Pulled over...

and given a fix-it ticket for my front license plate!!! =/ Grrrr!!!!

Anyone know if you can get a friendly cop to just sign off on it and not have to put one on? And how bout if you put one on, get it written off, and then take it off again? What happens if you get ticketed for it multiple times? Just curious. I hate having a license plate on the front, it's so ugly. =/

Yes, it's ugly. I would put it back on, get it signed off and take it back off.

It just falls under the fix it ticket. I would find it hard to believe that they would track it.

It might fall under the three strikes law and you will hauled off to prison for life.

I live in a two plate state (i believe 10 enforce this law)TX. I have never had a front plate on my BMW, Supra, RX-7, or NSX.
I have gotten pulled over once for it and I just paid the $90 ticket and moved on. I'm not familiar with a fix-it ticket but I gather from other posts you have to get it signed off? If so the Dali holder mentioned before is the only alternative in my opinion.

Originally posted by comptechnsx:
I'm not familiar with a fix-it ticket but I gather from other posts you have to get it signed off? If so the Dali holder mentioned before is the only alternative in my opinion.

Why not the factory plate holder? It doesn't require any drilling or visible holes, and it's easy enough to remove again afterwards.

Originally posted by Darkcyd:
and given a fix-it ticket for my front license plate!!! =/ Grrrr!!!!

Anyone know if you can get a friendly cop to just sign off on it and not have to put one on? And how bout if you put one on, get it written off, and then take it off again? What happens if you get ticketed for it multiple times? Just curious. I hate having a license plate on the front, it's so ugly. =/

I've been ticketed for it multiple times and I am stil a free man! Just pay the $10 to have it signed off and take it off after if you don't want it on.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Why not the factory plate holder? It doesn't require any drilling or visible holes, and it's easy enough to remove again afterwards.

The Dali bracket is a snap to install (takes maybe 1 minute) and requires NO drilling. Just uses the 2 OEM screws at front to mount.

In addition, the stock bracket mounts over the nose and is known to scuff the paint there.

IMO, if you are unlucky (like me) and are required to have a front plate, the Dali part is the way to go.

------------------
'96 Black/Tan NSX-T

Almost makes you want to move to another state, eh?

The factory bracket can indeed scuff and damage the paint. My car had the factory plastic thing and when I removed it I noticed a black scuff mark on the paint.

I'm sure that if it were left on it would have eventually rubbed through the paint. I was able to remove the mark with some Zaino polish.

If you own the factory bracket you might want to remove it and check your paint. You might also want to consider the Dali bracket or trimming/modifying the factory bracket so it doesn't rub.

Afterall you might want to sell your car to someone who lives in a state without such silly laws.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I've been ticketed 4x for not having my front license plate (in CA) on my non-NSX. Just put it on, sign it off, and take it off. I don't think they track it as well.

I've also had 2 fix-it tickets for my front tinted windows. Again, I removed it, and put it back on. It was a hassle... I'm much more careful about them. When my V1 or Scanner goes off, I roll down my windows. The last 2 fix-it tickets for no front plates... I rolled down my windows REAL fast.
wink.gif

YMMV... your ticket, your money, your choice.

Back