Questions on 2002 and Newer

I love my '91 Sebring Silver...and won't part with it.

I would like an open headlamp "version", as well.

From those that own one (or those that know) are there any particular "glitches" with the 2002 and newer cars?

Any "heads-up" info...that would be helpful to know?

Your comments and advice are greatly appreciated!

I've had my 2002 for 6 years and 43,000 miles, car has been flawless, no issues, no regrets!! Go for it

I'd love to own an 02+ also. At first I didn't care for them, but they have grown on me...:smile:

I remember seeing this thread regarding the 02+ headlights.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71859

I also remember reading that the engines on 02+ were thought to have more horsepower. Some even say balanced and blueprinted. Not sure what the real story is but I am sure others will chime in.

The only negative I can think of is the OBDII with (4) o2 sensors in the exhaust.

I'm not a big targa fan and don't care for the extra weight. I would likely own an 02 up if there were a still a coupe version.

After owning a coupe for many years and now having a Targa I can say I like the coupe better overall but the Targa provides a lot of fresh fun as long as you add some TypeR chassis bars.

2001 was the last year for the optional coupe.

There is actually one. (not factory, but still) :smile:

5608large1.jpg

I love my '91 Sebring Silver...and won't part with it.

I would like an open headlamp "version", as well.

From those that own one (or those that know) are there any particular "glitches" with the 2002 and newer cars?

Any "heads-up" info...that would be helpful to know?

Your comments and advice are greatly appreciated!

As others have mentioned the "negatives" of an 02+ could be OBDII and the targa. Some owners also don't like the throttle-by-wire. Other than that it's safe to say each year NSX is an improvement on the NSX before it. No "glitches" to speak of--if anything less glitches as the years went on.

As far as the rumor of the Type-R motors it seems that there is some anecdotal evidence that the motors in 2003+ NSX may in fact be putting out numbers consistent with the Type-R balanced and blueprinted motors but it has never been confirmed by Honda nor has there been a decent sampling of hard evidence to support this.

Back