Ran in with Supercharged Viper SRT-10 at Crystal Cove today

nsxsupra said:
Thanks Ed,
Just wish it got short gears or 6spd. 2nd gear is way too tall to have fun on the street. I would love to test ride in any NSX with short gears.

I was just wondering if you had been back to Crystal Cove and talked with the Viper or F 430 owner about their view of what took place.

I believe your story as written and I know through personal experiences, anything can happen when your racing .:rolleyes:

Bob Kenney said:
I was just wondering if you had been back to Crystal Cove and talked with the Viper or F 430 owner about their view of what took place.
Yes, I went again last weekend, pulled 2 Crystal Cove 2 weeks in a roll. Its not easy to wake up 4:00am on Saturday morning. You can read it here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=672786&postcount=4
Pics here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74153
NetViper said:
Maybe the viper was spinning its tires all the way to 100MPH or he just can't put the power down to the ground at low speed like the NSX can.
Again, I did not meant to be disrespectful in anyway. If the guy didn't shout out "800hp thats why", "Supercharged". I would have been equally as pleased assuming he was just a bone stock SRT-10. Hard to tell his true power level from the first 2 runs, since it is from a dig. He actually did not span the tires, just chipped the tire between shifts. The 3rd run (roll on from 60~145mph+) basicly busted his bubble. I be surprised that car even got 500rwhp. Stock SRT-10 usually dyno around 420~440rwhp. Top down or not, there is no excuse for not putting on several bus length in roll on situations, unless he was accelerating from 60mph at 5th or 6th gear.

My boost gauge reads 7~7.5psi. Same boost gauge as the one in this video. I don't have to wait anywhere near as long to build boost though.

beckertb said:
As far as tracking (drag strip), before this last motor build, I was making 395 rwhp on the NSX and I turned an 11.99 @ 119 running Yoko AO32r's. In the viper with slicks an skinnines, a 9.92 @ 148. The NSX is a fun car and more forgiving (especially on a road course), but I just can't see others being able to replicate your outcome.
Ben,
I appreciate your input. The Viper did handed to me, just not very convincingly with his claimed "800hp thats why" comment.

942rwhp is significantly more than 680rwhp/800hp. You know as well as I know, running street tires is night and day difference compare to running properly heated/warmup slicks. I am guessing in any non roll on situations on the street. Your Viper is probably not significantly faster than your NSX as the RWHP difference suggests.

nsxsupra said:
Again, I did not meant to be disrespectful in anyway. If the guy didn't shout out "800hp thats why", "Supercharged". I would have been equally as pleased assuming he was just a bone stock SRT-10. Hard to tell his true power level from the first 2 runs, since it is from a dig. He actually did not span the tires, just chipped the tire between shifts. The 3rd run (roll on from 60~145mph+) basicly busted his bubble. I be surprised that car even got 500rwhp. Stock SRT-10 usually dyno around 420~440rwhp. Top down or not, there is no excuse for not putting on several bus length in roll on situations, unless he was accelerating from 60mph at 5th or 6th gear.

And I did not take it that way at all. No worries. I think your car is awesome.

I have seen a Viper run the 1/4 with the top off and then on and there was over a one second difference at the track... having the top off really slows them down. This is not the most aerodynamic car to start with and with the top off its really huffing and puffing through the atmosphere. I think this may have played a big factor as well as other issues like the fact that its a DODGE :smile:

street_racing_bad.jpg

Back