rain = attention

Another bad part is that I just sold them that Brembo front and rear big brake kit, SSR comps and Michelin Pilot Sport cups a week before the event. That's about $7000.00 worth of goodies! He had about another $5000.00 of other extra's installed at the same time from the shop I sold the upgrades to. Not fun :(((
A

Ps- The sport cups can be groved for the rain or not for the dry. These were the dry version, on a newly wet track :(

Really sorry to hear that. Good thing is that the driver was ok. Sadly the car sounds totaled after all the money was invested. But it's just money, money comes and goes. We only have one life....

note to myself - don't take my own car to the track unless i become a rich guy...

The way the rear left rim is torn apart concerns me... it looks like they have little strength in them at all (almost like plastic)

i think the tyres are designed like that; for varying weather/road conditions. but i'm no expert.

Joel said:
Why does everything happen to those Bimmer guys?

Interesting you should say that. On 8/9 at Pocono, there was a new M3 (heard less than 1,000 miles), that got totalled. He didn't negotiate the righthander on the backstraight (running 3 mile Double Infield configuration), went off track, hit a concrete barrier and rolled over. He was stretchered off but I heard he was ok. I also heard he had been blackflagged (for lack of track courtesy I think) 2x in that run and ignored them until the crash.

The way the rear left rim is torn apart concerns me... it looks like they have little strength in them at all (almost like plastic)

Here is one from May @ Road America. He was in front of me in the advanced group @ the braking markers going into 5. At first we thought the wheel failed....SSR Competition which have failed on other cars prior. We later found out the motor blew, throwing connecting rod back to the tire and caused the spin into the wall and then again into the wall across the track. Noone hurt.

Attachments

• my04-021.jpg
    my04-021.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 164
Back