Quick question about 2002+ hoods

Does anyone know if the headlight outline on the 02+ hood match with the 91-2000 style bumper? As in are they the same width and match up, is what I am asking.

Does anyone know if the headlight outline on the 02+ hood match with the 91-2000 style bumper? As in are they the same width and match up, is what I am asking.

Sorry for the bad news, but the 2002+ hood is different than the 1991-2001.
Not same size.
It will not fit with the new 2002+ conversion.I was to believe I read somewhere on here that u can modify it to fit at a bodyshop,I would have to search and see.But I think the proper way is to upgrade the hood.

Maximumyield

Ok so the 02 hood headlight lines does not match the 91 style bumper? Cause I'm not trying to do a 02 coversion, just use the 02 bumper on the early 90 style without the 02 headllights or 02 bumper.

Do a search for the '02 conversion and you will find a list of all the parts needed.

Here is a list of a conversion from Downforce.
And here is the page listing Science of Speed's conversions.

If I'm not mistaken, this is a pretty good list of the items:

60100-SL0-A91ZZ HOOD 1 2002 NSX

71140-SL0-010 FRAME, FR. BUMPER CENTER (UPPER)
71111-SL0-000ZZ SKIRT, FR. BUMPER
71110-SL0-010 SPOILER, FR. AIR
04711-SL0-A91ZZ FACE, FR. BUMPER

33101-SL0-A04 HEADLIGHT UNIT, R. (HID)
33151-SL0-A04 HEADLIGHT UNIT, L. (HID)

33126-SL0-A01 COVER, RUBBER TIMES 2
33146-SL0-A01 GASKET, SEAL (2)TIMES 2
33145-SL0-A01 GASKET, SEAL (1) TIMES 2
33127-SL0-A01 COVER (1) TIMES 2

33119-S6M-003 CONTROL UNIT
33129-S5A-J01 IGNITER, HID

HTH

Ok so the 02 hood headlight lines does not match the 91 style bumper? Cause I'm not trying to do a 02 coversion, just use the 02 bumper on the early 90 style without the 02 headllights or 02 bumper.

Why don't you buy this bumper?

mc_bumper_a.jpg

05.jpg

Here is the thread to purchase them..

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99080

The hood does not line up with the headlights, the fenders or the front bumper as far as I know. You cannot mix and match 02+ with older parts.

the 02 hood has that curve and the 91 is more of a square, but is it possible that if you were to cut the 02 hood just like the 91 for the headlights, would it work?

The hood does not line up with the headlights, the fenders or the front bumper as far as I know. You cannot mix and match 02+ with older parts.

Correctomundo. There ain't no cheap way to do the 02+ conversion.

NSXEXY said:
the 02 hood has that curve and the 91 is more of a square, but is it possible that if you were to cut the 02 hood just like the 91 for the headlights, would it work?

You might able to get the hood on but at the very least there will be a serious gap where the 02+ hood curves out at the side edge. It will look awfully goofy.

N Spec said:

You won't be able to fit the 02+ bumper on with the 91-01 headlights. Your original question was regarding the hood though...

Anyway, as KSXNSX points out none of the 02+ parts are interchangeable with the 91-01 parts (hood, lights, bumper). You need to replace them all at once.

Oem hood, is ~1500 from the dealier ~700 used. Headlight housings bare are ~ 1500 from the dealer at a big discount. the oem hid items for hte headlights are another ~600-800. or you can go aftermarket for around 150-200. i believe the upper and lower front bumpers are around 800.00 HTH.and you also need the upper aluminum frame and other misc pieces.

Do a search for the '02 conversion and you will find a list of all the parts needed.

Here is a list of a conversion from Downforce.
And here is the page listing Science of Speed's conversions.

If I'm not mistaken, this is a pretty good list of the items:

60100-SL0-A91ZZ HOOD 1 2002 NSX

71140-SL0-010 FRAME, FR. BUMPER CENTER (UPPER)
71111-SL0-000ZZ SKIRT, FR. BUMPER
71110-SL0-010 SPOILER, FR. AIR
04711-SL0-A91ZZ FACE, FR. BUMPER

33101-SL0-A04 HEADLIGHT UNIT, R. (HID)
33151-SL0-A04 HEADLIGHT UNIT, L. (HID)

33126-SL0-A01 COVER, RUBBER TIMES 2
33146-SL0-A01 GASKET, SEAL (2)TIMES 2
33145-SL0-A01 GASKET, SEAL (1) TIMES 2
33127-SL0-A01 COVER (1) TIMES 2

33119-S6M-003 CONTROL UNIT
33129-S5A-J01 IGNITER, HID

HTH

I'm getting a quote of $5211 for all of these parts OEM from dealer.
This is all I need to do the conversion?

Last edited:
Would I need one ignitor/control for each headlight?
Also, since the headlight switch would normally activate the flip up motors, would the wiring need to be modified to accomodate the HID?
Since I have the HID kits that Steve sells on here, can I reuse them? The HID are only for the low beams so would I need HID bulbs for the high beams or would I just use my same setup on those also?

what i think the OP is asking is about the line where the hood and front bumper get together...

picture this: we have a 91 NSX without headlights... we change the 91 bumper with a 02+ one... do the bumper and hood get together, or the 2 don't get along?? again, with no headlights in place

what i think the OP is asking is about the line where the hood and front bumper get together...

picture this: we have a 91 NSX without headlights... we change the 91 bumper with a 02+ one... do the bumper and hood get together, or the 2 don't get along?? again, with no headlights in place

The hood will go on but won't be flush with the bumper and you will not be able to get either set of headlights on if you have a 02+ hood with 91-01 bumper and vice versa.

no, you would have to cut a little of your 91-00 bumper to make the headlights fit

Also, since the headlight switch would normally activate the flip up motors, would the wiring need to be modified to accomodate the HID?
Since I have the HID kits that Steve sells on here, can I reuse them? The HID are only for the low beams so would I need HID bulbs for the high beams or would I just use my same setup on those also?

I don't know exactly what's needed but the lights are typically sold as a kit and I would imagine the little parts in the kit are essential.

My guy had no problem wiring the HIDs to run on the existing pop-up wiring. There was some very minor wire switching and cutting that I believe he had to do but but it was very minor and took 5 minutes.

I think HID high beam bulbs are fine but you might need to modify the existing wiring to accommodate them. The other option is to use non-HID bright whites for the high beams so it doesn't have that goofy yellow look next to the low-beam HIDs.

Downforce made a wiring harness for the light conversion. Might be an idea to drop DF or SOS an email, they might be able to help with the harness. I had this harness- 3 wire cut from the flip-up headlights and connect to the 'new' harness. Then plug to 02 OEM HID(in my case) and that's it. HTH

Downforce made a wiring harness for the light conversion. Might be an idea to drop DF or SOS an email, they might be able to help with the harness. I had this harness- 3 wire cut from the flip-up headlights and connect to the 'new' harness. Then plug to 02 OEM HID(in my case) and that's it. HTH

Thanks for the tip.

downforce has a complete set for headlight conversion.

buy headlights from someone around 1300-1500. or dealer
get VIS CF type R hood 750
OEM front bumper + lip from dealer. Aftermarket fiber glass bumper doesn't guarantee that it wont crack late. OEM is the only choice
DF has all other MISC parts for headlight conversion, and price is fair. go get from them.

dealer discount is 25%

total can come around 4500-5000. GL

u dont need anything to convert your front bumper. someone just converted his car, and told me that the auto shop used most of his 97 front parts.

Last edited:

91-00 bumper is wider where it meets the 02 hood, by about an inch on each side.

I often get tailgated when I had the Honda logo on. Maybe they think since it is a Honda if they bumped the rear it would be cheap to fix (not). So I stick the Acura logo on and tailgating become less. :smile:

Haha how many questions do you get about that "A" symbol on the NSX nose in Brunei?? I bet even the Honda enthusiasts do a double take and scratch their heads!

Back