RE-11 on closeout at TireRack...

Could it be? A great deal for a great tire, but only "until current inventory is depleted". Are these being discontinued?

Could it be? A great deal for a great tire, but only "until current inventory is depleted". Are these being discontinued?

Correct, the RE-11a's are out now.

I just got those re11 for rear.. And kumho ecsta for front..Less then 100 miles..
Anyone interested with stock wheel?

Does this mean there is even less selection of tires for the nsx

Are they sized for NSX OEM 16/17? They didn't pop up in any of my searches.

They never did for me previously, I would have to change the front tire size (I can't forget the exact size right now)

My RE-11a's for the ITR just showed up today, I've been using normal RE-11's on it since they came out so hopefully they're not disappointing. I guess it's a compound that is designed more for autox so they heat up a little quicker but nose off faster. Which will not matter if you're not tracking anyway. My friend that is sponsored by Bridgestone just got a bunch of sets in and he said they're great for the first 15 minutes of heavy abuse then start to get a little loose.

The best part is that it's a 200tw instead of 180tw now, so now you can use it in chump/lemons :)

I noticed that the clearance price is exactly the same as the RE-11a as I just bought a pair of RE-11a for the S2000 rear.
Now the S2000 has RE-01 on the front and RE-11a on the rear.

Last edited:
Looks like the RE11A comes in 245/40R17 for our rears but not the 215/45R16 for our front. :(

go with the 205 for the front. You will not be disappointed. I actually prefer the 205s.
+1.when guys on here helped me realize that 205's are fine on the front,that let me get some re-11's, which i have been very happy with. i think the quality of the tire trumps the smaller number,and they also run fairly wide,so are probably as wide as some 215's.

205/55R16 in the front it is! RE11A here I come.

Are 10mm gonna make a difference? Neither the RE11 nor the RE11A are available in 205/45 series on tirerack

You gotta remember that the 45 and 55 are not actual millimeter dimensions, but aspect ratios dependent upon the width of the tire (205 mm).

Hmm, I see. So a 55 won't fit? Or it'll just look weird?

I'm not sure if it will fit or not, but my guess is that it'll definitely look "tall".

The O.E. RE010 215/45R16 has an overall diameter of 23.5"
The RE-11A 205/55R16 has an overall diameter of 24.9"

^^ And this difference will cause a problem with traction control, which expects the front tire to be ~5% smaller than the rear tire.

The above is correct. 205/55-16 will NOT fit the front. The outer diameter is huge - about as big as the NSX rear tires. It will definitely cause problems for the TCS and it will probably rub big-time.

The RE-11 was available in 205/45-16, but the RE-11A is not available in that size (according to the specs on Bridgestone's website). So this tire is not an option for 16"/17" wheels on an NSX. Instead you'll need to get one of these:

Toyo Proxes R1R 205/45-16 and 245/40-17
Kumho Ecsta XS 215/45-16 and either 245/40-17 or 255/40-17
Falken Azenis RT-615K 215/45-16 and 255/40-17

The RE-11A is also not available in 215/40-17, so you can't use them with 17" front wheels on an NSX, either. The only sizes that fit the NSX are 205/50-15 and 225/50-16, for those with the original 15"/16" wheels from the '91-93 NSX.

Thanks nsxtasy. Toyo it is since I have tried the other two and preferred the Falken to the Kumho. Aint much left for this car...

Thanks nsxtasy. Toyo it is since I have tried the other two and preferred the Falken to the Kumho. Aint much left for this car...

Just run with the Kumho XS, awesome tire with similar grip to the RE's that you can get in OE sizing.

Just run with the Kumho XS, awesome tire with similar grip to the RE's that you can get in OE sizing.

Hmm , interesting, having now run the Falken and the Kumho, I felt much less "bite" turning in to corners on the Kumho...

Back