• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

R-Type Hood question?

Could you tell us your reasons why ?

I'm guessing this reason:
attachment.php

That looks like the Gen 1 hood.

Hrant said:
when reference is made to a hood being "nonfunctional," exactly what is being referred or meant by the person who is posting this claim?

The depth of the duct.

So a larger vent, with a deeper duct, such as the Gt-one hood, would be superior in functionality to the downforce version? :tongue:

Thank you for your input. Science of Speed has a carbon hood for $799 and he claims that he has no complaints of fitments from his clients,

I didn't have a fitment issue with the one I bought from SOS a few years ago. I bolted it right on and never adjusted anything else on the car.
It DID flex a bit @ highway speeds though.
I have since sold it and gone back with OEM and the new owner the hood seems very happy with it.

So a larger vent, with a deeper duct, such as the Gt-one hood, would be superior in functionality to the downforce version? :tongue:

FOR VIS HOODS:
Also Dali Racing is making the scoop for the NSXR hood by VIS that you can buy to make your $600 VIS NSXR hood just as functional as $1600 Downforce ones....Its your hard earned dollar waste it as you please....Or you can buy it from Dali and the money you save use it to paint the hood.

Functional hood would be great if I ever had a chance to drive my car that long or far. (If you have wife and kids, you'll know what I mean) Most of my trips are local maybe an hour or so with a little stop and go. I doubt I'll feel the difference in traffic. :confused:

To be honest, I just got one because I thought I liked that wannabe R-type look. Now, I'm having second thoughts about it and maybe going back to oem hood. Still not sure. It's just a shame to have the paint over the CF.
Update: Just put up for sale on Marketplace Prime.

Last edited:
Functional hood would be great if I ever had a chance to drive my car that long or far. (If you have wife and kids, you'll know what I mean) Most of my trips are local maybe an hour or so with a little stop and go. I doubt I've feel the difference in traffic. :confused:

To be honest, I just got one because I thought I liked that wannabe R-type look. Now, I'm having second thoughts about it and maybe going back to oem hood. Still not sure.

Well Gabe, give me a call if you want to sell it. I will buy it and I am local too you. I sold mine cause I needed money to do my interior but now its done so back to the hood again. I think it looks great painted and most people have no fitment issues with them. I just saw one in person 3 days ago and it fits PERFECT on that nsx.
Only time you can get full functional use out of the TypeR parts is when you push your car to it upmost limits, otherwise you would never know the difference. Like the hood and the wing and the undercarriage parts, if you can feel the difference on daily cruises you are TRIPPIN. But its nice to know you have it incase you want to push the car to it limits on the track...
BUt if you dont track often you are just wasting money.....

Well Gabe, give me a call if you want to sell it. I will buy it and I am local too you. I sold mine cause I needed money to do my interior but now its done so back to the hood again. I think it looks great painted and most people have no fitment issues with them. I just saw one in person 3 days ago and it fits PERFECT on that nsx.
Only time you can get full functional use out of the TypeR parts is when you push your car to it upmost limits, otherwise you would never know the difference. Like the hood and the wing and the undercarriage parts, if you can feel the difference on daily cruises you are TRIPPIN. But its nice to know you have it incase you want to push the car to it limits on the track...
BUt if you dont track often you are just wasting money.....

I hope you would stop promoting that buying our products is wasting money that is your opinion not a fact. Its simple you get what you pay for let me ask you this if we sold our hood for the same prices as some other vendors I think most people would buy ours. I have a vis hood on a customers car that we are converting to 02 headlights and its very clear why they are able to sell for cheaper I am not bath mouthing them they are simply providing a product for a price that they can sell them for.

how much are the gt-one hoods?

GT-one/GT-rom as a parent company is perhaps out of business...

The same hood is resold by Route-KS, Tracy Sport, and DJ, if he is still running his GT extreme outfit (resold by Kane/umbrella auto). By the time you box it, and air freight it over here, its about the same $ as the downforce hood.

The duct is larger, if that's a style you're partial to. I would say the fit is similar to the original downforce hood; close, but not perfect.

Back