Question about NSX imports

If you're living in central Tokyo (like I am), owning a car is more of a curse than a blessing. My building parking cost US$ 450 /mo. Like ajnsx said, along with all the other costs, and the fact that you're a foreigner, makes it not really feasible for car ownership.

My opinion would be just save more $$ and then buy one back in the US.

Good luck.

that was like, instantaneous :frown:

that was like, instantaneous :frown:

I just want an nsx bad and ive built up connections, only way i can afford it (and i can't really afford it, but i'm doing it anyway:biggrin:) The further from a large city centre you are the easier it is, still car candy land if you visit the numerous car customizing shops, race tracks are still easy to check out, you gotta see super gt at least once and the tokyo auto salon. :smile:
Research ahead of time..........

While I'm on the subject... I DO have a perfectly good S2000 sitting in my garage...

Is it as much of a pain in the ass to take a car there as it is to bring one back?

I keep holding out hope only cause I plan on living there for quite some time, and I know if I didnt have a car while I was there to take advantage of the large car culture they have I'd be missing out big time, NSX or not.

Cannot agree more about this. So much redtape and everything has to be done by the book...that drives me crazy. You cannot get things done in a timely manner.

Being an Asian in Tokyo that doesn't speak Japanese, I felt like I am the odd man out. Locals think I'm a foreigner and Westerners treat me like locals...no win situation.

Sorry for hijacking this thread a bit. :tongue::redface:

Yeah, it's a different kettle of fish in those situations, even my japanese friend who looks brazillian gets treated differently. Big on physical appearance/nationality discrimination here. Don't get me wrong people generally are very nice (to me anyway, i'm whiter than bleach). Got my bike stolen yesterday so i'm bit bummed out!:smile:

When you lose your temper however(not recommended), things speed up and previously impossible paths suddenly open up. :biggrin:Which then begs the question, why couldn't they have done that before i got angry.:redface: Then there's the guilt of being a complete dick(because you don't want to be the obnoxious foreigner), you can't win! I'm still in awe of the abundance of archaic paper filing systems instead of computers. (in the towns/cities i've lived):eek:

While I'm on the subject... I DO have a perfectly good S2000 sitting in my garage...

Is it as much of a pain in the ass to take a car there as it is to bring one back?

I keep holding out hope only cause I plan on living there for quite some time, and I know if I didnt have a car while I was there to take advantage of the large car culture they have I'd be missing out big time, NSX or not.

The american guys would know, i heard with the army it makes things easier(i heard!), the car culture is not as ubiqitious as you might think. I was expecting to see modified cars all over the place, but it's very rare in my mid sized town. I saw more above average modified cars in daily in australia. I'm pretty sure the shaken (registration and check) system has a lot to do with cars being sedate (in appearance especially). Most people modify the kei cars, as they are cheaper to register and easier to fit into the TINY parking spaces. You wouldn't believe the places people park their cars. Parking ninja's here!

I was reading an article in a magazine... dsport? import tuner? I go through too many to remember which one, but it was something on the downfall of tuning and after market companies in Japan. Where the sports cars of the previous generation have been replaced with fleets of Kei cars, and Tuning companies left in ruin with the floundering economy.

I had really hoped that wasn't the case or at the very least a overly pessimistic view. Guess not.

Anyone else have word on the feasibility on bringing a USDM car to Japan?

Back