R radio delete plate

Can anyone tell me how the type R radio delete plate attaches to the dash?

I'd be curious to see how you can make this work Dave. I also agree, it looks a bit unfinished. One of the few R parts i'm not a big fan of.

I bought this yesterday locally for $10. Don't ask. And...No, i'm not kidding lol

536432_578667648825084_624397430_n.jpg

I'll give you $20. You can double your profit and walk out....

Haha nice score Regan! I'm assuming the seller sold due to fitment issues. I have the same console and it took quite of a bit of work to get the console to fit... after thinking it over again and all the world I put in, I'd suggest maybe using some sort of rubber trim or 3m foam around it to seal up the larger than normal gaps. I actually modified my dash (sucked it in a bit through the brackets) but it was a PITA.

I'd be curious to see how you can make this work Dave. I also agree, it looks a bit unfinished. One of the few R parts i'm not a big fan of.

I bought this yesterday locally for $10. Don't ask. And...No, i'm not kidding lol

Thanks for the heads up Chris! I'm going to end up having CWood (he makes nice stuff!) do all the work for me so i'm sure it'll get hacked up. I'm not even sold on the CF look. I typically prefer the stock look. I have a 6.5" touchscreen monitor and a 2" diagnostic monitor, switches, and knobs. Have to do some mockups still..

I'll be using a recessed and angled monitor mounting system to improve the viewing angle as much as possible. Something like this but obviously not as nice.
lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4---35-opt.jpg

I bet I know where you got that.:wink:

Hi Turbo! I posted in Louis' post about the radio delete.

But the way I look at it is, the console needs to be removed and the plate is secured from behind before re-installing the console. I have not installed it yet, and I wouldn't be able to test fit it until I pick up a new center console. The one I have is similar to the one RYU posted now.

you would only know this if you signed up for a FB account and didn't tell me. i knew you'd cave...

No I haven't caved in, still no FB. But I do have spies on there.:wink: But that's not where I made my assumption from. I figured it was from someone we both know from down south of us.

Hi Turbo! I posted in Louis' post about the radio delete.

But the way I look at it is, the console needs to be removed and the plate is secured from behind before re-installing the console. I have not installed it yet, and I wouldn't be able to test fit it until I pick up a new center console. The one I have is similar to the one RYU posted now.

Thanks.

No I haven't caved in, still no FB. But I do have spies on there.:wink: But that's not where I made my assumption from. I figured it was from someone we both know from down south of us.
He didn't have any. I checked with him last week. He did confirm for me this morning this was one of his dud units! What that means I don't know but it might look like i'll be packing my lunch tomorrow to break even on expenses this week lol

Thanks for the heads up Chris! I'm going to end up having CWood (he makes nice stuff!) do all the work for me so i'm sure it'll get hacked up. I'm not even sold on the CF look. I typically prefer the stock look. I have a 6.5" touchscreen monitor and a 2" diagnostic monitor, switches, and knobs. Have to do some mockups still..

I'll be using a recessed and angled monitor mounting system to improve the viewing angle as much as possible. Something like this but obviously not as nice.
lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4---35-opt.jpg
Do you mean like this?001.jpg

Not quite. I'd like mine recessed in. I'm using a monitor that's only 1" thick so I have a ton more real estate back there. You probably did not because it looks like you're using a true double din unit.

Was that angle enough to make the screen viewable or did you wish for more?

Sudesh by any chance would you happen to have a picture of how it looks like mounted from the back? I just bout the newer nsx-r delete plate and I'm wondering how the screw and washers hold it in place.

Sudesh by any chance would you happen to have a picture of how it looks like mounted from the back? I just bout the newer nsx-r delete plate and I'm wondering how the screw and washers hold it in place.

Yeah I'm wondering how this works too. What does everything attach to?

Back