Rear Camera looks like Sxxt, Please help !

Can you post a pic? Mine is terrible too.

I've noticed basically all of the Acura cameras struggle if it is too bright outside. The sunlight causes them to become washed out. They also lack clarity when trying to show anything that has high contrast, basically the sun is out but the car is casting a shadow and the quality ends up looking pretty poor.

Here is basically what I see:
nsx_rear_cam_e59fe84b95f5ae2ebf8be2d6cc3ff45724200223.jpg

yuck

[QU

OTE=Vic55;1983078]Here is basically what I see:
nsx_rear_cam_e59fe84b95f5ae2ebf8be2d6cc3ff45724200223.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is out of focus. My camera is in perfect focus.

Have you tried the other settings (bottom left)? It looks like there are 3 and the one you have selected may be fish-eyed if the symbol has any meaning..

Have you tried the other settings (bottom left)? It looks like there are 3 and the one you have selected may be fish-eyed if the symbol has any meaning..

Those are just angles but dont clear up the camera... sadly

can you post pics of your screen???

Last edited:
Cstraly is correct. The fisheye view, by the laws of physics, can never be in focus across the entire frame. The middle view and the downward looking views should be sharp and focused; if they're not, then I'd say there's a problem with your camera system.

Cstraly is correct. The fisheye view, by the laws of physics, can never be in focus across the entire frame. The middle view and the downward looking views should be sharp and focused; if they're not, then I'd say there's a problem with your camera system.

Ill swap it over and review (I believe when I did at delivery it was still blurry). As for the wide angle, on my 2018 E63S (now departed) the resolution on wide and direct angles was very clear; maybe not perfect but acceptable. I just use my human back up camera (my head LOL) so this is just more of a niggle.

Wife's '17 MDX is the same. Poor resolution and also jerky.

This is not a camera. It's a potato. I used to complain about my Range Rover's camera and now I know how good I had it. What makes it a lot worse is the guide lines are wildly inaccurate as well. They are about 1-2 feet off where the car is actually going to end up. It's a joke really and in this car it's a real necessity because there is no alternative way of seeing behind the car as you're backing up. I wonder if some of us just have really bad cameras?

Back