But There Meant To Be Painted, Theres Going To Be Seams, Weave Wont Be Exactly Straight. There Race Car Parts. The Same Sort Of Parts I Got From Reynard When They Were In Business, Lola Car Ltd. And Partner Those Are Some Very Exspensive Parts You Guys Have Not Even Any Idea On What Pricey Carbon Parts Are Believe Me!! I Have Thrown This Out There Many Times As I Have Been Making Parts For A Long Time And Here It Is, Anytime Another Vendor Want To Have A "parts Showdown" For Weight To Strength Ratio Im In..

So Again Thanks All For The Support And Ps Theres An Average Of 52 Pounds Of Body Filler In The Porsche Gt!!! Sorry For The All Caps.

One More Point On The Rear Bumper Beam Is This. This Part Could Have Looked Just As Nice As A Procar Part No Problem But I Had To Weight Tooling Cost And Time Versus How Many I Was Actualy Going To Sell. My Crystal Ball Is Broken And In The Shop And Its Unclear When Its Going To Be Fixed. So Until Then I Have To Carefully Choose Which Parts To Produce And How They Actualy Need To Look. Bumper Beams Are Hidden So Blow A Mold Out Quickly That Will Work Well For A Reasonable Amount Of Time To Satisfy Need. If I Thought There Was Going To Be An Insane Amount Of Interest Thousands Would Have Been Spent On Tooling To Make This Part And It Would Have Looked Much Better But Still Worked The Same As Current Version.

Just Thought I Would Add That Too.

It looks like 98Reynard does great work, too thin perhaps, but that can be remedied, and most all of our parts don't really need autoclaving. Thank you 98 for taking an interest in us, my remark about race cars falling apart was not meant personally. Regarding Procar being too expensive, we would have to know what their parts go for in Germany to judge, their before exchange price to us is very good IMO. R stuff maybe another story, but they are the only vendor on the planet for that, right? You won't get an experienced CF outfit to do anything for less than $600 bucks, it's not their fault our dollar is dying. These are not mass produced parts by some burger king worker. If you want real CF, you have to pay up. Getting perfect weaves for the high gloss guys is quite a feat. Most body shops would charge $300-400 just for the clear coat. I sure would hate to wreck a car with a full set of Procar goodies though. :frown:

I am wondering.

Does anyone know the precise measurements of the OEM Honda rear beam??

With that I mean how high and deep the beam is in inches and/or cm to fit inside the bumper valence.

Back