Radiator Drain Plug on BACKORDER with no ETA?

isn't there a law that states that you must continue to make parts for 14-15 years after the last production for the used car market?
No.

I believe Honda's policy - not law - is to make parts available for five years, but even then, there may be discontinuations when substitutions are available (such as for trim colors). And of course, all NSXs are over five years old now.

These are generic plastic drain-cocks. Your local parts chain store probably has half a dozen on a rack for ~$5. I just bought a pair of them from an O'Reilly store.

If they are inexplicably not identical I'll edit this, but that'd be pretty unlikely.

isn't there a law that states that you must continue to make parts for 14-15 years after the last production for the used car market? I'm not sure but I think I read that somewhere a while back.

Since the NSX is mostly the same 91-05 with relatively small changes, I would think we should be able to get any part we need until 2019-2020

Or am I wrong

J

I've heard hearsay about a 10 year law, but if such a law exists at all, it's probably not enforced. I can think of instances where some parts were no longer available inside the 10 year window. If such a law exists, I'm sure there are stipulations that say that a comparable but not identical part is ok, for example, a black trim piece instead of a tan one, or it may be limited to items that are critical to keeping the car running, and safety systems, but not interior, trim, or convenience items.

Back