Question With Window Regulator

Hi Guys,

I am totally lost and need your help please.

I sent my driver's side window regulator out for rebuilt. I got the regulator back. When the regulator is reinstalled, I noticed a problem. When I tried to roll up the window by pressing up on the switch, the window goes down. When I tried to roll down the window by pressing down on the swith, the window goes up.

What am I doing wrong here or did I get the wrong regulator back? My friend seem to think that I got a passenger side regulator back in the mail.

Can someone please post a picture of what driver's side window regulator looks like in order for me to confirm my suspecion?

thanks

That's always nice. I haven't been in the door (yet) but it sounds like they switched the wires on the motor inadvertantly. I imagine the connector is a one way fit. I would call the company that rebuilt it, I would be willing to bet its an error on their part. It will be interesting to see the conclusion. Hopefully someone with direct experience will be able to shed further light on the problem. Good luck.

:redface:

but it sounds like they switched the wires on the motor inadvertantly. I imagine the connector is a one way fit.
:redface:[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are very smart! I contacted the company that rebuilt regulator. The guy said I should try to switch the wires. He didn't admit the error on their part, but this was what he mentioned that I should try.

I will give it another shot tonight to reinstall the regulator and see if it works. I will get my finding posted later.

Switching the wires will fix it for sure NOT to worry,a non issue other then you having to open her up again which always leaves the risk of scratching something which would really PMO.
Best Regards David

Hi Guys,

My frined an I attempted to fix the regulator problem last night. We tried to take out the calbe and put them back in. We couldn't take the cables out so my friend proceeded by taking the motor apart (the screws were lose on the motor mounting so we suspected the rebuilder took it apart). We did that and still couldn't figure out how to get the cables out.

Finally, we gave up and mounted the regulator back on the car. Guess what, the darn thing worked! The problem with the wrong direction of the window rolling up and down was gone!

It's a mistery what was wrong with it, but throught the reassembly of the motor, the problem was fixed.

My driver's side window rolls up slow. I know it's the regulator. I sent the regulator to Mirror Gurard for rebuilt. Alexander told me there was nothing wrong with the regulator and sent it back along with the refund. I was pleased with the overall service provided by him. The regulator works, but it's aged. It's doesn't have the original power rolling the window up and down. I think if I am so anal about it, I will need to just replace the regulator w/a new one or one from a later year car.

Back