r/c cars..I need a starter box..help anyone?

Guys,

I've got a nitro 1/10 r/c car and I need a starter box to start it. Does anyone out there have a used one or know where to get a cheap one? I looked at tower hobbies but I'm hoping not to spend that much(close to $100).

Any help is appreciated, thanks
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

What kind of engine/starter brand do you have? I'm guessing you don't have a pull starter? I don't know which brand nitro car you have, but HPI racing has a complete break down of parts you can buy for any part of their nitro cars. You can even buy parts of the entire engine and build the engine by yourself if you like inflicting pain on yourself.

If it costs $100 for the starter box at Tower hobbies, I would recommend investing in a HPI Racing engine (Nitro Star 15) for a little over $100 at www.hpiracing.com as individual parts can be readily available. I've seen cheaper prices on ebay for the HPI racing engines. Oh by the way, you're probably looking at spending $60-$100 on starter boxes with $100 being on the high end.
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/engines/1615p2.jpg

[This message has been edited by johndoh (edited 08 March 2002).]

You should get the OFNA with 12V heavy duty gel pack battery and the built in front panel contacts for the glow igniter (comes with igniter too). You don't want to skimp on the starter box, especially if you're running one of the newer, high compression .12s. The cheap ones often don't have enough torque and may even burn up the electric motor(s). --twc

Thanks for the help guys.

I've got an HPI RS4 Nitro car, with all aluminum upgrades, O.S. .12 engine and tuned pipe, and some other stuff I can't remember. I do like the OFNA starter boxes but I don't think I want to spend that much when a universal box should work(correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyways, is anyone selling one(or know of someone who is)?

Thanks again.

Back