Questions about color

Why doesn't the "How Many NSXs Of A Given Type Are There?" include stats past 1998? Is the info not public or just not compiled here?

I asked an Acura rep whether I could get a new NSX in a Japan-only color (Midnight Pearl). He said yes, but it would take 4-5 months. Does anyone know if this is true?

How easy is it to change interior color, specifically on a '95 or '96 from tan to black?

Originally posted by joec:
Why doesn't the "How Many NSXs Of A Given Type Are There?" include stats past 1998? Is the info not public or just not compiled here?

The breakdown by color is not public. A friend at Acura HQ was kind enough to provide the breakdown to us in the past (through 1998) but has not done so since then, despite several requests.

I asked an Acura rep whether I could get a new NSX in a Japan-only color (Midnight Pearl). He said yes, but it would take 4-5 months. Does anyone know if this is true?

As far as I know, this is NOT TRUE. But if you want, go ahead and do it, and let us know how it turns out.

How easy is it to change interior color, specifically on a '95 or '96 from tan to black?

Well, you would have to swap all the pieces that are color-coordinated, including the seats, the carpets, the rocker panel covers, the lower door panels, and the rear panel behind the seats. It would take a while, whether you do it or someone else does it. You might not have to pay for parts if you could find someone who is interested in doing the reverse swap, so you could get your cars together and just swap the pieces.

However, if you haven't bought a car yet, and you care that much about the interior color, you would be much better off just waiting until you find a car in the color combination you're looking for.

...I asked an Acura rep whether I could get a new NSX in a Japan-only color (Midnight Pearl). He said yes, but it would take 4-5 months. Does anyone know if this is true?...

I have not heard of Acura custom-painting the exterior, but perhaps it can be arranged through your dealer. Please let us know if you decided to proceed down this path and/or it can be done. The stock colors for the new NSX's can be found on the official Acura website here.

Regards.

Originally posted by NSXaholic:
The breakdown by color is not public. A friend at Acura HQ was kind enough to provide the breakdown to us in the past (through 1998) but has not done so since then, despite several requests.

Too bad, it's fun info.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
As far as I know, this is NOT TRUE. But if you want, go ahead and do it, and let us know how it turns out...

Originally posted by NSXaholic:
Please let us know if you decided to proceed down this path and/or it can be done...

I expected a definitive "absolutely not" response. It would be very interesting to test this, but I'm not going to do it any time soon. Not in the budget right now, and the new headlights...

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
However, if you haven't bought a car yet, and you care that much about the interior color, you would be much better off just waiting until you find a car in the color combination you're looking for.

Plus keeping it original. I'll just have to wait.

Back