Real price on a beat up NSX?

Here are some pics I got from my sis cam. My garage isn't huge so it's hard to get a good pic but we got some decent ones.

DSC_4028.jpg

DSC_4022.jpg

My dog playing with a ball too :D
DSC_4018.jpg

Three more pictures I took. All these are kind of artsy type of pics so you can't see the entire car clearly but they look cool either way :D.

DSC_4048.jpg

DSC_4049.jpg

DSC_4065.jpg

Wow! congrats!! Looks great. Your first post made it sound like total crap. As far as cosmetics, a good paint correction/detail would do wonders on the body. Some tlc and I think that car could be look and run excellent.

Hey man come by sometime so I can see it. I will help you with some fixes.

It's funny so I just registered the car today, inspected it, etc. The people at the RMV were thinking I was crazy for spending the amount I did for a 1991 Acura lol. The guy who did my inspection called me an lucky a**hole :D

I need to take it to Mitch to do the tb/wp work and also to fix my tie rods + bushing. I think the bushings are dried up and that's why I hear rattling noise at that speed because I usually slow down to 15mph-25mph whenever I see bumps/train tracks coming up ahead.

Dave maybe I can go over some time this week and you can check it out. I'll PM you soon.

Last edited:
I dont know I think I still love the 15/16 rims sizes on the NSX

16/17 look good to. but the 17/17 I think looks OK

and anything over factory I think makes the car look stupid.

18/19 19/20 half inch of rubber must be a bumpy ride. I like to keep my lunch when i get to my destination not throw it up

bumpy bumpy bump no thanks

18/19 19/20 half inch of rubber must be a bumpy ride. I like to keep my lunch when i get to my destination not throw it up

+1 Totally agree. I think the OEM "fat fives" look great on a Sebring Silver NSX especially- I've been trying to convince Bromley to go back to them. :)

After finishing my 2nd shift job I came home and started to do my transmission oil change tonight.

I managed to do it without major complication. I don't have a torque wrench though so I just tightened it till the point that it felt like tightening anymore would just require too much effort. (I need to get myself a good snap-on torque wrench.)Took the car out for a quick 5 min spin around the neighborhood and to my delight it feels much better when shifting. I didn't grind into 3rd when shifting normally. (I'll need to test it out tomorrow when I get a chance to drive a little quicker though and see if it grinds when I shift quickly). So my biggest concern was resolved as of now.

Although it looks like I may need to change my oil pan gasket and head gaskets. It looks like there is some oil residue on the motor. I'm goint to have to get in there, wipe it all off, and then recheck a couple days later to see if I have any signs of oils leaks. Hopefully it's just old oil that was never cleaned off. Might be a good time to get some simple green and just detail the engine bay.

Then the next thing I need to fix is the tie rods and bushings. Then the TB and WP. Also I already have a new Shine Spec-GT lip coming in + sos stealth license plate bracket is coming in as well :). Need to get rid of this lip that's hanging off the bumper ASAP!

Last edited:

I partially agree it does look good on the Sebring Silver but personally I feel like the "fat five" makes the NSX look old. I felt the same way with my 93' MR2 that comes with some "fat fives" as well. I'm thinking next year I'll change the wheels on my NSX. For now I got more important things to focus on.

Congrats MR! She's a real beauty! I remember reading your early posts on here, and am glad to hear you finally got one after all these years. :smile:

Very nice! What brand transmission oil did you use to refill the car with?

post some pics during daylight when you get a chance.

I used Honda's white cap transmission fluid. :)

I'll see if I can get some of the day pics that my sis took on Saturday to post up unfortunately I don't have the camera so I'll probably get a chance to do that this weekend.

UPDATE: I just drove the car again a little faster, did quick shifts and man o man how much difference changing the fluid in the transmission makes. Got to wait for next week to do the work on my tie rods/steering assembly. Also removed the spare and stuff in the trunk. Nice little weight reduction I guess :).

Last edited:
If you want to borrow my torque wrench let me know. Head gaskets are a very common issue... had to replace those in my '03.

is there some inside joke about Shawn?:rolleyes: let me know so I can laugh to.

LOL just kidding I dont wanna know :smile:

anyway what did you offer them?

they will probably wait till some smuck
that is driving a lowered 93 Integra coupe with dice on the mirror that saved up his money to buy it.

since you spotted all of this NSX's previous owner's neglect,
if you got it for a low price due to all the damages, and put some money into it and got her back up to Perfect shape, you could

1... have fun doing it
2...can take pride in what you did
3...keep the car
4... sell the car and break even
5... hold onto the car and when( and it will ) be worth more down the road than sell it for a profit

it does have low miles and a clean title right.

a wise investment. I think

you only live once. so I say do it.....!
+1, i'd do the same,

Although that depends on technical skill level, and how determined some one is to put all the work in.
Huge amount of projects don't get finished because of this.

Last edited:
My Shine GT lip came in but I think I'm going to have to repaint the lip black because it looks a bit like the plastic has some uneven coloring to it.

On another note:
I also discovered a couple of gouges in the passenger side "side skirt" the other day. It's so low though it's hard to tell unless you actually lift the car up. I fixed the aspirator fan as well since it was making some crazy noise.

Next little project is to repaint all the interior Trim pieces. Most of the trim pieces are de-laminating and not installed properly so I think I might pull them out and paint them glossy black. I also need to fix the knee padding panel which has the leather peeling off the panel.

I'll try to get some day time pics of the car and all the blemishes this weekend so you guys can see why I was a bit reluctant at first.

Good news - now what I'm going to tell you next will come as a surprise.....move down to Florida next door or in the neighborhood of Shawn so he can instruct you "grasshopper"!

You're gonna need some help on this car and get your wallet ready cause that tranny is going to need some synchros and rebuilding it sounds like to me. If 3rd is doing that then second is too - another reason to move to a warm climate -the syncros work a lot better in warm weather -don't they Shawn....:biggrin:

Seriously - it's going to be a project and you'll have a car now - you've joined up here and if you started at 12 - man you're doing pretty well. I hope you got a super good deal cause I have a feeling you will be investing around 10k in this one. Good luck! We're all with you and looking forward to reports on der fixer upper....:wink:

Raven, Instead of painting the interior trim pieces gloss black, consider using Duplicolor flat black. It looks more OEM and will not exaggerate any surface imperfections the way that gloss paint will. I used a light coat of Rustoleum textured black paint under the top coat and it is a close math to the texture found on the AC trim. You should also pain the AC trim while you're at it for a perfect match with the painted the center console.
See pic below for the results from this paint combination.

Attachments

• CIMG6159.jpg
    CIMG6159.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Raven, Instead of painting the interior trim pieces gloss black, consider using Duplicolor flat black. It looks more OEM and will not exaggerate any surface imperfections the way that gloss paint will. I used a light coat of Rustoleum textured black paint under the top coat and it is a close math to the texture found on the AC trim. You should also pain the AC trim while you're at it for a perfect match with the painted the center console.
See pic below for the results from this paint combination.

Thanks for the recommendation I'll consider doing the flat black instead. Only reason I was going to do gloss black is because I saw a thread where someone painted their trim glossy black and it looked kind of sexy :D.

Or you can do silver like the 02+ cars, and also match your exterior.

Man that car looks GREAT! :biggrin: You had to expect that comment from me! I sure wish I knew how to post pics on here. I've got some great ones of my dash! I'll try again - I really should be able to do it. Great pics though and I'm sure you are a happy guy! Good luck with it!

It's funny so I just registered the car today, inspected it, etc. The people at the RMV were thinking I was crazy for spending the amount I did for a 1991 Acura lol.

Brings back memories... on my maiden voyage home a Utah State Trooper pulled me over, looked at my bill of sale and said "you paid that for a 91 Acura?' :eek: :eek: I said, "yes." He looked at me like I was an idot and let me go.

Here I thought I purchased it for a very decent price.

Congrats on your purchase.. enjoy getting it the way you want it.

Last edited:
Alright I just borrowed my sister digital SLR to take some day time pics of the NSX so you guys can see all the little things I nit picked about and some of the recently discovered stuff. Also it's shows the newly installed Shine GT Lip and the hidden plate with the use of SOS Stealth Plate system.

First the pics of the whole car from different angles. It looks good from a distance.:redface:
DSC_4442.jpg

DSC_4438.jpg

DSC_4437.jpg

DSC_4400.jpg

Interior pics:
DSC_4423.jpg

DSC_4413.jpg

DSC_4414.jpg

DSC_4432.jpg

Engine bay pictures:
DSC_4429.jpg

DSC_4430.jpg

Now the list of issues:

Gouges/scratches on the side skirt:
DSC_4439.jpg

Scratches and cracking paint on rear bumper:
DSC_4436.jpg

Visible patch up on upper front bumper:
DSC_4401.jpg

DSC_4404.jpg

Damaged lower front bumper: (Also I want to get rid of these fog lights they look so tacky with the yellow blue bulbs.)
DSC_4402.jpg

DSC_4403.jpg

Scratches and fading paint on the roof/cabin area:
DSC_4405.jpg

DSC_4410.jpg

DSC_4411.jpg

DSC_4412.jpg

Bad touch ups to scratches :
DSC_4408.jpg

DSC_4428.jpg

Scratches/gouges on wheels:
DSC_4427.jpg

DSC_4426.jpg

DSC_4425.jpg

DSC_4424.jpg

Interior blemishes:
DSC_4418.jpg

DSC_4417.jpg

DSC_4434.jpg

DSC_4433.jpg

That's basically it all that's left that I would need to repair in the future. Most of the exterior stuff will go away when I eventually repaint it (Hopefully next year it will change to Magnum Grey Pearl although the Sebring Silver is starting to grow on me :redface:) Interior stuff is all minor and with a couple hundred dollars the interior will look just as good as it used to.

Last edited:
no big deal allot of people replace the sideskirt/wheels anyways,you can get them dirt cheap in the classified.you can also get something call doctor colorchips to cover up some of those scatches in the meantime,but a trip to the paintshop for the exterior and car audio shop for the interrior will have that looking new again.

Yeah dump the fog lights. Is the exhaust stock?

Those tires... eh...

Back